Clever uses of *rand

Thanks for your response! Yes rand is like an AI and creates a new experience each time. And yes, I’ve even had issues with it on my simple application. Next is enemy encounters that I hope to link also to geography. I.E mountain lions are in the mountains. Its all doable but will be excruciating as you know. Good luck to you!

1 Like

A very attractive cat! I feel that I should know the breed. Oh lord I looked it up. I’m going with Ocicat or Mau or some variation. I’m terrible with cat breeds. The cat ladies at work would scold me all the time. A breeding game? How interesting. I am always blown away by other’s ideas. Today I incorporated *rand into battle mechanics. Oh god save my soul. I found straight stat checks to limit some players or just make it too easy for others. The encounters are random also (again I must like the pain), so the beast description scene needs to be static. pretty much like classic RPG encounters. Finding that right balance between random playability and opening yourself up to strange game statistics grinding is…challenging. It weighs on my mind.

2 Likes

The cat is a bengal. :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re all such suckers for punishment in our code. “Oooh, wouldn’t it be cool if I…”

I’m currently adding two more breeds to my cat story, making the number of possible starter-cat combos jump from 11 to 25.

2 Likes

Yes… embrace the randomness… let the procgen flow over you and through you…

2 Likes

Nice! And yes you just flogged yourself with code and writing :rofl:. I spent half a day the other day putting things in and taking things out of bottles. I wanted to shoot myself. But the end result is neat and makes intuitive sense. Spent 3 solid days on my first monster ( windogo) turned out awesome. Now I can import some of that code to the Pine-Lemon Yeti; although, I’m always doing something new with battle mechanics. Every little detail makes the play that more enriching. Its hard to stop

1 Like