Frontline - German Campaign [WIP]

@P0RT3R Welcome to the club, i know is difficult too. You dont have to do like our Demo hunter wall text but some context like when game is placed , is volunteer our mc, could be or not Nazi or not have family… a background is a nice place the academy clean and tecnologic or is a old in a muddy place like a hell ? some context

Aye aye

MaraJade is Spanish

Porter were are you from?

@MaraJade
I wouldn’t say 3 paragraphs is a wall of text xD.

@JLBH
Awesome! I’m 18 so still pretty young for an aspiring author.

Yes you are!

@Samuel_H_Young transform a phrase like you attack with a chain in a 3 paragraphs full off abjetives, it´s certainly a wall of text lol :)) i just prefer going to stuff and dont dance in circles description. Maybe because im not native and i lost the track in the 3th surbodinate phrase lol

@JLBH im from the Netherlands

ok i have a small update and towmorrow im going to write the very fist mission
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/121916982/web/index.html

@MaraJade
Yeah I agree that my writing style is sometimes florid but I prefer it that way:P

@PORT3R
I found an error. When you choose to dive to the ground after hearing the gun shot, it says you keep running.

Awesome my favourite football team is Ajax

yeah it should be: you quickly get up from the muddy ground and continue running

and i spotted something pretty stupid myself…
if you are anti tank and you are in the training mission you use the rocket launcher but still shoot with little coloured paper thingys
so ill edit that towmorrow and ill add a little background too

Just a quick question:
What year is the training taking place in?
Weapons technology advanced pretty quickly during the second world war. At the same time, the Wehrmacht was “gearing down” its infantry weapons from expensive early-war models like the MG34 to more economical ones.

Theoretically, if we’re in the late-war period, the machine-gunner should be using an MG42, the training would probably a lot less exhaustive than it is as shown, and the resulting campaign would be pretty depressing for all involved.

If we’re talking early war, then G43s aren’t in service yet, neither are Panzershrecks. Scoped Kar98s and Panzerbuchse 39s would be more appropriate as sniper/AT weapons for the beginning of the war. “Grenadier” would also be “Schutze”, as that didn’t change until late '42, unless the 42nd Jagers is a proper light infantry (Jager) regiment, in which case, it’s “Jager”.

1 Like

@Cataphrak im trying to make it based on history as much as possible but when im like “lets give him a rocket launcher that everyone knows:) aaaah it didnt exist then”
So with the weapons, i only use weapons from 1945 and earlier
Later in the game you will get other weapons.
But im also going to do a tank, naval, air campaign and then it will be like you have a Leopard 1 but oh noooo it dodnt exist yet

And i will just use the ranks i found on a site.
The 42nd Jager Division did exist they where a bit similair to the mountain divisions but a bit heavyer equipped and jager divisions also have a small piece of artillery

Today ill add the very first mission and maby a bit of background

@P0RT3R
“Jager” is german for “hunter”. They’re a type of light infantry with a centuries-old tradition and a lot of unique quirks that are worth taking a look at.

A word of caution when it comes to writing about World War 2: Historical accuracy may be a bit more important here than when writing about other conflicts and events, for three main reasons:
1: First of all, there’s the fact that the war, especially the Anglo-American theatres of it, are very well covered by the media. Most people in the developed world have at least a marginal understanding of the conflict. Getting something “wrong” won’t just be detected by students of history, but possibly by your average reader as well and the last thing you want is for one of your readers to go through historical fiction with the constant impression of “the author is wrong!” going through their heads.
2: World War 2’s got a lot of traumatic moments in humanity’s collective psyche: events like the Holocaust, Rape of Nanking, Siege of Leningrad, Bataan Death March, Katyn Massacre and the Fall of Berlin have to be treated with as much respect as possible.
3: Going from the last point: there’s the fact that there are people still alive who have fought in WWII. There are people here, whose grandparents have told them stories about WWII. The whole war involved so many people and places that you readers will almost certainly have some kind of personal connection with the events, governments and organizations you’re writing about. Misrepresenting something there is a sure-fire way of getting people angry.

2 Likes

Umm… Why is this in affairs of the court?

@Ausar if you are in a phone or iphone you dont see categories so you can’t selected them

@P0RT3R you migjt want to ask a mod to move it otherwise you might not get many responses to this

Ok @summonmoderator

A MODERATOR APPEARS AND USES HIS MAGIC POWERS TO ALTER THE VERY NATURE OF YOUR UNIVERSE.

@Cataphrak i understand what you mean but im going to add at the begin “most missions in this game wont be the same as the real ones and the timeline of the missions wont be veru accurate, i hope you understand this dear reader”
Or something like that

i have been thinking that it might be better if i continue this when i have more writing skills so now ill start with something else and sometimes work on this but ill spend most time on another game

@Porter how about I help you with any grammar or writing skills for you…

Then you won’t have to stop

hello i would like to know if the link can be accessed by everyone because mine is giving an error 404

1 Like

Same here. It’s not working.

1 Like