Hi Everyone, it’s that time of year again, it’s Ectocomp
This is a really nice friendly comp which I highly recommend people enter or wander over once the results are posted to read the entries, leave a few comments and vote for your favourites
Any interactive fiction is acceptable (including choicescript). It’s over on itch.io, so if anyone’s having trouble with the game compiling side of things let me know and I’ll try to help.
One of the great things about Ectocomp is they have two categories:
- La Petite Mort (Max 4 hours of writing time so you don’t need to devote large amounts of spare time to this if you have a cool idea and want to try to speed write a short game. Think of an idea, plan it out and then get writing )
- Le Grand Guignol (Anything you want to spend longer on writing and creating your game.)
The themes for this year are:
- Halloween fest . Base your game on the Halloween festivities, overall the activity of wear costumes and going out with friends doing the “trick or treat”.
- Día de Los Muertos. Pay your tribute to the Mexican festivity. As Wikipedia says: “Day of the dead involves family and friends gathering to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died, and helping support their spiritual journey.” Also, celebrate Mexican folklore and mythology.
- All Saints’ , which commemorates the faithful departed. That is, an occasion to talk about how we miss the people we leave behind.
- All Souls’ Eve , at the same time, the evening of All souls’ is a special moment for some European countries to gather the family around the fire, eat sweet wheat porridge, and tell scary tales.
Alternatively you can always go for
- Spooky adventure! That is, the common and loved usual ECTOCOMP games. Create a game destined to creep the hell out of players, or just go freestyle and just do whatever you want.
Link to the infiction thread if anyone has specific questions for the organiser: https://intfiction.org/t/ectocomp2020-warming-up/47079