Guenevere (WIP)

What’s the anime called? And holy crap that was like a hundred comments ago, I’m never gonna keep up. >_<

@jeantown
If Guenevere and Lancelot didn’t get along when they first met will Lancelot (or perhaps Guenevere) try to make amends later in the future or will he just continue to keep his distance from her?

1 Like

She is clearly talking about phoenix wright.

2 Likes

@skulls After the possibly-unwanted kiss, Lancelot will try his best to respect Guen’s wishes, whatever he believes them to be. So if she tells him to leave her alone, he will leave her alone unless she tells him otherwise. That’s his way of making amends.

1 Like

I love how that’s your usual response. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t believe you have a Guen called “Disney Princess Guen.” That is awesome. I have no idea why Guenevere isn’t a Disney princess yet.

1 Like

@Mirabella Most probably becuse The Sword in the Stone focuses on Arthur’s childhood and they made no sequels. I suspect they thought that a movie based on the legends involving Guenevere would be too mature for children.

Yeah, considering that the main thing Guinevere is remembered for is adultery, I wouldn’t expect her to be joining the Disney princess lineup anytime soon… but who knows what they’ll do with this live-action Sword in the Stone movie?

Two things! @faewkless It’s he. I like using my precious daughter as my avatar, but it’s a he.

@Pqfire09

As @faewkless Said, it is Ace Attorney (…I’m pretty sure thats what he meant…). However, it is not an anime. It’s a game series. The most recent installment, currently only out in japan with no release date anywhere else (thus people are getting worried that it might go the Investigations 2 route and not come over to the U.S [or any non-japan place]. in any format), Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Bōken (“Great Turnabout Trial: The Adventures of Ryūnosuke Naruhodō”) is the one with Sherlock Holmes and the 10 year old Watson.

…So no opportunities to play this any time soon!

@jeantown @WulfyK Well they turned Hercules/Heracles into a kid-friendly hero. If they can make Disney-fy that story, they can Disney-fy anything!

1 Like

@jeantown @WulfyK @Mirabella That contradiction (between calling her Disney Princess Guen, yet her doing the very un-Disney Princess like act of having an affair)…is TOTALLY DELIBERATE. :grinning:

Disney Princesses are required to be virtually perfect, with morality beyond reproach. And yet…their worlds aren’t exactly filled with temptation for them to be otherwise. After all, what temptation is there to cheat on the prince when he’s your true love, your Soulmate, your other half? NONE. But what if he wasn’t?

So that’s how I got the idea to plop a good-natured, incredibly idealistic, painfully naïve girl who in another world would have been a Disney Princess into the life/role of Guenevere.

And as for the affair with Lancelot…

For her entire life, Disney Princess Guen dreamed of finding true love and living happily ever after with the man of her dreams. So when she found out she was going to be married to King Arthur, Disney Princess Guen was sure that they would fall in love and live the perfect life together. She went to the wedding just waiting to be swept off her feet…but it didn’t happen. Arthur just isn’t the seductive, sweep her off her feet kind of guy. And no matter how much Disney Princess Guen liked Arthur and desperately wanted to fall for him…she just wasn’t.

Lancelot, on the other hand, is everything Disney Princess Guen always dreamed of and more. She was already starting to like him in Part I (though in total denial of that fact)…but when he started dedicating his victories to her, Disney Princess Guen just melted. Then when Lance rescued her from the evil Meliguant, and kissed her…she was just too overwhelmed to say no. Why oh why couldn’t Arthur be like this? Though she did stop short of having sex. After all, adultery is evil, but it isn’t REALLY adultery if they don’t actually have sex (ME-yeah, sure, you keep telling yourself that). :smile:

Edit: OMG, I just read the blog post about the bike accident (on your anniversary, no less). Just wanted to say I’m glad your PWLI is okay and I hope your quite frankly horrible streak of luck turns around really soon. Best wishes and virtual hugs!

7 Likes

@buggygirl11 Thanks for the sympathy and virtual hugs. :slight_smile: I don’t know what deity I’ve angered, but I really hope things will get better soon.

2 Likes

Lots of hugs and support for Jeantown here, too. Pick on someone else, angry deity. We like Jean.

8 Likes

Prequels!.. Yes :clap:I never knew how much i liked prequels until I started reading them​:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:, would you consider writing one for guen? I know everyone has different gueneveres but guen has the option to tell Arthur on the wedding night if she was a virgin or not…So I just wonder if not then who was this person guen was with before she married Arthur. And I love the birthdays for the NPC’S! I was shocked Arthur was a leo but the description does fit.

3 Likes

@jeantown I just read your progress report.

Actually managing to write while depressed (as opposed to my telling myself to write, not doing it, then feeling guilty for not doing it…and still not doing it)…wow, you’re incredible. :smiley:

And those prequels sound awesome! My curiosity is killing me now! :grinning: Morgana when she was actually happy…seeing Lance on one of his endless quests…finally finding out why the barons rebelled against Arthur…

Just wondering…Lance mentioned that he originally thought that going on adventures/quests would be one big party, then somewhere along the way he lost some of that innocence. Will we see how that happened in the prequel?

4 Likes

Depresion or not Jeantown goes on. BTW next time when you are depressed i would tried to use depresion to help you. focus on doing the happy scenes when you are happy depresing when you are depresed. funny when you are having fun after good joke etc.essentially Master the mood and use it as tool. and Break chains of emotions.
{Sith lord reference intended]

Your Dear
Veni Vidi Vici.

1 Like

Well, in the Jean’s life sucks department, it looks like there is indeed probably mold in my house, which, on the one hand, means that if we can just find and remove all of it, my breathing problems could get better and maybe not kill me after all, but on the other hand, removing mold is insanely expensive and the best case scenario is that I have to add a crippling home improvement loan to my mortgage. Even so, I now have some hope that everything can work out eventually. It just seems like it’s going to take a really long time.

Anyway… for anyone wondering what all this talk of prequels is about, I mentioned them in my monthly progress report this morning.

@Illmaster Yay, I’m so glad you think the prequels are a good idea! I hate the thought of slowing down the release of the rest of part 2 any further, but given my life circumstances right now, I think the world may just have to wait… and tinkering with the prequels is making me happy and helping me get through my tough times.

I don’t think I would write one for Guen herself, or have her appear as a character in anyone else’s, because there’s just too much risk of the reader feeling like that’s not their Guen. But if these work out, I could see maybe writing more for some other characters, like Gawain and Gareth, or Maris and Bretta, in the future.

And yeah, the zodiac signs for the characters worked out amazingly well! I’d say Arthur doesn’t always 100% fit every description for Leo, but it’s still very close. And Morgana as a Capricorn! That’s just so perfect! The plot basically dictated those dates, and I don’t know zodiac signs well enough to know off the top of my head what corresponds to what dates… so I had one of those incredible author moments where your made-up world seems like it has its own cohesive reality independent of yourself.

@buggygirl11 Thanks! :slight_smile: And I’m very glad you’re interested in the prequels. Lance’s story should indeed show a significant moment of him finding out that not everything is the glorious adventure he expected. As for Morgana… well, even as a child, she has a certain intensity, so you won’t exactly see her frolicking among the tulips, but you will see her getting to do things she wants to do.

@CaesarCzech Thank you to you, too! :slight_smile: That’s good advice.

5 Likes

@jeantown just wanted to come by and say i hope everything works out for you with your deppresion, breathing and the mold problem! - Just try to stay strong! And take a break if it gets too much, Best wishes!

@jeantown

Glad i could help even a little bit. By the way where you live that housing is so expensive eastern europe or U.S.A or somewhere else ?

@Jeantown

Good luck surviving! And the prequels sound like a good idea. Maybe I get to see Arthur fight off Meliganunt! I think Lancelot mentions that he knows the reason why Arthur won or something.

Then I get to see Morgana fight off the Vikings with her dark magic spell.

Also, will there also be a Merlin prequel? I’d love to see stuff from the point of view of a fae human. And maybe I’ll see how he creates Merlin Carrots.

1 Like