Discourse Telling Me I Must Wait 418,000+ Hours Before I Can Like Another Post

Discourse will not allow me to like any further posts. This started happening about 12 hours ago and checking it just now, it continues.

I’ve never seen this error before; logging out and in does not reset the counter either.

17 Likes

I was just about to make this, too… :sweat:

The error message looks like this:

You’ve reached the maximum number of likes today. Please wait 418513.233020213 hours before trying again.

Also, have a fake like for the topic: :heart:

EDIT: Yay! Down to 418287.70256826474 hours for me!

9 Likes

Mine is like this.

You’ve reached the maximum number of likes today. Please wait 418615.5331579112 hours before trying again.

2 Likes

There’s already a bug report in the discourse meta (so it’s nothing we did):

6 Likes

I guess we all should have been more frugal with our Like usage. Who knew there was a finite supply?

19 Likes

We have a daily limit on how many times that action can be taken. Please wait 10.124772303055765 hours before trying again.

Mine is down to 10 hours. I think that’s a improvement.

Edit : It’s back to 41567 hours :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

I didn’t even know there was a daily limit for likes.

Anyway. Has anyone affected tried clearing cookies or advancing their system clock?

2 Likes

I’ll give you a like then? You’re right that’s an odd thing to put a cap on though.

3 Likes

Oh no! You’re contributing to the shortage! At this rate there will be a Like surcharge implemented to reflect its scarcity, and not long after that you’ll have Likes showing up on the black market, most of them counterfeit or defective.

17 Likes

It does it for me too. “You’ve reached the maximum number of likes today. Please wait 418513.36364949174 hours before trying again.”
Ugh, that’s almost 48 years, by that time @Havenstone will actually have finished with XoR. :unamused:

A year? Try 48.

17 Likes

There! Likes for you! Likes for everyone! (I’m so going to pay for this when I have to wait a year due to the shortage, or delve into the black market aren’t I?)

9 Likes

opens jacket psst wanna buy a genuine like…only 3.99 for a limited time. :money_mouth_face: :rofl:

9 Likes

Well, when a stranger comes up and opens their jacket in front of you, better that they be showing you Likes of dubious quality as opposed to the alternative.

@Jacic, don’t you realize the entire human race is constantly just three weeks from Like starvation? Just twenty one short days between us and a landscape of unloved posts. It’s a sobering thought.

11 Likes

I know! I was like ‘Whaaaa?’ :scream:

Only because I like to like posts I like… :cry:

5 Likes

My dear fellow… I’m sorry to ask this, but I need your favor.

Please… like the other posts on this thread.
For me.

*K.O.

9 Likes

Well avenge you with likes noble comrade…:cry: For Liker everywhere! :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Oh, the likes. I can give likes…
I have my likes back!

I’m still alive, brother! :fist:t4:

Ey guys, the likes are working again!

10 Likes

I have my powers again.

Like storm
likes all of the posts here

5 Likes

Oooh, I like that! :crazy_face:

5 Likes