Fallen Hero: Retribution release thread! (Book Two) (Spoilers Inside!)

I got that ending in one of my routes by telling Mortum the truth and confessing to have fallen in love with them, I also killed and did not have all that high of a relationship with the rangers even if I was still friendly with them, with the exception of Ortega after they found out.

2 Likes

Actually it’s even easier to get it xD There is a moment when you can think about how bad you were to one of the ROs. Your choice determines who helps you. If you think about Mortum/yourself/probably any ranger you don’t have necessary relationship with (romance is not required for Steel or Ortega), the game prioritizes Mortum’s ending. If you have more than 60 friendship with them, you’ll be kidnapped. As for me, I didn’t want to feel sorry for possessing Argent during one of my runs (it was for a good cause!), so Sky-Raider took me away while my lady was preparing to save me in her epilogue.

Ah, the traumatic one. Of all Mortum’s endings I prefer the one where you are puppetstuck but free and they help you to break your body out. Though the one where they save puppetstuck mc is also sweet)
Thank you for clarification about the sharp smile))

8 Likes

Me too :blush: :blush:

4 Likes

Same, I always hide my villain’s telepathy and the Farm is always interested in Mortum, so you bet my step will help the good doctor.

I love releasing him and fighing him with Argent but I’m also partial to dethreading Jake, I’m curious to see how he can be useful in the future. I need to see how it all plays out in the next book to decide on my canon.

Summary

Ooh I love this! It’s such a cool scenario for Ace and Sidestep, ngl Ace scares me and I always try to be as decent as possible with my puppet so finding common ground and not having them use all my secrets against me would be ideal. As for Lord Ember’s theory, I’m kind of on board with it but also Joshua was 1-2 years older than Danny and LE is 8 years older than Danny :eyes:. Which means nothing I know since it could be that either Joshua killed and took the real LE identity or he created a new one for himself. But if it’s LE’ theory turnes out to be true, the angst would be so delicious.

4 Likes

I would like the Farm to… take care of Mortum so the doc wouldn’t cause problems for my MC anymore, but on the other hand, I’m not sure if that’s the best solution if we don’t know what the Farm wants from Mortum, what doctor working on and what their intentions are.

Shit, this character is just a pain in the ass. The only thing I’m sure of is that they will never be my MC’s ally.

Huh, where is the info about LE’s age?

Holy crap you guys, you got Retribution up on the top 15 grossing list a whole… two months after release (that’s at least the sales stats we have sp far)

Thank you <3

72 Likes

Alright! After multiple playthroughs, I think I’ve finally determined whether it’s possible not to cry at the first scene in the dog park. It is not.

Love, love, love this story. Looking forward to absolutely everything that’s yet to come.

9 Likes

Oh, I also have a mandatory choice during the dog park scene. I must pat Spoon with any mc.
You can’t leave Spoon without pats.
It’s a capital crime.

7 Likes

True. That pooch has become my weakness. I’m very tempted to go down Chen’s path (maybe even romance him) because of Spoon. It’s not fair. I want to hate the Marshall for what he did. :sob:

And if anyone dare hurts Spoon (or worse) to get to the Marshal, I’ll personally hunt them down and make sure they regret the day they were born.

@KZV
Not really a dog person myself, but I do adore canines, especially friendly ones. I’m sorry that your experiences with dog people haven’t been positive.

2 Likes

I think I’m the only person who’s played this game who dislikes Spoon.

I’m not a dog fan in general, and there’s so many irritating dog people out there who want to bring their dogs to work, or who laugh it off when their dog jumps/paws at you, or who use that thrice-damned “haha, he’s only dangerous if you’re allergic to kisses!” line when you ask them to please put the dog outside or in another room while you’re doing the work they called you out to do. People in general seem to really like forcing dogs on you, so I really dislike games doing the same thing.

It’s like my only actual complaint about Retribution.

10 Likes

You really feel like retribution is doing this as well? :thinking: But there are always options that say you don’t like dogs, right? And choices were you don’t interact with Spoon. Right? :thinking:

I am a big dog lover, the one that stops in the middle of the thing that she was doing to pet a dog that i meet.
However, I completely understand your frustration and hurt. It is really not nice when people don’t listen to you and force you to interact with creatures you rather avoid.

It’s completely okay to dislike dogs, be it because of fear/annoying owners/etc, but I don’t think the game forces Spoon upon you? Please correct me if I’m wrong, since I always pick the friendly dog lover options, but I do remember the game giving you a) the option to dislike dogs, even though their minds have a calming effect b) you can keep to yourself, instead of patting Spoon/connecting with him.

Steel will be “judgy” because he loves his dog, sure, but I don’t think that’s the game playing moralist/forcing you to join the dog lovers’ club. Otherwise, by the same logic, there wouldn’t be options to stay away from Spoon. But like I said, I don’t know the flavor text for the “wary of dogs” path, so I apologize in advance if what I said was incorrect.
I personally love dogs, but I also agree with the statement that some owners are too much/don’t understand boundaries.

5 Likes

Not particulary on Spoon, but MC/Sidestep is presented as dog lover anyway.

1 Like

Could you give examples?
In my memory there is definitely an option that says something like ‘I don’t like dogs and stay away from them. The only thing i get from them is a calmer mind.’

I always go with the ‘love dogs’ options. So i do not know how sidestep is when you choose the option i described above.

1 Like

I should read again, but I think you only get less enthusiastic text. Maybe I remember wrong, take with a grain of salt

There isn’t any choice that allows Sidestep to dislike dogs. At most, Sidestep can say “I am uneasy around dogs despite their effect on me,”

11 Likes

My bad :+1:
My memory was apparently too foggy.

It is very much earned. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

12 Likes

It is a bit of a pity there’s no option to visit a cat cafe instead. That seems like way more up Sidestep’s alley, although probably not any of the ranger’s.

10 Likes

I think Herald might love cats for some reason (and either all of them love him, or they all love to swat him even though he follows correct cat-iquette, no in between). Lady Argent might enjoy aquariums or even fish tanks. Ortega probably loves all animals, though I can see them having a soft spot for goats and other similar animals.

@fsix Wasn’t she surfing at the beach during the Nanosurge? I suspect her love of sea life predates the Nanosurge by a while.

6 Likes