Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

There’s also a part (can’t remember when, around the park meeting with Ortega I think), but the MC mentions, “unwanted intrusion” of some kind (it’s not that exact phrase), but it does imply that whoever captured the MC, most likely did physically experiments on them. The way the MC in the beginning mentions they look “ok, with their clothes on” could also mean they have scars or something like that (if we don’t take low self-esteem into account
)

@malinryden That was an awesome update. ^^
Dr. Mortum is a pretty sweet romance option with the puppet, and my MC is as always hardcore pining for Ortega. I don’t think, however, I’ll try multiple romances in one game. I don’t need double the heartbreak when all goes to hell. ^^

In the end I’m pretty sure that love will be my MC’s downfall one way or the other. (whether it’s platonic or romantic love).

I’m also one of those who plays an anti-villain who keeps the casualities to a minimum…along with crossing my fingers, hoping some kind of redemption ending will be obtainable somehow (I’m looking at you Ortega).

4 Likes

Not gonna lie, I assumed the potential scars were from falling off of the apartments (is it ever mentioned how high up the MC was when they fell?), rather than from any experiments.[/spoiler] All in all, the MC’s self-esteem problems are probably a mix of the possible experiments, the entire getting older and [spoiler]being imprisoned for who knows how many years before escaping.

1 Like

Will locus be a romance and will we have our own side kick once we become a dangerous villain since that would be awesome having a customizable side kick to protect our weaknesses aka being fast and strong if the player picked telekenises boost and armour and being able to build a true relationship without the doll or twist and manipulation into a loyal pawn :smiling_imp: in case we need a scapegoat aka dressing them up in our badass armour to fool everyone into thing the mc is dead.

Ooh, theory time? I have one similar to all these.

[spoiler]So I’m also on the ‘experiments’ train. But I also have my own theory about the Farm and everything kinda like @SeventhJackel s ideas.

So I think that the MC did die, or at least come really, really close to death (flatlined, perhaps, but revived) during the whole incident. I think that who, or what, ever it was that saved the MC is the reason for them being a villain. I also have a weird side-theory that I don’t really think is true but is more of an ‘eh… probably not but maybe?’ kind of theory that whatever it was that killed the MC was also a part of whatever/whoever experimented on the MC in the first place. This kinda theory is mainly because of the ‘pressure’ the MC keeps focusing in on during the flashback scenes, and how that pressure went away when they fell. They weren’t dead yet, as if they were dead they would’ve lost the capability to have coherent thoughts or register senses, yet it still disappeared… but was affecting others (the police running away, etc.) Like I said, this is more of a side theory I don’t really think is true since there’s not enough besides minor, fun speculation to back it up.

My main theory, however, is about the reason for the MC’s theorized capture and experimentation. (A theory-sandwich, getting into conspiracy la-la land…)

I think that the MC may have either been born with their powers, or they were enhanced/changed by the government in a human experiment program. (Wow, this really does sound like a fully fledged conspiracy theory at this point)

It’s implied that the MC is definitely not a boost, via the dialogue with Ortega:

The sentence “believes you are a Boost” indicates that we are, in fact, not a Boost.

This is where I think the MC may be a rare case of being born with or having developed their powers later on. If not a boost (and definitely not a Mod since there’s no mention of them having on any kind of equipment or modifications in order to control someone), then perhaps a natural?

Thing is, these aren’t (I think) ever mentioned in the game. It’s all boosts or mods or fully synthetic humans, which would make the MC liable to be an odd case, one that might pique the interest of whoever experimented on them.

Then there’s these two at the very beginning of the game:

Through these we know that the government and military are already heavily involved in with the superhero world. Be it both in the case of Mods as well as Boosts.

Plus there’s that very ominous sentence at the end, “Progress that admittedly was built on human suffering”. So we already know that the government of this world is willing to hurt people in order to get their own way. (This is what also brings me back to the: “maybe the incident is related to the experimentation of the MC?” theory. Perhaps they were testing out someone/thing that they’d experimented on beforehand? I mean a murder weaponized person with the sole goal of making people kill themselves? That’s, if you’ll excuse the awkwardly placed pun, a super-weapon.)

What also leads me to the “maybe the MC was born with their powers” theory is the fact that it’s mentioned once or twice that they didn’t have (or can’t remember having) a happy childhood, or really any childhood at all.

When they go into Argents memories there was this:

So through this it’s made obvious that the MC didn’t have a normal, loving childhood. But I also wonder if there’s any kind of childhood that they had? Be it that they don’t remember, or, perhaps, that they weren’t born into a normal household? (This is kind of riffing off of @SeventhJackel’s idea… but I wonder if it’s not that the MC is a puppet but rather that they were born for a specific reason)

Put bluntly: I wonder if the MC was born as a test to see if you could naturally procreate and have a baby with superpowers.

Also, not really sure if this was done on purpose but…

The omelet reference comes up again. Not sure if this is back-up or just funny coincidence, but it made me laugh a bit all the same. (Although… is laughter the appropriate reaction? I just thought the coincidence was funny… But maybe it’s on purpose… if we really want to dive down the rabbit hole, that is.)

However, that being said, that li’l paragraph does admit that it was a specific group of people that ruined the MC’s life. Also, if you chose a different option at that point you get:

Here, the MC directly references “people that run the world”, which implies that it was someone of greater (perhaps political) power that ruined their life.

I also surmise that, from the fear of this “Farm” place, that that’s where the MC was taken to be experimented on. And as such is a government facility of sorts.

So… yeah… that’s my discoordinated, miles-down-the-rabbit-hole, perhaps way too invested in theory about the MCs true nature of revenge and what happened.

Tl:dr
MC is perhaps a natural when it comes to powers (and maybe because of interference from the government). They were tested on because of this and it was run by some higher, perhaps politically based, power.
The whole incident that resulted in their “death” might have either been a malfunctioning human-weapon (maybe from the same vein of experimentation that the MC suffered through, maybe someone even trying to do what the MC is doing now), or a test of a human weapon created by the government.
And… yeah…
I think that’s it? :thinking:

I got lost in my own thoughts there, haha.[/spoiler]

So… yeah.

I may be a bit too invested in this story…
But, y’know, I love it.
I love coming up with theories, no matter how crazy they are, and this story is A++ material for rabbit-hole ideas. It’s amazing.

19 Likes

Regarding the MC’s past and powers: [spoiler]I agree with the theory that the MC was either born with powers, or the results of creating children with powers. The MC says “They wanted to create a weapon…so they’ll get one”, or something along those lines when you think about your reasons for attacking the museum. (Iirc it’s the one where you don’t know what you want but it feels inevitable). So either someone created the MC or they were abducted as a baby or young child, either for experimments, or to enhance and weaponize a “gifted” child.

If their powers are natural it would also explain why nobody really seem to even speculate that the MC’s powers might have gotten stronger. From the way I understood the world. The Boost is exactly that…a Boost. A set of powers, you might need to train to master, but not something that outright increases in power-level over time, without implants, further enhancements etc. The MC’s powers however, have gotten significantly stronger. They describe it as a muscle at some point. Increasing in power the more you use them. But since people think the MC’s a boost they don’t even question us when we state our power level wasn’t very strong back then, as if they have remained the same level.[/spoiler]

7 Likes

I can already tell this is gonna be a long-ass comment so buckle up if anyone bothers reading this.

So, I first played this a few months ago, and was so excited when it was recently updated. I was initially intrigued at playing the villain for a change, instead of the hero. I love playing a superhero and I don’t think I’ll ever stop loving helping people and doing the good in games that I wish I could do in my own life, but it can get boring sometimes, I suppose. I played that one CoG where you play an classic, theatrical evil mastermind, but I wasn’t convinced by the motivations to cause ultimate destruction for selfish gain while it hurt other people, and I lost so much by the end that I ultimately ended the game dissatisfied and alone. But this game, while similar, gives the characters, main characters at least, dynamic and layers that the other game didn’t. That’s ultimately what makes the game compelling and entertaining for me: the people. Specifically, it’s my character’s relationship with Ortega and my desire to not lose him again that keeps me going further with the story.

The complexity of my character, and how paradoxical she can be, is also very interesting. Being an inherently good person, I think, as a hero, my prime motivation and drive was trying to help and save as many people as possible. Now, as a villain, my main motivation, although my heart really isn’t in it, is wiping away my past and who I used to be, Sidestep. That was what I chose to focus on in regards to raiding the museum because, ultimately, it brought the least amount of harm to the innocent party-goers at the gala. And, I think, destroying the exhibit in honour of the hero I used to be is what would ultimately bring myself under the most suspicion, maybe. Because, subconsciously, I might even want to get caught, to put a stop to the path I’ve gone down and can’t seem to turn back from. If I can’t quit, maybe I need a hero to take me out of the equation… somehow.

And don’t even get me started on Ortega and me. What makes me the most regretful of the path I’ve gone and keep going down is how much he still trusts and believes in me, after all this time. He still thinks I’m on his side, the good side, and as much as I wish I could be, I’m not. And that kills me, that he thinks I’m still who I was ten years ago. And what makes me feel shittier is I don’t want to lose him again, so I stay close to him and try as much as I can to be his friend even though I’m technically his enemy, little does he know. If that isn’t selfish enough, after running into him at the gym where my puppet, Magnus, boxes, I think he’s fallen for whoever he thinks my puppet is and I can’t do much of anything to dispel those feelings, though I’ve tried. And even though his attraction, crush, love or whatever you want to call it, isn’t unreciprocated at all, I just don’t want to be with him like that, letting him love a lie. As much I want to be with him, I want to be with him as who I really am, as Aliya, in my own body, no secrets. And it doesn’t escape me how entirely impossible that is. Besides the fact that I am actively working against him and his team, devoting these past few years to selfish, evil goals, which would squash any feelings Ortega might have for me, I’m not sure if he’s actually even attracted to women, let alone harboring affection for me beyond the platonic bond we’ve always had.

But while I staked out the museum before I made all hell break loose, I overheard Harold and Lady Argent talking and they mentioned that Ortega’s judgement has been clouded during the current investigation because he’s in love, which makes me hate myself even more because that’s because of me, either way, because whether he’s in love with me, Aliya, or my puppet, Magnus, there’s no way Ortega’s heart does not get broken. It will probably only take one of these scenarios for the entire scheme I’ve planned out for years to unravel:
A) He finds out Magnus is actually me. Or, at least, a telepath was possessing him. And he’s smart enough to assume that the telepath that possessed Magnus was the same to take over Lady Argent’s body and raid the museum. Either way, if he’s in love with my puppet, his heart gets broken.
B) He finds out the telepath who raided the museum was me. If he’s in love with me, his heart is broken. If he’s not in love with me, he’ll still feel betrayed, which is no better.
C) If he’s in love with both of us – which is just as likely, because Magnus is technically me, as much as I try to separate us – well, I don’t know what could happen, but I don’t see a way this ends without him getting hurt. And that’s what makes me want to turn away from all of it.

It doesn’t escape me that my MC is resentful of Ortega, for always seeing me as someone less powerful, less strong, someone always needing protecting/saving. And maybe that’s why it seems so easy sometimes, to let him believe I’m still that little lamb, to manipulate him. Even though, inside, I hate lying to him and I’ve ultimately tried to be as truthful as possible without telling him everything. I’ve accepted his help and listened to his advice thus far because I want to be with him as much as possible while he still has this idealized image of me in his head, until the inevitable moment when he realizes who I am and what I’m doing and that image of who he respects and is so proud of shatters like a funhouse mirror, when it all comes crashing down.

And I know how selfish that really is, to want to live in the glow of how my best friend, my only friend, sees me until I ruin it all for him and for myself. But is that merciful, to not let him believe this lie anymore? And though my MC is entirely in love with him, is it better to erase who he maybe loved too in order to be entirely honest with him about who I really am? What’s worse, breaking his heart or letting him love a lie? Doesn’t matter if he loves me or my puppet, or perhaps both, we’re both lies that I’ve let him believe. And believe in, for that matter.

It fucks me up how little sense this makes. I’m technically a “villain,” but I try to make sure no life is lost because of my schemes, and I’m fucked up over lying to someone who I’m supposed to be working against, someone whose failure I’m supposed to enjoy. But I almost want him to find me out, to defeat me, because that would mean this whole facade and dark path would end. The only thing pushing me deeper into the dark is the reminder that I never finish anything I start – most things anyway. And this will probably be my MC’s last chance to do that, to complete something, to accomplish her goals, twisted as they may be.

Wow. I feel like I went down like 7 different tangents but it was nice to write out my little moral dilemma to others who may be thinking the same things.

13 Likes

Oh my, that was an excellent theory to read, quotes and all. I don’t have the exact dialogue/exposition to back this up right now (it is past midnight and I really need to go to bed), and I certainly didn’t flesh mine out as much as you did, but my theory is mainly along the same lines.

[spoiler]I’m pretty certain that, given certain dialogue/exposition, the Government is heavily involved in the MC’s situation, as it’s said that the military have been using Enhanced people as far back as Vietnam. I’m fairly certain that the Division was heavily involved in the Heartbreak incident, although that’s more due to the whole conveniency of the situation (walking into a building with three other people for backup, two of whom have unreadable thoughts, and the other dies on the way up? No way that’s a coincidence), and they either run or are ran by the Farm. Most of my reasoning, by the way, as to why I believe it’s the government is heavily involved in the MC’s situation - the MC goes very much out of the way to stay under the radar, and even mentions at one stage how complicated their rent arrangement is just so their name isn’t on any documents.

I definitely agree that the MC was born this way - even on my first playthrough, the phrase “Ortega believes” was sending up alarm bells left and right. I’m not certain yet, in my crackpot theory, if they were taken into this lab setting early on or if they were born into that situation - given the military involvement in the development of Enhanced people, I lean towards the MC being created for the purpose of being a covert operative, and whoever was forcing people to commit suicide during the Heartbreak incident was part of that same experiment. The Heartbreak situation, to be honest, is entirely too coincidental for me to believe it was an accident - although I’m still a bit stuck on Ortega’s level of involvement. After all, he was Marshal at the time, appointed by the President themself - it’s also mentioned his father was military and that Ortega himself was Boosted after some kind of “accident” - and on top of that, he’s epileptic, which causes him to be unreadable to the MC in a way that doesn’t create discomfort, unlike Steel. Plus his reaction to seeing the MC alive again - it seems incredibly… not as reactive as I would have expected him to be, given this is the first time he’s seen someone thought to be dead for nigh on a decade.

The entire situation the MC was in as Sidestep, in honesty, makes me think they still don’t know half of what was going on at the time, and their entire blindspot (both emotionally and telepathically) when it comes to Ortega is a big part of that for me.[/spoiler]

6 Likes

Heh… my poor MC has practically broken her psyche in two trying to be two separate people: the vengeful rage-filled villainess risen from the ashes of Sidestep, seeking bloody revenge against the world who broke her and not caring who gets hurt in the process; and the cocky, witty, athletic un-Enhanced woman who increasingly serves as a means of escape from her rage and hatred, and as the receptacle for all the remnants of what was good in Sidestep.

4 Likes

Interesting… Personally, I’ve never seen the point in revenge, only justice. And who am I to decide what that justice is? And besides, I was never totally clear on what happened to the MC that was so traumatic as to lead them down this path. And even if I knew, I’d never let it compromise my morals.

Ha, a villain with morals. That’s a funny thing, isn’t it?

Perhaps I’m just not a very good villain, having morals, standards, and limits at all, I suppose. But my MC would never kill anyone or even try, let alone hurt anyone too badly. Hurt someone, sure, but only to a point where they’ll still be okay. Everyone’s got a line you can’t cross, y’know? Who am I to decide who deserves to live or die? That’s just playing god, or whoever’s in charge. Even in video games, I’m still “too nice,” as I’ve been told.

My problem is juggling who Ortega and everyone else thinks I am, and who my puppet is. I understand that they’re both me, internally, but externally, two separate parts played by one actress. I see it as other people (mostly Ortega) assuming who I am by memory or what I look like, and I just letting them believe it. Obviously, not without trepidation.

It’s funny, a few times in the game, the line “people don’t change,” or something along those lines, pops up and my initial reaction is in disagreement. Because, well, no one is who they were ten years ago. But, ironically, I still can’t help trying to be as good as I can, even now, after all these years, under these particular circumstances.

4 Likes

Why must everyone weite theories, moral questions and all the good shit while I’m at school? I would add to this awesome train somehow, but I’m too afraid of teachers catching with and confiscating my phone.

1 Like

Theory time:

[spoiler]
Well assuming that the MC is a homegrown biological weapon – likely having being birthed with natural powers as opposed to taking the hero drug, as many have pointed out – and again likely was raised in a government/military owned facility, I wonder if the Rangers, especially Ortega knew or found out eventually. I mean they would (ideally) have some access to high security files. I don’t know if the military or whoever was in charge would leave it open after MC’s death for someone like Ortega (an ally anyway) to read.

I mean it’s added fuel to the fire if they knew that there are kids being borne and raised in lab-controlled environments and why there’s an extra effort – beyond friendship and for old time’s sake – on Ortega’s half to make things right with the MC. Or at least get checked into therapy :))

Though while the text points out that Ortega assumes MC’s a boost, I wonder if that’s really MC assuming they think Ortega thinks they’re one. I’d like to think that in the past 10 years that the MC was considered dead, Ortega pretty much tortured themselves with the guilt by looking into MC’s file.[/spoiler]

(it’s late and I’m delirious with fever so ignore if someone’s already mentioned this or if it’s been jossed)

6 Likes

Okay, okay, as everyone is adding theories, why the heck not? Let’s go wild. XD My own guess is that something happened during the ‘Heartbreak incident’ that changed the MC significantly. I have a strange feeling that something happened during it which confused the MC’s conscience. I have a hairbrained theory that the main puppet is actually partially residing inside Sidestep. That the puppet is the cause for the incident and somehow either got wiped or put into a vegetative state either on their own or by Sidestep. Now Sidestep is an amalgamation of two minds, confused with each other, pulling at each other, subconsciously leading in two different directions. Perhaps the puppet is not residing in Sidestep, and someone else is- there are allusions to having been ‘trained’ and ‘created’ a certain way, yet at the same time Sidestep seems constantly confused about the type of person they were ten years ago, and it’s not clear if the ‘training’ happened before or after that point. It’s inferred that Sidestep is intimately familiar with the workings of the government run squad with the tattoos and bluish skin (can’t remember what it’s called right now) - but doesn’t, obviously, have bluish skin. On the flip side, it’s not necessarily too much of a stretch that some part of the MC’s conscience exists within that context: being a weapon. Being a ‘self forged’ weapon. It’s true that it seems the MC is neither Boost nor Mod- but nothing else is mentioned as existing. It seems from its name that the ‘Heartbreak Incident’ was caused by an incredibly powerful, incredibly depressed and disturbed telepath. Escaped experiment? ‘Real’ Sidestep as seen in the game, with leftovers from the real real Sidestep buzzing around, who is now a puppet? Could the puppet identity be the real Sidestep, trying to re-find itself having lost memories of once having been that person? Details aside, I think that Sidestep is a fractured multi-psyche. A more or less literal identity crisis of (my guess being two) people in the same head.

7 Likes

Aww… that’s a noble sentiment. Your version of the MC is a much better person than mine, I’d wager.

3 Likes

I read about all those MCs that try really hard to act like a completely different person while being their doll, while mine just really sucks at acting.

No seriously Dylan does act different as she does sure, but by now I interpreted that for my MC mostly as caused by the difference it makes for her to be in Dylan’s skin. Her doll is her haven. When she is Dylan she still is mostly herself, but without the baggage.
What of course makes Ortega saying things like “I don’t care much more about appearance” and stuff or even falling for Dylan a bunch more hurtful.

[Spoiler] Somebody else said that Ortega appears like a fair-weather friend and I have to agree. I don’t know if that’s only mentioned when MC can’t very well distinguish between their doll and themself, but MC as their doll falls very fast back into the same behaviour/dynamic they anyway had with Ortega and that Ortega then develops feelings for the doll makes it seem likely that they would have/did develop similar feelings for MC (especially with the other comment about appearance in mind). But Dylan is not as difficult as MC and that’s probably the main difference at least for how I interpret my MC to act while being Dylan.

…I’m not even sure if MC should be jealous? In my playthrough her relationship with Ortega is pretty high no matter what body she is in? So for now she isn’t jealous, but enjoys the good time I guess? But should Ortega choose her doll above her…well, that could be funny? And probably lead to the only scenario in which my MC would ditch her doll…with a great show…(she is hurt and she is petty and she has the villain equipment, when Ortega ends up hurting her that much of course she will strike back? Alone to get a reaction that prioritises her above her doll, even when it would be a negative reaction). Wonder if that will be possible… [/Spoiler]

4 Likes

I had full plans to follow the bandwagon of long posts about morals, their MC’s internal struggles, and maddening theories as to the origin of our beloved telepath MC.

But I like to keep things simple. Hence, here is my piece to add to this discussion.

… Do we ever get a chance to add weapons to the suit?

Admittedly, this sounds like a dumb idea. We already have super-strength, impressive durability, and most importantly, an army of controlled, unstoppable nanovores on our arsenal, why would we need, let’s say, a gatling gun, a hammer, or shivers in delight a pile bunker? This would be nothing more than a waste of resources, right?

I honestly got nothing on me. I just really want to put a pile bunker into this sunuvvabitch. What can I say? It’s my fourth favorite weapon.

The suit has more than enough strength to hold its ground, and any armor it faces will be devoured by the nanovores, not to mention, anything that proves an actual threat to the suit can be dealt with with a bit of telepathy.

Unless we face something like (God-forbid) an epileptic Anathema, there is no need to add weapons to the suit.

… Though you have to admit, it’s damn cool to think about. Seriously, just think of the suit with a pair of gatling guns slung under the arms, or maybe a pair of pile bunkers. Impractical? Yes. Useless? Perhaps. Awesome? How can it no be.

3 Likes

My doll is similar to yours, I suppose. Same but without the baggage :))

It’s not that she’s bad at acting per se but rather that there’s a part of her that wants to be honest with herself (the doll is the perfect gateway for her to do that). I mean, she can’t be honest with any of the people she’s working with for obvious reasons.

And the added irony involved because the doll itself is a lie. I mean, the doll will never “be” her – I mean, in so far as the body + experience is concerned – but that’s the only way she feels she can be. Like the only way she can be “her” is through another person :))

It’s a very complicated relationship tbh.

Mostly because she can’t seem to stop herself from going down the villain path and she hates that she can’t stop herself.

(Idk if I’m making sense – again – since I’m running a 38C fever but yes a bit of info of my MC haha)

If we’re talking about weapons though I’m already happy with what we have. Even if there’s no kill like overkill, I’m not a fan of chunky suits/bulky armours/etc. As for my MCs…probs would be adverse to it too. It took a long time mulling over a cape, and even then they weren’t completely sold (they said yes just to pacify the doctor). I’m guessing they wouldn’t be very happy with the surplus of material and other related expenditures.

(And that they generally have a no killing rule, having a nuke/gun that can cause widespread damage isn’t going to sit well with them – which is why the nanovores are perfect)

3 Likes

Originally I had other weapon options for the suit, long distance ones. If I remember correctly I think it was a minigun and a flamethrower. The reason why I scrapped those (and other choices) was because the fights became so very different. As it is, everything is mainly close combat or telepathy, to add a ranged option there as well would multiply my workload with a lot because not only are they different weapons, they also require entirely different scene settings in order to be used correctly.

So yeah, as for the moment, I choose to stick with close combat. Feels a bit more superheroey as well.

However… there will be some interesting toys in the future.

11 Likes

Having read the various theories, I think there are a lot of interesting thoughts here. I appreciate the people who take the time to find quotes to back up their interpretations so I don’t have to. :stuck_out_tongue: So based on that, here is my current theory:

[spoiler]I think the government is growing genetically enhanced people in labs. I believe these people (re-genes) are fully sentient, but are brainwashed and/or controlled somehow. These people usually have distinctive skin colors and markings as part of the “they’re not really people” narrative the government is pushing to avoid ethical objections. The MC is a re-gene (possibly a prototype), but lack the markings in order to be able to blend in and operate secretly among ordinary people.

I’m not sure how the MC escaped. Perhaps if they were a prototype, the control failed somehow. However I believe the reason the MC was so concerned about concealing the true nature of their power was so as to not be recognized and recaptured by the government. (Also why they absolutely refused to register.)

So, the Heartbreak Incident: Some force was influencing people’s minds, causing extreme reactions. Does this remind you of someone? I believe what the MC found in that building was their successor. The government did not accept failure and kept experimenting to try to fix what went wrong last time. This put Sidestep face to face with their past, a very traumatic experience. After they recovered from their physical injuries and initial shock, they were left with a realization: They could not let anyone else go through what they were put through. They had to stop this at any cost.[/spoiler]

3 Likes

God I love reading about all your theories! :heart:

I also have a question!

Does anyone here knows what happens with people’s saves if there is an update? For example, if I add more, will people be able to use their save? What if I make a change to the startup file? Earlier chapters?

The reason why I am asking, is because if the saves are still valid, I will consider doing shorter updates, but if saves gets wiped/unable to be used, it feels only fair to do longer ones to make up for the fact that there’s a whole lot of text to play through…

4 Likes

They’ll go back to the part where they saved, though I’m not sure what happens if they saved at a part that was updated. As long as their save wasn’t at that point, they should be completely valid

Now that I think about it, there might be issues if the startup file was edited, since their saved game wouldn’t play through that and any new commands wouldn’t work

1 Like