From Ashes We Rise - Discussion Thread

heee… yea…Luv u Cecilia :blush:

1 Like

Or ask:

Why was a second thread made to “discuss” a game which is already getting 100+ posts a day of discussion on the original thread?

2 Likes

Cause why have one when you can have two?

Mm hmm.

Anyone got a reason that won’t lead to the closure of the thread as unnecessary forum clutter in five… four… three… ?

pushes index finger together and says in a meek voice:

Well, I thought that it would keep the other thread more clean and that it might help navigate?
This one here could be used to talk about the general stuff of the game while the other can be used for questions and answers and for notification.
As I saw others as well doing a discussion thread I thought it would be a nice idea to have it as well.
shrugs

Well, if it is a bad idea, then we go back to the original thread and close this one °^^

Smooth, Umbra. Smooooooooth…

@Nekumura, I’m not sure there’s another case where a WIP has two active threads – but let me know if you’ve got a specific case in mind. Where a WIP has turned into a published game, then yes, there are cases (like CCH) where a new thread has been started for discussion of the final version.

Having two threads for a WIP generally confuses navigation rather than helping it. While it might conceivably “keep the other thread more clean,” it’s a bad precedent to set for the cleanness of the overall forum.

If you think your original WIP thread is getting too cluttered and busy to suit your purposes of Q&A/notification, feel free to take control of it. You own that thread. If you want people to tone down the barely-on-topic rants, say so, and the mods will back you up.

@Nathan_Faxon, I realize that no number of threads can contain your hatred for Troy. That’s exactly why (from a mod perspective) we’re going to keep the number of threads where Troy-hatred belongs to one.

3 Likes

Sorry all mighty @Havenstone blame us “Troy haters” for we have filled the main thread with Troy negativity.

Oh, so it is mainly for the finished ones… well, now that you say it it makes more sense .___.

Alright, we will pack our stuff and move back. Sorry for cluttering the forum like this, it was not my intention!
From now on I will be keeping an eye out and keep the other thread more clean :3 !

Closure or deletion please :smiley:

2 Likes

My apologies, I will store my hatred until the game is published :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Time to drop the padlocks.