Dating sim- trying to figure out how to go about it

Care to share with us buddy? Because I really interested in this Dating Sim genre. Oh when we play a a a girl, can you add a scene were we can shove away guys that try to woo us with bad flirting? Or any other trope of the ‘romantic siticom’ genre??

is THE classic indeed. I loved that character stats mechanic… I glad @Babisko is already planning in implement something like that!

Do you mean a demo or info on direction/mechanics of the game? Demo might be just a little bit longer. There’s a lot of variables and coding going into it so I’ve been doing a lot of setting that up. So far the most you can actually do with it is create a character. It’s also going to end up with just a character or two to pursue at first. I want to test out the direction before setting it in stone because I have quite a few planned.

I can definitely see about putting things like that in there!

info. actually I was interested in how the story would flow. As day based routine were every ‘turn’ is a six hour period? Or more like a classic CYOA were each scene is bound to other events and scenes as te story unveil. Also I like the idea of status building. like buy self help book or work at the gym to up your status in order to achieve certain events/love interests…

Currently I have it set up that certain options pull you through the day. Starting at Morning, midmorning, noon, etc. So it should be lengthy day, but I want you to be able to focus on content rather than stressing about whether you’ll have enough time (unless you make a plan for something on a certain day but end up missing it). Though- some skills are time based (Such as taking cooking classes certain days of the week), and potentially having to sacrifice classes for events (Not that you’ll have fully lost out- at the moment there’s isn’t a set limit of time).

2 Likes

Okay so I’ve come to one more problem. As it is, it’s a dating Sim, hands down. But I wonder if I should have some legit plot in there, which will give it an actual end. Or, just let you do whatever and end it yourself when you feel you’re done. The first option gives you something to do, though the second means I can just keep adding to it. Thoughts?

1 Like

Maybe have a small main story for each RO? Like whatever RO you go for has some personal issue that you need to help them get over/through? So basically in the middle.