Heroes Rise - When is it coming?

honestly i wnted 2 kill criminals an be an anti-hero/vigilante (sorta like Rorschach from Watchmen) or be a powerless bad-ass (Like Rorschach)

Hey all –

Thank you for your discretion up to this point. If you could hold off discussing details until we set a release date, it would be appreciated. I think that day will be May 25th, but it’s certainly not set yet.

Once it’s set, then you can start talking.

Cool so we only have to wait a little while.

So, could you just be a superhero? Not a villain? Cuz I love being a villain, don’t have to worry about saving citizens. But being a superhero is cool too.

Jason doesn’t want us to talk about it in detail until the official release date is announced.

Can you at least say if you died a lot as in there are many choices which you pick that end in death or is that confidential information as well?

I dont really care though so you can keep your code of silence(or was it honor?)

@MaddiMartian :smiley: I’d rather be a villain than a superhero too. Being evil is what most people like to be but they express it in games instead. :stuck_out_tongue: (That excludes criminals)

Um… I wouldn’t agree with that. Playing an evil guy in a game can be fun sometimes, but most of the time I like playing good guys. Then again most evil options for players are terribly written.

It would be cool if there were more games that allowed you to make choices based on motivations other than the abstract good and evil, or in Mass Effect’s case, Nice and Mean.

Like more along the lines of their being negative consequences no matter what you do, not always giving an easy out to every situation.

As many times as I try to choose the “evil” options in games like Mass Effect, i always feel guilty afterwards. Im just too weak. lol

Well ME has no evil option really. Shep’s always the good guy. The choice is in whether you want to be a nice guy or a mean guy.

Some Renegade options are downright evil. For example, recruiting one character in ME2 requires a fairly wicked decision (and not an “I did what I had to do” wicked decision either).

That said, I’m sure Heroes Rise have options for at least mean, and possibly evil. The CoG people have in all their games so far.

@Ramidel,
Which Character? I Played ME2 but I’m not sure who you’re talking about.

Mass effect is the best videogame series of our generation, except for the ending, hopefully BioWare will fix that. @Zed I think Ramidel means Morinth, because I have no idea who else you recruit were you HAVE to do something wicked.

@Syndicate,
Oh yeah Morinth; Unless of course you count Zaeed’s Loyalty mission as evil due to either saving the refinery workers or chasing after the target.

@Zed You can get Zaeed’s loyalty while still going after the workers by being renegade enough though IIRC (maybe paragon works too, IDK).

@Reaperoa no it dosent work for paragon, sadly I dont think.

@Syndicate,
I think if you Have high enough Paragon it does, though i’m not sure how much

You can get Zaeed’s loyalty as a Paragon. It’s a rather awesome scene.

And yes, I did mean Morinth, I just didn’t want to drop too many spoilers (though the train’s kinda left the station there by now).

A yes, I was correct!!! @Zed I thought you guys meant with renegade you can save the workers and still kill the guy, I know if you have a high score for either you can still obtain his loyalty, you just can’t do both. I thought Reaperoa meant you could do both with high renegade. I’m confused now.