I, Cyborg -- BETA TESTERS NEEDED

where is that?..

oh and there is already a book called I, cyborg so thereā€™s that.

Click ā€œAboutā€ at the top of the page when you load a game.

Here's an example.

When you click that, it will take you to a Credits page.

Like this.

3 Likes

New draft posted.

ā€¦

New draft posted!

ā€œMost of the changes here are small typo fixes or line-break issues. There was also a bug that made it possible to be fired from a job you didnā€™t have. Under some circumstances, if you had a job with Kishoreā€™s organization going into the last chapter, you didnā€™t have a chance to quit; Iā€™ve added that option. Iā€™ve also fixed some text so that the present or past tense matches whether one particular NPC is alive or dead.ā€

3 Likes

New draft posted.

ā€¦

I would like to beta test

Hi, all! Iā€™m the I, Cyborg author. I appreciate all high and low level feedback that everyoneā€™s sent in - thank you!

The last chapter of the game has lots of variant text based on whatā€™s happened so far; whoā€™s alive and whoā€™s dead, who youā€™re on good terms with and who you arenā€™t, what plans youā€™ve made, et cetera. And that sort of complexity can introduce bugs.

All the bugs that have been reported to date have been fixed, but if youā€™d pay extra attention to the final chapter, Iā€™d appreciate it. If you can include a screenshot or cut and paste the relevant text alongside a description of the problem, that makes the process of fixing the code much, much faster. (For example: ā€œIron Jill is dead, but Iā€™m told I see her in the crowd aboard Rainā€, accompanied by a screenshot or C&P.)

Thanks again!

8 Likes

Damean, you can sign up for the beta using the instructions in Jasonā€™s post at the top of the thread - thanks!

3 Likes

New draft posted.

ā€¦

Most of the changes in the latest draft adjust difficulties and rewards. Iā€™m always happy to hear about anything playtesters found notable, whether good and bad. Whatā€™s especially useful to me at this point is your experience with the subplots (especially the romances, the airshow, and attempting to impersonate Ypsilanti in Chapter 7). Did you succeed at them if you tried? If you failed, what did you think the reason was? Thanks!