Heart of Flames: The Unforeseen Flame (WIP) [Updated 04/25/21]

coming from D&D, I have a hard time imagining the colors outside of the Monster book . But purple is cool too! just imagine, its breath…maybe its lightning purple stuff .

2 Likes

You may get something else whenever the stats are implemented because that’s a more concrete way of deciding what color your hatchling is :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

3 Likes

Well if this is I’m being a dwarf I want a clear nut shot on anyone who’s taller than me😈 If I Was Made a character a drunken smelly dwarf I’m joking Eleana I called dibs on the Dwarfs as friends when I see one

1 Like

why not let the player decide the color of the dragon?

1 Like

Because in the canon setting of the HoF universe (lore pretty much) the dragons hatch for the soul that they connect with— it’s a soul bond. So the MCs personality is what causes the hatchlings color.

For instance if you’re a sneaky/cautious individual you’re more than likely going to have a black dragon, because black dragons are usually the spy dragon in Haven.

16 Likes

I’d personally recommend that, when you first meet with L(the flirt), you should either remove one of the options, or add a new one, as, while I usually am completely alright with just having two choices for flirting situations, it does seem weird that there’s one option to flirt back, and then two options to reject them.

1 Like

The way I looked at is there’s three reactions— the standoffish, the all for it and the neutral.

3 Likes

curious…whats the mc mother name?

cose saw tis…and I can’t tell…

“Anastasia maybe we should tell Lexa to stay home,” your father says, clear worry tinged in his voice. “You know how judgmental nobility can be to commoners. We’re not even going to mention the fact that we’re Fae.”

Your mother sends a soft smile your way before she turns to your father. “Alexandre, I understand that you’re worried but I believe this will be good for her. I think she should finally go see something that’s actually new.”

“But what if something happens, Stasia?” your father frets, his fists clenching on his lap. Seeing this you lean forward and take one of his hands in yours. Meeting his golden-emerald gaze with your own jade green.

3 Likes

Her name is Anastasia but the MCs father calls her Stasia (as a nickname).

6 Likes

I made a Discord for HoF: Link.

3 Likes

Very interesting so far!
Too short to give detailed feedback, but I’ve enjoyed it!

I have stumbled upon two small issues:

• I find myself in an infinite loading loop if I try to see the “show stats” menu.
  • When talking with Perrie, he says:
    “When I refused to not turn you away when you arrived.”
    It should either be “When I refused to turn you away when you arrived” or something along the lines of “When I told them I will not turn you away”.
    As it is, it seems like the people were asking Perrie NOT to turn the MC away, and he refused (so he did turn him away anyway). And well, you mean the opposite, right?

Oh and also, for future updates, it would be nice to have a save system - it’s easier to test branches in demos if saves are avaible, not to mention, you can fall back without restarting the entire thing in case of a game breaking bug.

Following the dragon color chart, my dragon’s green! It’s related to the MC’s personality right? What does green mean?

3 Likes

Love the game. Though I think you should make the scene that takes place before we start the first chapter. You know the one with all the “secrets”. Anyway I think that would make a great prologue.

1 Like

Thank you for the help :smiley:

As for your dragon?

Green: The color of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green has strong emotional correspondence with safety. Green riders tend to be the healers and keepers. Soft-spoken and gentle you could never go wrong with them. (Or they’re usually the scouts of the army. If the Red Riders are knights… think of the Green Riders as archers, scouts, or rogues-- though rogues tend to lean towards Black Riders.)

The dragon system will be much more accurate when I finally implement the stats though.

8 Likes

I just updated that :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, that seems accurate! I mean, obviously it is since it depends on my choices, but it fits the way I imagine my character.

Also, I can’t help but think of the green dragons from Heroes of Might and Magic III, and that makes me happy because they’re beautiful. Not to mention it makes it fit even better since they’re one of the dragon species from the elven faction.
Green_dragon_III
Well, now I kind of picture the dragon like that :smile:

2 Likes

I might have to implement some of their characteristics then :slight_smile:. The dragons I imagine are a mixture of the Inheritance Cycle dragons (for those of you who don’t know what that is: Eragon) and A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones), but Heroes of Might and Magic III dragons look wonderful too.

2 Likes

I really love the dragons from that game. The Heroes of Might and Magic series has beautiful dragons (and monters) overall, but the designs of the third game are by far my favorite, even if the graphics are dated.
Glad you like them! They mean a lot to me - as does the entire game. Lots of precious memories.

2 Likes

Um when/how do you find out your dragon color?

I really enjoy what you have so far I can’t wait for when we get our own dragon but a question about that do we get a choice on the color of our dragon or is determined based on stats

@Zeus

6 Likes