Crème de la Crème Discussion and Romance Guide (Spoilers Within)

@Adrianne_Paulino that’s so lovely to hear and thank you so much for the kind comments - that’s made my day!

I think the main thing about a war idea is that like you say it would involve a LOT of branching that would draw through to the rest of the series so it would be very challenging :sweat_smile: plus the amount of major character death would be tough. I wouldn’t say never but I’m not planning that at the moment!

Hello Hannah, your story is so awesome, it have a whole of romance interests to choose and many many romantic moment that really make my heart fluttering and make your stories really special and unique out of all cog story. Oh and can you write a detail description about hartmann feelings and attitudes toward mc like for example sweet, caring …etc … or like you once describe he want to wrap her in a cotton wool if she do something dangerous or something romantics…etc , please write it in detail , pretty please Hannah :heart:

2 Likes

I’m so pleased you enjoyed, that’s really lovely! It’s really wonderful to hear. In the first post in this thread, if you click on “extras”, there are lots of responses to Tumblr asks about the characters that I wrote - lots of Hartmann in there :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Wait I’m so confused about Gonzalez. Is Gonzalez aromantic? Are we not able to romance him? sorry if someone has already asked this question.

Yes, they are Aro Ace. You can be really good friends with them, and get married to them to satisfy their parents, if that’s something that works for both of you, but you can’t have a sexual or romantic relationship with them, as they are not interested.

2 Likes

I remember one play through, I started romancing Gonzalez and I even attended to Heartlight ball with them as friends. After the ball though, I shifted gears and started romancing Auguste.

Gonzalez isn’t a romance option - you can go on friend dates with them and become very close through the game but it’s not a romantic thing.

@HarrisPS Hello. Sorry at bother you but I would like to know if there are other Interactive Fiction for Crème de la Crème ROs other than those for Delacroix and Blaise, please?

No bother at all! There are ones for Auguste, Asher, Hartmann and Javi which are accessible through my Patreon for £6 subscribers. Note - although £6 gets access to archived Q&As and the detailed setting/lore wiki, there are no early access demos on there at the moment (due to them not existing yet!). Payments are paused for current subscribers at the moment for that reason but if you subscribe now, you’d pay a one off £6 until I restart. So if you want more for the money, I would recommend waiting till that’s up.

Oh and - I am planning to put up a free linear flash fiction about a side character from Royal Affairs before it releases!

4 Likes

Thank you very much for all this information! Knowing that it’s the end of the month, I think I’ll wait until at least April 1st before suscribe.

For Asher and Javi, would you advise me to wait until I’ve played Royal Affairs (I’ve never played the demo) or can I do their IF before?

Oh, and a new flash fiction too! That’s a lot for me to read (not that I mind, quite the opposite!) as I intend to play Noblesse Oblige after my current Crème de la Crème playthrough before starting Royal Affairs.

By the way, speaking of Noblesse Oblige, how long after Crème de la Crème does this happen?

1 Like

I’ve been wondering… Freddie’s given name is Robin if they’re NB, but they still go by “Freddie”. How do you get “Freddie” from “Robin”?

1 Like

I think the Asher and Javi ones are both OK to play before Royal Affairs - they don’t spoil anything about the plot. It depends how fresh you want to go in really, as they do show Asher and Javi a little while before the game, plus some other characters who will appear. I think if it was me, I would probably play them after having “met” Asher, Javi, and the Royal Affairs MC’s family in the main Royal Affairs game.

Noblesse Oblige happens a couple of years after Crème de la Crème, and then Royal Affairs is a couple of years after that. So Royal Affairs is roughly 4 years after Crème de la Crème.

Robin’s their first name and Freddie’s their middle name, which they like going by :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much again for all the details!

My MC is getting ready for the Winter Ball but it’s hard to find a gown on internet that doesn’t look too much like a wedding gown, fits the 1920s and the description: “a long, ivory-colored gown beaded with scarlet”.

It’s for the Fire and Ice theme so I guess it’s still pretty traditional, so I assume this gown would be fine but I know absolutely nothing about 1920s fashion and so if someone would wear this to a ball in those years. XD

1 Like

I’m on Patreon on the 6£. Where can I find the RO
IF’s
I searched Patreon but couldn’t find them

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right, apologies - I had got confused when I posted above. They were originally on a different tier, which I removed last year due to burnout-related difficulties with not being able to keep up reliably; I’ve edited now, so people on the Sneak Preview tier can have access to them too. The link masterpost and password is here.

3 Likes

Thanks so much

1 Like

Sorry, I missed this post earlier! That gown looks lovely :smiley: The game isn’t super accurate to 1920s fashion - I took inspiration from a variety of styles when describing clothing so feel free to imagine as desired. An advantage of writing in a fantasy setting rather than strictly historical!

No problem! :smiley:

I may have noticed a mistake. I chose to defend Mr Blanchard and write a letter to Inspector Burgin using my high Wit. But in Lady Renaldt’s office, Burgin seemed skeptical of me. In code dive my save I saw that my Wit was well above the required level and that my teachersucess was at 3, so normally I would have totally convinced her.

Looking at the script, I saw that if the teachersucess is different from 1 or 2, we have the phrase where Borgin is septic. Wouldn’t it be more logical that if you have a teachersucess of 3, the same thing as for 2 is displayed?

Sorry if this is not very comprehensible…

What’s the dress code like at Gallatin? I mean, obviously there is a uniform… but do they care if girls wear pants and boys wear skirts?

@Maneki Thank you for letting me know! I’ve sent over a corrected version of the file to the CoG staff. As far as I could tell, it’s just flavour text so it shouldn’t affect your actual success in the chapter :slight_smile:

@Kelly_Seastar pretty much what’s on the cover art! I also have a Pinterest of lots of fashion and aesthetic inspiration for Creme too. Students can wear uniform styles that they want regardless of gender.

2 Likes