Crème de la Crème Discussion and Romance Guide (Spoilers Within)

Loads of people love mean characters

I don’t know if this holds true for other people, but I personally wouldn’t have liked Blaise if they had stayed pre-mines levels of terrible throughout the game. The main reasons Blaise became one of my favorites after just one playthrough were because 1) they had some clear-cut character development, 2) they demonstrated that they were capable of being something other than mean, and 3) there was a lot of empathy for what they had to go through (and the aftermath that they’re still going through - and will be going through for years - at the end). Especially if your MC also went through the mines, you can’t help but feel some degree of kinship or camaraderie towards them, I think. There must still be loads of people who would love a character who stays consistently, sincerely mean throughout, but I don’t have the patience to be one of them!

Anyways, congratulations on two months and for making it to 19th place!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

When you get that kind of hate mail, it tells you that you need to do more of what you’re doing.

7 Likes

@Jender thank you so much!! I’m really touched that you enjoyed it despite the age bracket not usually being your thing :smile: Hope you have fun with Blood Money!

@stormhover that makes a lot of sense, I’m excited you enjoyed Blaise, and it’s really fun reading your thoughts!

Fun Sunday fact: did you know that the Karson romance achievement is the second most popular romance achievement on Steam (after Rosario)? To celebrate, here’s some trivia about Karson!

Karson is a VIRGO :virgo: :girl:t6:
and is an ISFJ, the Defender: Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging…
…and I would cast them with Li Yiufei, Francis Lane, or Chella Man:

…and they love working with their hands, especially knitting. They’d enjoy having a yarn shop one day. As they’re more comfortable and energised with animals or books than people, their big multigenerational family household in Fenburg can be a bit overwhelming at times. They got on really well with their uncle, the former Gallatin groundskeeper, and had a lot of personality traits in common; they have a bit of a disconnect with the rest of their family due to being away so much.

21 Likes

Thank you for introducing me to Li Yiufei. Emily is gorgeous.

1 Like

Aw shucks… I really love this game! I’d call it “love at first read” if such thing existed. The experience is amazing and I’ve grown attached with the characters especially Hartmann and Karson…

@HarrisPS Please stay safe from Covid-19, we need you… Is there a sequel?? I can’t imagine Crème de la Crème without a sequel… More power and more success to you.

4 Likes

I’m so glad you enjoyed the game and the characters! :heart_eyes: My non-dayjob writing has taken a dip due to all… this world stuff, and but me and my family aren’t doing so bad overall. I can’t say anything concrete about future projects for now but there are some potential plans in the pipeline :slight_smile:

11 Likes

First i want to thank you for this amazing game. Perfect for the quarantine.
Secondly I would like to know how you can be engaged whit max… isn’t 85 enough? Or I just miss understood a situation or a choice… ( I speak French and I don’t speak English extremely well so I have maybe done a wrong choice)
This choice is near the end no ?

3 Likes

For you to be engaged with Max, you need to raise max_steady above 50 for her to agree to marry you.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, I’m really glad you’ve enjoyed it! @Urban is right, Max is generally not into marriage but they will commit to you in a
non-engagement way if you’ve got a high relationship.

Take care and stay safe!

4 Likes

is it possible to get Freddie engaged with Auguste?
i just love the thought of them as a couple!

1 Like

Yes, but you have to give up your own engagement.

4 Likes

Hello! Could you give us a picture of what Max would look like as a male? Thank you so much! @HarrisPS

1 Like

Omg yesss I’d love to a see a picture of max as wel!

1 Like

Hello everyone!
I have a question about Max.
I understand it might be difficult to explain but I really would like the help.
How do I get max to tutor me in dancing? I made the choices before and am trying to romance him again. However, I can’t seem to get to that scene. Anyone know how I can get him to tutor me?
Thank you for your time.
@HarrisPS

2 Likes

Have Flair as your worst stats.

2 Likes

Thank you for answering the questions @Urban, that’s very kind (and accurate!)

Hey @Karen_Bon_bp and @Katlikestoread222, I could swear I had done a Max trivia post - thank you for asking, I do have some pics in my little casting document of dreams so I’ll put one up in not too long :smiley:

2 Likes

Here are some snippets and casting pics for Max:

Max is an ARIES :aries: :ram:
and is an ESFP, the Entertainer: Extroverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving…
…and I would cast them with Letitia Wright, Jordan Fisher, or Amandla Stenberg

Max grew up with their two mothers and their older sister on a country estate. They found the provincial environment tiresome and initially started acting out from boredom, but their parents see it as a phase the Max has to get out of their system. The Van Meyers’ wealth and good name is why Max is still at Gallatin! Max loves to make a splash and enjoys wearing dark, dramatic clothing for that glamorous look.

18 Likes

Your taste for the male versions of your characters is just…

(All choices for all genders are great, but you’re really just knocking it out of the park with the guys! :heart_eyes:)

4 Likes

I have not yet romanced Max. The pictures of them make me want to.

How does a generally proper, rule-abiding MC romance them?

3 Likes

Perhaps, you can bend the rules somewhat, run interference on Hartman, reciprocate flirtation and make out with him or her at the party.

3 Likes