Continuing Choice sequences through labels

So currently I am running through a choice sequence, where there are different choices depending on which possible RO you are currently with.
Anyway, I figured that instead of making one long choice sequence with a bunch of else if surround it, I will just send you into 4 separate labels. Each label, again, depending on which possible RO you are currently with. That works, but what I’m curious about is there’s a few choices that do not depend on the RO, but I don’t want to make a separate choice tag for them. Would I be able to have each label, connect them to a common label and then simply continue the choices in that one?
So, something like this. ~ ~~
If our 01 equals true, go to label one
*F (RO2) equals true go to label to
Etc., then,
Label one,*go to choices to
Label to, go to Choice’s to
At Cetra, then
Label choice is to
Number Choice text Choice text Choice text
Number Choice text Choice text Choice text

So, something like that. Also, apologies for the coding, I’m doing this through dictation on my iPhone, since if I do it on my computer I’m going to be basically hitting the down arrow with no feedback on where I am, then hitting a scape, and hoping I land on the correct category 
Basically I want to know if I can continue with choices if I go to a new label, without actually writing the start choice command again.
1 Like

You can have the RO specific scenes that exist under specific labels then have a *goto to a common label. However, if the choices have text for an RO then you will have to have if statements within the choices, meaning you will have to use *set implicit_control_flow true

I know what implicit flow control is, but I’m not very familiar with it… Anything that makes go to and labels somewhat redundant or something? Also, if I turn it on, currently I have it turned off, how much would I have to alter my current book to compensate?
Like, I don’t want to turn it on, and then realize that I have to do some major restructuring.

You won’t need to do any major or minor restructuring. A you won’t have to alter your your book.

I would actually recommend having one long choice sequence — it’s easier to write in my opinion — but regarding what you were asking: no, it’s not possible to continue a *choice block in a different label. So something like the code under the summary:

Code
*label bigchoice
*choice
    #General option 1
    #General option 2

*if (ro1 == true)
    *goto ro1choice
*if (ro2 == true)
    *goto ro2choice

*label ro1choice
    #Option for RO 1 only
    #Other option for RO 1 only

*label ro2choice
    #Option for RO 2 only
    #Other option for RO 2 only

…would not work.

One long choice sequence, on the other hand:

Code
*label bigchoice
    #General option 1
        Text stuff
    #General option 2
        Text stuff
    *if (ro1 == true) #Option for RO 1 only
        Text stuff
    *if (ro1 == true) #Other option for RO 1 only
        Text stuff
    *if (ro2 == true) #Option for RO 2 only
        Text stuff
    *if (ro2 == true) #Other option for RO 2 only
        Text stuff

…would work just fine and is probably easier to read.

You won’t need to change anything. Implicit control code doesn’t break any code; it just adds options for you to play with! (So you don’t have to *goto after every choice, etc.)

1 Like

I had a look at on the WIKI, and everything seems to be in order. However, I can still, if I wish, put *goto’s, correct? It will not affect that?
Some of the choices go to other spisific labels that no other choices would send you to due to the people in question.

1 Like

It’s also possible to nest multiple options under the same *if statement. This can help prevent bugs and keep your code more legible.

*label bigchoice
    #General option 1
        Text stuff
    #General option 2
        Text stuff
    *if (ro1) 
        #Option for RO 1 only
            Text stuff
        #Other option for RO 1 only
            Text stuff
    *if (ro2) 
        #Option for RO 2 only
            Text stuff
        #Other option for RO 2 only
            Text stuff
1 Like

Correct — you can still put *gotos in choices (or fake choices). Implicit control flow just offers the option of not putting them in a *choice.

I didn’t know this, thank you!

1 Like