Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

Ortega doesn’t sneak up on you, her teammate Argent does.

And since we possessed her in the story, she’s obviously not immune to telepathy.

1 Like

Perhaps we had different fights. I fought Ortega 2nd. Argent was nowhere to be found - interesting if true.

Indeed here is the patch notes:

1 Like

I think they’re referring to where we leave off after finishing the fight with Ortega and Lady Argent comes in with the blindside, @Eiwynn. We probably should have sensed that? Especially because I chose the “mess with her head” option

2 Likes

I don’t know what choices you made, my choices were speed boost, fighting her using my enhanced speed, fight her cautiously, and then after defeating her, I decided to monologue.

And then oww, because Argent suckerpunched me while I was monologueing.

Oh another thing, the MC thinks to themselves that they’re surprised that Argent can hurt them through the armor.

Now unless one chose the augmented defenses option, I can’t say I’m surprised, isn’t Argent supposed to be a brick character, considering the whole “made out of metal” thing?

Brick- strong and tough, in case anyone isn’t familiar with the word being used that way.

I’ll have to replay the ending then because I don’t remember being blindsided after kicking Ortega unconscious.

Edit - @stsword - now I am really confused because my fights were as follows:

first fight Argent’s b/f … hurt him very bad in the car. Then as I let him speak and he says: “At least I am not alone,” I got blindsided by Ortega. I then fought Ortega, eventually thrashing him and kicking him unconscious… at which point I start looking around for Argent and the story ends at this point.

Edit: Looks like my save did not actually save so it will be a little longer to replay then I thought.

1 Like

I just found the option to make Ortega go into an epileptic fit, and I have no clue how I got there.

BUT THAT’S SO MEAN! :sob: (:laughing: )

(we need an evil laugh emoji)

HOW DID IT HAPPEN? Nobody knows.

Though it wasn’t very smart on the ‘hide your identity’ scale, I do kinda want the option to pick Ortega up and go ‘THEY’RE MINE NOW. MWAHAHAHAHA.’

3 Likes

One thing the MC will be taking with them from this fight is that they probably need to be a little bit smarter if they want to monologue… That being said, there are ways to get through the fight and not have anyone get the drop on you. All about choices and stats.

Good point about Lady Argent and telepathy, will make some adjustments to that when I post her segment. It was REALLY late and I just wanted the update done, so powered through that last bit really fast.

7 Likes

@Mim - Gender and suits. Things will come up once people try to figure out who you are. Alas I have no way of deciding if you pick female sounding names or not. The suit is pretty gender neutral though, no boobplate. And yes, Dr. Mortum knows a lot… :smiling_imp:. As for showing too much telepathic prowess… that will depend what kind of villain you will be labeled at.

@Reaper_General - No further upgrades in book one :slight_smile:. Got two more planned…

@RenaB, @theredwoman - Thank you! I love writing fight scenes. And emotional distress apparently…

@Chwoka - God. Thank you so much for those compliments. I know I might be crazy trying to pull this off, but I have to write from the heart. The reason why I never managed to finish the original novel is that there were just so many things going on in the MC’s head, so many ways to go that I couldn’t stick to a single path. And then I found choice of games, and all of a sudden that was not an issue anymore.

I think one of the things that drives me when reading/writing is the sense of mystery. I like not being sure of what is going on, and I love being dumped in the middle of a story and try to play catch-up. As you pointed out though, this also leads to more and more divergence as the story goes on, so… honestly, I have no idea whether I will be able to pull it off. I hope so, but the readers are the one that will have to judge that. All I can say is that there will be some rather interesting twists in book one that hopefully will feel surprising, yet not like they came out of nowhere. Interactive media are so fun because you are the people making the choices here. And you will have to live with every single one of them.

@Mxm124 - Well, you are the closest thing the Rangers ever had to that anyway…

@RyseAbove - She is on my maybe list for later…

15 Likes

OHMYGODORTEGAFIGHT…I’MSCARED.

Okay lets see if my save is still there.

@malinryden

[spoiler] I found this problem, so I choose to say to Ortega that my powers are gone and when facing lady argent in the headquarters I insisted that I still have no powers so how did this happen?

Also I choose not to go on a date with ortega and go alone and this convo happened between.

“I mean it. I don’t understand why Locus would have done this, but I believe that she did.” Herald tries his best to sound convincing, but you don’t think Lady Argent is buying it. [/spoiler]

@malinryden Oh my god, I just noticed I can actually pick Sidestep as my villain name. And Ortega’s reaction…

The MC bombed a museum, fought against superheroes and probably killed a few dozen people in the process, but that has to be the most evil thing they did that night…

That was just cruel. And awesome.

6 Likes

GOOD SPOT! I did not think about that, I will include that variable in the next update. So many variables to keep track off. Thank you!

Jumping down from the car, you clear the short distance to Ortega with a few easy leaps. She’s ready for you, you can see it in her eyes. She thinks he knows what you can do now. Of course he’s wrong. She is also stalling.

Wait, how?

When Herald asks me, the game says NOPE.

1 Like

Yes, our experiences are far different with the choices we made being the factor. Here is the ending I experienced:

[spoiler] This is another trick to keep you talking. You know that. You’ve seen it before.

This is why things will be different for you than for the other would-be villains out there. You know what to do. You can keep your head together and play it cool.

You can be that.

In control. All it takes is another kick to send Ortega over the edge to unconsciousness, his body going limp in that particular way that is so hard to fake. You give his body another poke with your toe, but there’s no response.

Good. If you’re not mistaken, Lady Argent should be here soon. [/spoiler]

Found a grammar mistake:

You pull yourself up a little straighter, letting out the small chuckle that’s been building once you realized the truth. Ortega is terrified. Of you. Of this new creature you has become.

The “has” should be “have”.

What should I do to monologue safely, without getting hit in the head and other parts of the body?

1 Like

Just kick the sonuvabitch :smile:

1 Like

@deusvult Noooo! I want to monologue like a pro villain

1 Like

No what you’re describing is stereotypical villain. Pro villain don’t get caught :wink:

8 Likes