Choice of Rebels Part 1 WIP thread

This is a very compelling first chapter. I wish you the best of luck in completing this story.

I see what you did there.

4 Likes

Around 45,000 since last update, I believe.

And we’ll see if Xthonosmas falls in December this year. (:

1 Like

Please havenstone. Don’t play with my heartstrings like that.

I think @Havenstone is just a fan/follower of G.R.R.Martin.

7 Likes

Oh god no please let there be no weddings soon.:flushed:

Don’t give Havenstone any ideas!

Currently the most likely marriage option is also the most likely to be a shape shifting Tartur Demon/Kryptast. I don’t envision it going well…

i envision THAT going splendidly. just dont be in the front row unless the wedding place is the thunder-dome.

Or maybe he is G. R. R. Martin just maybe @Havenstone are you G. R. R. Martin

I wouldn’t be surprised if he really is. It would explain a lot.

My wife won’t let me grow my beard that long.

And I did promise a few hundred posts ago that marrying Breden would be an option in Ch 4. >:D

1 Like

Oh, so many tears will be spilled if we get an adorable moment like marrying Breden only for it to become the Red Wedding 2.0

Now you’re just asking for him to become G.R.R. Martin incarnate lol , though I would thoroughly relish those red wedding tears if it did happen lol

And would the killing of some wedding guests be a possibility too?

1 Like

“marrying Breden”

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA WHOA.

Do not fuck with me, Havenstone.

I am sure the Alastors go around enforcing proper pronunciation on the masses. It’s what the Angels would want, after all. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I’m sorry but every time I read this I rofl lol.

@Havenstone Something I’ve been thinking about here: The Red Cross and other medical organizations today can extract usable blood from people without really hurting them long-term.

Can you make it so we can do something like that in Rebels eventually? Much lower yield and quality blood than a Harrowing produces, of course, but I would like the ‘humanitarian’ option.

Yes – something resembling that trade-off has always been a part of the vision for the game. (:

The details won’t really become clear until Game 2, and I reckon it’ll be Game 3 before you’re managing any sort of blood economy at scale.

Hopefully at least some of you will have the patience to stick with me that long! (I can only imagine how the GRR Martin references will be flowing in another 5 years’ time…)