Heart's Choice General Discussion

I feel like if the games are gonna stick with the omnibus only release going forward, there needs to atleast be a written review section in-app. Just some way for consumers to be informed about what others think besides externally going to the forum.

On another topic, so far personally the games that I have read a bit of (only the demo of AWPW, but the full version of Jazz Age) while the writing has been good for the most part they both were not what I was expecting for a label more romance focused. Was thinking more of a better paced build up to romance rather then jumping right into it from the start (AWPW) or kind of feeling forced a bit into having to pick someone (Jazz Age, even the characters admit they haven’t known you long before they confess their love for you…also even if you have done everything you could to show your not interested in them which the story doesn’t really seem to want you to do). Definitely think quite a few HG and CoG games did romance way better oddly enough. I had alot of issues with Jazz Age, but I don’t really want to get into it right now and seem so negative.

Still though, I have high hopes for this label. Really really really need that review system in though.

17 Likes

I think an in-app review system would be brilliant. I have no idea what that takes from a practical standpoint, but I would also really like it.

9 Likes

This. I had like 30something relationship stat with John and he still confessed to my MC at that point it feelt like he is forcing himself on my MC.

Edit: I’d like the idea of in-app reviews (written ones) especially bc I’d hope the people giving those reviews would be more of the serious sort and not trolls.

6 Likes

I think my biggest issue with Heart’s Choice so far is the ubsurd wait times i mean 2 hours wait or pay 4$

I am fine with ads and wait times while annoying are sufferable. But a 2 hour wait just so i can continue to the next chapter this is no better than the Choices mobile game at this point.

2 Likes

What makes it better than choices is, that you are able to Just buy the game to have it without ads and without waiting.

14 Likes

Choices is what lead me to COG. Man are the greedy scum. One time purchases are far better than what they do. Just me being angry at having to wait 2 hours and then having my progress pushed back a chapter so i had to reread it and wait another 2 hours

6 Likes

yeah I tried that to, but they, and many more like that are really greedy. I could get used to wait or give money for special costumes, but having to choose lousy answers for not paying was just to much. + the girls in their games are sooo submissive, that Icould not stand it^^

6 Likes

The game is entirely free if you wait through delays, and soon, we’ll be switching the delays to about a minute and a half of advertisements.

It was not entirely free for us to make. If you don’t understand why we’ve created an incentive for you to buy the game outright, I’ll be happy to explain why our content costs money.

35 Likes

I’ve suffered through Choices and Lovestruck where you don’t get the option to buy outright. Lovestruck even makes you pay if you replay the same route.

I get that a two hour wait is annoying when a game is addictive, and maybe buying isn’t an option for you, but saying it’s on the same level as Choices is absurd. For one, this company isn’t embarrassed by its LGBTQ+ fans (Choices…) and I can trust them not to spring non-con situations on me (LOVESTRUCK!).

Hopefully the ad option works out for you when it comes :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Yeah i understand everyone and i was mostly just upset at the time when i originally post about this.
But i am loving Hearts Choice
And i hope to see it expand just as Hosted and COG did as well.

7 Likes

Both of those sound terrible. I have Lovestruck on my phone, but I couldn’t tell you the last time I opened it. I’ve been super spoiled by IF and those sorts of games don’t let you define your own personality and only sometimes your actions.

6 Likes

Hey i can’t for the life of me find hearts choice stuff on the playstore. Any help?

You can find the play store link in this url link. Pretty sure it won’t show up in public searches since it’s solely for adults and any kids could accidentally come across it if they type in heart or choice

1 Like

So now I can finally speak once again… :sweat_smile: I have to say that Hearts Choice is overall a great app with some solid potential for all preferences. Jazz Age is as others have said a tad short (though actually the non romantic and historical stuff is actually really interesting) and I really wish there were a second F option outside Gwen in Dawnfall (though I have a soft spot for Zenith too) but overall it’s a great start! Pirates Pleasure is also totally awesome, both with its interesting male romances and just being a fun female pirate sim. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The next couple of games probably won’t appeal but I am interested in the Gladiator game after trying the demo…

3 Likes

I really enjoyed A Pirates Pleasure, the replay value is sufficient enough and the story is a far cry better than Broadsides (in my opinion, anyways). I have played through almost every permutation and I absolutely adore Alexander Eden - he seems like a submissive and that’s just my type :laughing:.

Jazz Age I found to be lacking in romance, it just sort of slaps you in the face with a person you hardly know declaring their undying love for you. No real chemistry or depth. I did really like the premise of the story though, it had loads of potential.

I haven’t read Downfall. I’m not a fan of sci-fi. From the CYOA app developer’s I usually buy from, a huge chunk of the games are wizards, werewolves and otherworldly themes, so I would definitely like to see something a little more ordinary, as boring as that may seem to most. Something forbidden, full of tension between two characters with buckets of chemistry.
I really like the idea of a Victorian Romance, or a situation where you play a nobleman/woman and you can fall in love with a chosen suitor, or a person you are at odds with… or even fall for the maid or butler. Cliché? Yes! Butler kink? Absolutely :yum:

12 Likes

I agree about Pirate’s Pleasure–I enjoyed it, though I didn’t find it steamy at all (it had one chili pepper, lol). Haven’t tried Jazz Age because it sounds like the relationships are too shallow. I haven’t heard much about Downfall.

While I don’t like Victorian settings (too prissy and boring for me), I like your idea of having more ordinary settings. I’d love to see one set in a limited area, so to speak. A bunch of people trapped in a building together, unable to leave until the end, and forced to try to get along (and hook up, of course!). I saw some movie like that–can’t remember the name–but it turned out they were all convicts and hiding it from each other. Kinda cool concept.

4 Likes

The Victorian era is definitely deemed too prissy and boring, but I think that could be the reason why it would make for a steamy setting; the repression of sexuality set free. I picture a young man or woman feeling disgraced with themselves for feeling disgraceful lol, then meeting a few others with similar wishes to explore these thoughts and feelings. Idk I’m not a writer (and this is probably why lol)

That movie is familiar to me too. I have ‘Identity’ in my head, with John Cusack and a bunch of strangers with secrets, and a lot of coincidental connections, become stuck at a motel because all the roads are flooded and they get bumped off one by one. You are definitely right about that being a great setting. It could be something amazing. So if any writers are here, there’s an awesome idea for you!

6 Likes

I think the only problem with that system is that not every reader is going to know at the start who they’re likely to romance, especially if it’s their first run at the game. Case in point that I was planning on romancing Freddie in my first run at Creme de Creme but ended up going with Hartmann because I had the time with her character to do so. Your idea might suit some kinds of game, but not all of them.

That sounds like writing two entirely different games into one. Hell, multiple games into one, even, if there’s multiple ROs the system could be used on. Authors already have to deal with branching story paths and different ROs, without implementing an optional system that sounds like it would require rewrites of entire scenes. Hell, entire rewrites of everything, if this system is meant to implement a ‘soul mates’ trope into effect, versus not.

Now that I think of it, it might even effect stats, too.

If you haven’t looked at the Wayhaven Chronicles series, I think it probably has the most actionable version of what you’re looking for. It isn’t immediate–book one is spent letting the player see the RO cast in action so that they can make an informed decision, so the bulk of the romantic content is going to be in future books–but there’s an RO lock in choice to allow for a couple of your points,

And although functionally the decision isn’t made until later, the author has stated that the romance will be written with the idea of soulmates/the RO at least feeling love at first sight in mind.

Of course this is a Hosted game, not Heart’s Choice, so any further discussion on it should be in an appropriate thread, but given that it’s largely an example of your suggestion in action it felt relevant enough to mention

10 Likes