Coding on mobile ios

is there any way to write a choicescript game on an ios phone? i don’t have access to an android phone or any sort of computer, and i figured this would be the best place to ask.

1 Like

From a quick look at https://choicescriptdev.fandom.com/wiki/Development_Tools it looks like Textastic is your best option.

1 Like

that’s too bad since it’s around $10 :pensive: do you know of any that are free or under $5?

You could try the web version of CSIDE:

1 Like

I never moved past Chapter 1, but Retired game was written entirely on my phone.

I used a combination of the app PlainText (now no longer available on the app store, sadly) and Goodreader, which can store the entire dfabulich folder and launch the game in its browser.

1 Like

Back when I still had a commute, I did some CS stuff with Kodex. It’s completely free and has a lot of nice features, including indent/dedent buttons, a file scroller, visible whitespace characters, and multiple cursors. No syntax highlighting for CS, but you can opt to use one of the other built-in highlighters, which is marginally useful.

Kodex with AppleScript highlighting

Not perfect by any means, but it was the best app I could find for the job.

1 Like

that one works perfectly for me!!! thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I’m working partially on iOS as well. Textastic works well for the writing and coding, but I haven’t yet found a way to test the game on iOS. Unfortunately the goodreader app recommended here does not work with the iOS screen reader. Is there another app which can be used for testing?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the @moderators.