Idea: forum community game

I can’t enter because I am not level enough for that. But In this kind of projects is easy forgot focus in Why thinks happen and all end in a random pieces of writing.

A solid background like why Mc is there and how stuff happens and a detailed goal to going through . The tv show Quantum leap was a perfect example, Alice in Wonderland is another. Anyway Please a selfish or evil reason option. I am so tired of all goodies. If you need maybe some idea or something just say Poison on loud p

1 Like

I do quite like the books idea and involving an array of genres. Pagemaster had Horror, Adventure and Fantasy but one could branch into an array of idea like Jane Austen style romance, Game of Thrones style Gritty Fantasy, Holmesian Victorian Detective, wacky Sci-Fi etc.

I also would adore a solid time travel game where a player has a time machine and gets to choose where to go from an array of eras.

1 Like

They are all great ideas and will be taken into consideration.

:slight_smile:

There’s some super ideas there. I’d also suggest having some kind of loose series of deadlines for anyone participating (ie idea in by x date, outline in by y date, first section in by z date etc) to try and keep things ticking along (Although you will need to give writers enough time and sometimes life does happen but this will hopefully help keep the communication happening and stop the project from being shelved). Of course that’s up to you :smile:

1 Like

Okay ill do it even thogth im still working on a wip , we havent even started writing yet. So this seems like a good way t make a highly replayable game. :grinning:

Great. It’s nice to have another person on board.

Sounds like fun. I’m in, as long as the theme is something I think I could work with.

1 Like

Oooh, this sounds very fun and interesting! May I join in on the fun as well?

1 Like

So let me get this straight we each basically write our own path from a starting point in a story?

Basically. We’ll come up with an overall outline and theme, and divide it up into sections. The writers of each section will probably need to then come up with an outline of their individual section and then submit that to the group before further writing is done, that way the group can give input but more importantly writers of later sections can reference things that happened in earlier sections so as to give a sense of continuity.

1 Like

This would be a superb oppertunitty for a quest type adventure. Each path could be a quest to under go . We could all come up with characters the player may choose to take with them.or get a specific set per story.

Just to let everyone know, I’ve got enough writers now for this project. However, if we need any more people, I’ll let you know.

Update: just to inform everyone, yes, this idea is still going ahead and going well I must say. However, we are looking for more writers that want to be involved.

If anyone is interested in being a part of this project let me know and I will give you a list of genres that are already taken. That doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to stick to a set genre, as you can combine different genres, but does make sure that authors are not writing similar stories. :slight_smile:

1 Like