Guenevere (WIP)

Depends of the country In mine, feminist were against forced military service of men. With “No men nor women have to being forced to fighting” . So in my country equalitarism won.

6 Likes

I LOVE this wip buuuuuut I cant get over genderlock

You will get over it. It’s one game genderlocked on a female MC in a mass of games genderlocked on a male character and another bunch of games that at least give you the freedom of choice (and some games that focuse on ensemble casts without clear MC).

9 Likes

If Lance is the father of Guen’s child will he be involved much in the raising of that child?

Here’s my blog post on genderlocking. This is almost certainly the only genderlocked-protagonist game I’ll ever write, but as @Sammysam says, at least it makes a microscopic contribution to balancing out the zillions of male-protagonist games.

He’ll certainly be around a lot, though he’ll also have Galahad to think about, along with other concerns. I’m not totally sure yet exactly what his influence will be. I’ll have to figure that out by part 5!

6 Likes

You know, not to be nitpicking, but I think the occasions you wrote my username wrong start to pile up :wink:

aaaaaaaaaaa sorry! :anguished: I fixed the most recent one. :slight_smile: I’ll try to get it right in the future.

1 Like

I really have to make another Guen who will have Lance’s kid, I really, really, really want to see Galahad with a sibling, that’s a really interesting idea to explore (and tbh more interesting to me than Mordred having another sibling). And Guen having Lance’s kid in general is interesting, since she usually has no kids at all.

(There was a terrible movie where Galahad was hers and Arthur’s kid but he was hinted to actually be Lance’s, I think. And a book where she and Arthur’s daughter might have been Lance’s. A lot of ‘maybes’.)

Will Elaine know Guen Jr. is Galahad’s sibling? Is it possible for them to have different kinds of relationships depending on how you raise Jr.? Or is it always the same kind of relationship?

Okay everybody has asked about Arthur’s child and Lancelot’s child, of course they would be involved.

Let’s say I’m romancing Morgana and I have Arthur’s child. As well as Arthur being involved because of course, he’s the father, can I try to involve Morgana in the child’s life as much as possible?

1 Like

Oh my god. Can one of Guen’s kids’ real names be Guenevere Jr.? I want it so badly now.

^ Here, let me fix that for you.

Sorry, sorry, I know that’s terrible. Meant entirely as a compliment to Guen’s incredible scope and ambition. I likewise suffer from the delusion that I’ll write something other than Rebels one day. :smiley:

6 Likes

Aw yiss. -Luxury-Loving Guen fist pumps-

This made me giggle.

Thanks for shedding light on the matter! I’m glad to know it’s not something I was supposed to pick up myself. :sweat_smile: I’m still pretty confused about the sword business, though… Just how much of a conflict trigger (or useful tool) is it? How much difference will it make in the long run, with Guen’s magic, her relationship with Arthur, and with the plot in general? Or am I focusing on one of the least significant aspects of part 2? :sweat: I’m sorry if anyone’s asked about this before, but I tend to skip reading posts that contain mentions of Arthurian relics since I wouldn’t have a clue what they’re about. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

[quote=“Havenstone, post:6281, topic:1996, full:true”] … Sorry, sorry, I know that’s terrible. Meant entirely as a compliment to Guen’s incredible scope and ambition. I likewise suffer from the delusion that I’ll write something other than Rebels one day. :smiley:
[/quote]

Don’t dash my budding aspirations you two! I don’t want to be crushed so soon. :wink:

[Quote=jeantown][quote=“Mim, post:6231, topic:1996”]
A part of me reallly likes the idea of giving birth to both Arthur and Lancelots children because magic but no.
[/quote]
Yeah, I decided that for this story/universe, magic can’t change basic reproductive biology. The tensions of not being able to use magic that way seemed to fit the story and its themes.[/quote]

I just wanted to point out that magic isn’t necessary. Basic reproductive biology allows for it and documented cases exist. If a woman’s ovaries release two eggs simultaneously, as in the case of fraternal twins, often down separate fallopian tubes, it’s very much possible for each to be fertilized by the sperm of a different man if she has sex with more than one, as sperm can survive in the womb for several days and its not always the case that the same man’s sperm wins the race to both of the eggs.

Most of the time no one notices and it’s the mother’s secret unless one is clearly interracial when neither parent is, nor is the other twin.

I would consider that in Guen’s case it is even more unlikely as it is statistically speaking in real life, considering it’s implied that Guen has to use magic to even get pregnant in the first place…

If fertility magic works anything like fertility drugs, then it will not only increase the probability of a pregnancy, but also of multiple pregnancies, and not just twins, but also triplets and greater multiples. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

That’s a big “if”, you know?

Even bigger than Interactive Fiction (IF) itself. :wink:

Maybe Fertility Magic™ works by holding a lottery among all the sperm and the winner - and the winner only - get a first class ride in a comfy chariot to meet the egg?

What? It’s magic, it’s possible. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

@Jeantown already said that wouldn’t happen so no weird herds of smelling babies. Ag, Poor Poison queen she hates babies so much and the mere fact of thinking about having a little hippie little brat makes her sick. However, she would do everything to have a stupid heird because that’s what she is supposed to do. And strength her to take the rules. I hope she could be seen as a good mom while she hates the rat. She would end killing her spawn for sure.

I was just pointing out that twins by different fathers is a very possible outcome with “basic reproductive biology” as the author had expressed her concerns in that regard.

My apologies if my comments on fertility magic possibly working like fertility drugs gave anyone nightmares of turning into the next octomom!

:laughing:

2 Likes