Choice of Rebels: Uprising — Lead the revolt against a bloodthirsty empire!

I just replayed as an aristocrat and I am amazed at how much everything changes. I had a question though, do you think Breden actually loves the MC if they are an aristocrat? The tone of the whole relationship is much more reserved and less open and there are several instances where we have to explain/justify our feelings, but never can ask them about theirs. I am curious why Breden didn’t just pursue another helot considering their dislike of aristocrats.

I really loved that the differences in the relationship are explored, such as the embarrassment at your father finding you. I also loved the more tragic angle of a noble who wants to prove their father wrong, bring their family name back, and needs an heir.

I don’t think it’s that Breden doesn’t really love noble mc, but more that she’s just slightly more careful with them, especially in the beginning. She’s used to seeing nobles taking advantage over helots so for noble mc to have true feelings for Breden would most likely be a shock and something she approaches bit warily if noble mc is the first one to confess their feelings (and why noble mc must first explain their feelings for Breden as they haven’t known each for long and Breden probably didn’t know how much she could trust noble mc)

The fact that Breden can give Kryptast code even for noble mc (honestly I see that slightly more dangerous considering nobles fear of Kryptast) if romanced just proves how much she’s come to care for noble mc.

Hm I feel some other people could put it more eloquently :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Is she ever. More backstory on this will come in Game 2, for those who’ve kept Breden alive.

10 Likes

Seems like the right choice of keeping Breden alive :slight_smile:

Everything else about Breden has been deliberately ambiguous so I am sure whether leaving Breden alive is seen as a good idea or a bad idea will also be ambiguous. It is hard to put a corpse on trial anyway though maybe the Unquiet Dead could manage.

1 Like

@Havenstone Havie Do send her merry way first day after runaway from prison count as keep Breden alive!? As I didn’t want keep her alive I wanted maintain her quite headless.

I represent qquite minuscule players like seriously minor, so I understand if you skip all my feedback because is not practical. But I think when I see again Madame coward I should define what info I have given my people . Like I didn’t stop harrowing Almost nobody know Breden in the group and Mara has all that time using her charisma to destroy Breden reputation and present her as a heretic coward that was clearly a spy a symbol of corruption. Like my Judas basically. My people should be ADAMANTLY hostile against her if not that would be plot hole.

It in my opinion opens a first insight of how religion cult base PC will confront heretics or disension. In Evil Gandhi could portrait a cinical view of how religion not violence could be twisted to confront political destruction of a rival, Breden in this case.

So basically havie my feedback is for the few people who haven’t Breden. Let us choose what have been saying of Breden this type and that effects HEAVY how my people reacts to see her. I have all my units infiltrated in the Sayard so i hope at least one or two lines of them flavor effect Breden time or something.

Nothing too mayor as I know I represent a tiny tiny number of players that have zchosen not be the save the day heroes and stop Harrowing… Someone has to lol also rusty maces easter egg :sunglasses: Seriously I see Mara dressing her inquisitors with maces that seem rusty as a symbol of Humility and remember the roots of the rebellion That and make a mules day and make a law protect them and a caring mules center

2 Likes

I figure Breden will be able to tell us more about what happen in the Kryptast network and perhaps even becomes MC’s double agent in the end…

Remembering the movie “salt” where Evelyn Salt was the double agent who unveil the major mole in the US government , so Breden might as well help us identify the major mole within our rebels … and it could be Joanna :wink:

Or she doesn’t know much about the Kryptasts and is just a disposable informant. How does your MC plan on dealing with the remnants of the Thaumatarchy that surrender?

2 Likes

Full pardon to all who are willing to surrender and join my rank … :slight_smile:

But i actually think Breden might be a high rank noble who work as a kryptast, perhaps trying to appease her father but still on the fence on where her loyalty should lie ? :wink:

Will your post-revolutionary state be democratic? Because your citizens would never support that.

What’s your highest stat and are you a noble or helot?

1 Like

I intend that my post rebellion state will be Theurgy Monarchy , a monarchy system backed by Angel Eklect … well, since i am the Angel Eklect … i will be endorsing Suzane as the future Queen , the Angel Eklect will be the God’s messenger in delivering a divine endorsement on who is the righteous Ruler , and the Monarch rule on behalf of the God’s will :wink:

The citizen need to support my absorb of the previous regime into my rank, since this is the will of the Compassionate Angel… those who embrace the light shall be spare.

I am an Aristocrat with CHA 2 INT 1 , but i think Suzane is the ideal queen of the new Monarchy system , especially she is also a blade master who can lead an Army herself :wink:

The helots won’t like that. Suzanne is a follower, not a leader. She is not particularly skilled in battle tactics, being more of a frontline warrior.

Until they start thinking that maybe Jac Cabel, or a Kalt leading another rebellion would be a better leader(Your rebels, that is, not the previous regime).

As for my MC, Aristocratic Thaumatarchy. A system where he is the new Thaumatarch, and the old order is kept alive, with the Harrowing of helots continuing, and if any of my rebels don’t like it, they can be incinerated or Harrowed.

1 Like

Well… you could say that Suzanne will act as the figure head since she possess charm and charisma as a decorated Queen… on tactic and administrative role, of course i will be the one performing that as Angel Eklect :wink:

I am thinking of a System similar to Warhammer’s Bretonnia faction, Angel Eklect is similar to the Faye Enchantress who actually hold the direct will of the Goddess… the King and Queen serve as the leader of the holly warriors :slight_smile:

Lol I don’t know Suz but Simon the nun has the charisma of a buldozer half of Mara time is basically trying to cover his multiple stupid comments to the nasty helots… Mara don’t like them too but she is enough intelligent to know how to fake lol Not Simon he cant fake in million of years

1 Like

Just wanted to say

-watched Robin Hood (2010)
-watched Outlaw King
-named aristocrat Robin De Bruce
-made him about nationalism
-became pro-helot/littlefolk
-10/10 would do again

4 Likes

As has been noted, pro-helot aristocrats work a lot better than the reverse.

It’s proof that helots exist to be led.

2 Likes

Why would you be a pro-aristo helot? That’s being a pro-slavery slave. I mean as a member of the blood cattle caste the helot mc is literally less than nobody to aristo’s, so why go out of your way to do anything for those people?

My mc would disagree. Besides the real leaders in the Hegemony are the mages the aristo’s have become completely and utterly dependent on them.

5 Likes

If I recall correctly Simon/Suzanne can try and persuade rebels to fight against the Plektoi, but none of them are having it so I’d say it’s free to assume charisma is their weakness

1 Like

Because I want to be an aristo, turn around and lord it over my former fellows?

Anyway, my point still stands: if helots can be convinced to support an aristocrat’s rebellion just by tossing around a few drachems, they’re sheep.

1 Like

My MC would say the same, only he plans to return them to servitude post-rebellion. He is a aristo.