Heart of the House — Chase ghosts from the heart of a haunted manor!

We’re proud to announce that Heart of the House, the latest in our popular “Choice of Games” line of multiple-choice interactive-fiction games, is now available for Steam, iOS, and Android. It’s 30% off until November 2nd!

Destroy the evil at the heart of a haunted manor! As an orphan, you discovered your ability to commune with the spirit world and ghosts. When your uncle Kent mysteriously disappears, you’ll embark on a journey find out what really happened. With your trusty companion Devanand at your side, you make your way to Darnecroy Manor, where Kent was last seen. It is…The House.

Heart of the House is 360,000-word interactive Gothic novel by Nissa Campbell. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

Within the manor, you’ll encounter the master, Lord Bastian Reaves; his mysterious servants, Oriana and Loren; and the thousands of spirits teeming around and in this haunted mansion. But will you shatter the power that binds the ghosts to the House, or claim it for yourself? Can love bloom in a haunted house? Most importantly, how will you escape, when the House comes for you?

• Play as a male, female, or non-binary; gay, straight, bi, ace, or poly
• Explore the halls of the House, even as they seem to shift before your eyes
• Encounter ghosts, spirits, and echoes, as you search for your lost Uncle Kent
• Fight against an ancient evil or embrace its demonic gifts
• Indulge in steamy, chaste, sweet, or provocative romances, or go it alone
• Exploit the secrets you find for self-serving ends or use them to help your friends
• Defeat your greatest fears in bone-chilling moments of terror…if you can.
• Choose whom you can save, if anyone, from the horrors the House contains

For some, there may be no escape from The Heart of the House.

We hope you enjoy playing Heart of the House. We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on StumbleUpon, Facebook, Twitter, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.

56 Likes

Found an error.

“Now,” she says with exaggerated patience, “you were saying?”

page_break Right

Screen shot

1 Like

Please send any error report to support@choiceofgames.com.

2 Likes

Sent! And dang that was a fast reply XD :wink: Loving the new game so far kudos to the author :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had a lot of fun with this one! Tried to get my strange arcana maxed but only got 40%, I’ll have to go through again and try to figure out what I missed

Anyone know how to get the "get it while you can achievement?

@Natman1025 I had 100% arcanum, not sure if it’s nessicary but (spoilers for the end game): The way I got it was I helped Oriana all the way up to when she told me to shove an ice pick into Sophia’s head, said there must be another way, and then chose the options that say I’ll take the power/curse

3 Likes

Ill assume that sale is until november 2nd not october. Lol

What are the different phobias and how is it selected?

@CowboyHooah If I remember right: you select it mid way through the game, during one of the Violet Room dreams, heights and aracnaphobia are the only two I remember

I got canine phobia (can’t remember the real name)

How do I get the achievement for Dev?

I’m a sucker for Gothic literature—so I bought this one almost as soon as I saw this post. Super excited to try this one out (hopefully this weekend)!

3 Likes

Can someone tell me what will is used for?

@PisceanLover Will seems to be your health bar in regards to things in the Aether messing with you. Mine never went below 80, and I don’t know if that’s just cause I had high Arcanum or if the game isn’t actually battering you that much, spiritually speaking.

damn I’m gonna have to do some replays I don’t even know who Sophia is

1 Like

this is the second speculative period piece CoG has released within roughly the past week and I have never been happier

7 Likes

Sophia is the Baroness, Lady Reaves.

Wow, this game delivers in the romance department! At first every kissing scene felt like a movie, where they get interrupted before anything can happen, and then towards the end of the game I am literally fanning myself because its getting warm in here.

29 Likes

The references to the “Beauty and the Beast” was well done, I’d have to say.

6 Likes