How much time do you think you spend on gaming, just asking?

Entirely too much tbh

An hour a day and 2 on weekends , recently i have a bunch of new recruits to push my work onto so might up these by 30 mins.

Iā€™d say about 2 hours per day, 3 or 4 on weekends, when itā€™s not exam season. PC and console games included, of course.
But it really depends. Whenever a new, intriguing cog/hg releases, I usually spend the subsequent one or two days binge playing to get the ā€œperfect endingā€. Also, I sat in front of my computer for three days trying to finish Disco Elysium last winter break.
So yes, itā€™s a mostly healthy schedule sprinkled with bits of unhealthy obsession. :slightly_smiling_face:

I used to be able to play games nonstop. Like play 12 hrs and then sleep because my back and eyes hurt. Then play the same hrs the next day. But its been like 4 yrs now that I have kinda just lost passion for gaming.

I will be excited about a game then play it like for an hr and then never play it again. I barely play like 2 hrs a week. That is just to keep up with my friends who work abroad. Donā€™t know what happened shrugs.

~4-5 hours on a workday, ~9+ on weekends.

I also (usually) take a week off for big game releases and binge play them for days.

The benefits of a non-existent social life.

2 Likes

Honestly, it depends on how much stress Iā€™m under. If I have too many projects demanding my attention (Like today haha.), then I canā€™t enjoy games as much, for as long. But when I have breathing room, left to my own devices, I can game for 12+ hours in a day, as long as the game is interesting.

Still nothing like when I was a teenager and could happily play the entire day away. But I can still fixate and get pretty intense.

I used to spend 14 hours straight for gaming, but now I barely get time to play but I daily try to spend at least 1 or 2 hour gaming.

1 Like

As a passionate gamer, I go for 5 hours max per day gaming. Normally, 1 or 2 will suffice.

The amount for me is vastly dependent on mood. I didnā€™t feel like playing games today. Yesterday I spent about 40 minutes playing some games, and a week ago I spent like 3 days playing Fallen Hero Retribution for 8 hours at a time.

Sometimes, if I donā€™t want to play games myself, Iā€™ll listen to people play them. It can help me unwind without doing it myself directly.

I play a loooooot. On weekends at least 8 hours per day. During the week while I work I am too tired and get 2 hours in if I feel like it.

I wouldnā€™t consider myself a gamer at all; it can go several months between play sessions for me. That said, when I do play games, I do it very intensely, often getting into hyperfocus, not doing much but playing games for a while. Then I tire of it, but I always come back. Iā€™m one of those people that replay favourites over and over again, nice and familiar. I only have a cheap laptop and a 3DS, and a Switch (and to the latter I only own two games as of yet,) so my options are very limited.

@Caronte Which games do you own for Switch if you dont mind me asking?

1 Like

Itā€™s Breath of the Wild and Skyward Sword.

1 Like

About 35 yearsā€¦

Been playing since the Atari! Hours are wayā€¦long gone at this point.

I feel super younger than you and I am a late SNES/PS1 boy. :sweat_smile:

I still remember when we got the PS1ā€¦

Holy crap. Everything before it feltā€¦outdated.

The PS1 came with this CD, that had a T-Rex walking in darknessā€¦that was the most awesome thing ever! It was in 3D!! and you could make it roarā€¦

Alongside the Vibrating controllerā€¦made me forget how crappy the Atari controllers were, they would break so fastā€¦ :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I can skip meals, baths, sleeps, and even works if the game is so good

@Caronte Nice Legend of Zelda is always good. I canā€™t wait for Tears of the Kingdom.

1 Like

I still very occasionally think about getting a Switch just for Zelda stuff so I can see what all the fuss is about. :grin:

Thankfully I guess I have Horizon and Skyrim to fall back on.

1 Like

It really is - and same here, Iā€™m quite hyped!

1 Like