In any case, sticking my mc with that “default template”, even if it did turn out to be “handsome”, even by demigod standards did saddle my teenage mc with a whole host of body image issues he didn’t have before.
Though it’s obvious to me that we’ll never be able to compete directly with Aeson, Adonis or even Saint in the looks department.
Whatever the case my mc simply really doesn’t like his “new” demigod body, even if it should turn out that only he thinks it’s “ugly” or inferior to Saint and Aeson (though it likely is, at least in comparison to Aeson)…
See - this is where I think we disagree. I know my MC looks better than any female NPC introduced yet and is at Helen’s level with regards to the goddesses, I guess that might just be our perceptional differences.
Did I miss something or did just everybody else forget that Aeson too is “a bastard and a reminder of his father’s dalliance”. He and Persephone also needed some time to get accustomed to each other, after Aeson’s biological mother died when he was six or so… They had to grew into that relationship they have now. I guess Persephone could get used to MC too (though considering that Priscilla assumingly was not Olympus most favorite person that may could influence MC’s standing too.)…but yeah I remember the crowd of Persephone fans that hoped to get adopted by her in case that they would get Hades as father…Aeson was successful, so maybe MC will be too, especially when MC had a fall out with Athena who is the closest to a mother they had.
Anyway I think any perceived favorism comes not from MC being the outcome of adultery…though when talking to Aeson the parallels in the way MC and he were brought up are also highlighted. So Hades highest crime actually is to put the vow to the other gods to not tell anyone that he is the father before any fatherly feelings he may has. If you think that him lying to MC to have a reason for being part of their life - as short as it was - is worse as the other gods at least being honest, despite never trying to get in contact to you, is a personal choice of priorities.
I do and it is, absentee dad, my character could learn to live with, but Hades not only lied to us but continued to lie, even when the whole muggle act was blown anyway. Plus with Hades specifically there is also the fact that he could apparently be a “real” father to Aeson, without too much trouble. Zeus, for example, is at least consistent in also having been a poor “father” to Saint but not so with “daddy” Hades.
Even if he was just “uncle Henry” my mc would still hold it against him that he never went to look for us himself, placing blind trust in those packs of psychotic little killers, “Auntie” at least has the excuse of imprisonment, his excuse apparently is that he trusted Saint and was too busy with his “real” family.
Yeah, forget it, my mc would actually like “Auntie” to “sponsor” him for the trials and screw tradition. If it helps he’d be fully prepared to accept Athena as his “mother”.
Santiago is sponsored by his mother, so why can’t my mc be sponsored by the one parental figure he doesn’t hate?
I understand your role-playing perspective. In fact, I like Viagra dad more than the others for my Emo Mara. He a at least not PRETEND that he has a great love for us suddenly , We are just an asset for him qnd he is not shy about it. However, I really think if We really are astounding he would gives fame and fortune. At least, because he could be all peacock about the superiority of Her essence. And Athena My character is so hurt right know. Like she lied to her. Also She wanted be in Olympus like the others were not in a vulgar peasant crappy school. If she were loyal to her promise. Mara would be loved like Aeson Glitter shield not Hated.
My character doesn’t have Hades as father, but about him being able to be a father to Aeson in contrast to MC…I think that really is because Aeson is “just” the Bestower. I assume the gods really wanted to avoid the Bearer developing any favorism for one of the gods and be it because of family bonding. That’s also the reason for the planned circling between the gods for growing up Bearer.
However I will be honest a MC of mine with Hades as father will be certainly very distrustful and hurt because of the lies, even if they will understand the reasoning. My main MC on the other hand fears more how much of Hades care was because he actually wanted to secure Aeson’s safety (I know Rohie said that Hades truly cares for and loves MC, but my characer can’t know that for sure, so I think it’s an understandable fear).
But I personally still think that how Athena lied to MC had worse outcomes. It left them clueless and vulnerable when Athena was caught. It lead them to first doubt their own perception and in the end to doubt other people. For my MC Athena’s lies are the main reason for their trust issues. Hades lied to them too but he never had an as huge role as caregiver to them as Athena (like I said, that would change if he would have been their father) but in the end of the day Athena’s lies hurt more.
I see Athena much differently - I dunno but we really connected differently to her.
I understand, on the other hand for my guy completing highschool while on the run is the one thing he has done on his own in his life that he was genuinely proud of and then when he gets to Olympus they have the gall to dismiss it like it was nothing and then, metaphorically spit on it by having him re-attend highschool in a silly uniform with a roommate he doesn’t want, when he just graduated. Which is why, apart from Greek Mythology, he will now put absolutely zero effort into his highschool classes.
To my mc he should just have “manned” up and been there, particularly after the muggle act was up and that is all on Hades, sure “Auntie” lied to us too, and I won’t pretend my mc hasn’t got some issues with her too, but in the end she’s still the closest thing he’s ever had to a “mother” so he’ll try to work it out with her. Though that will likely take years, so for the game’s purpose he simply chooses to trust her for now, in part because if he didn’t he’d truly have no-one he could talk to on Olympus. Well except for talkin’ dirty to Ares I guess.
As far as my mc is concerned Hades has already had plenty of chances to come clean, or look for him and he blew them all, so whatever he wants to do now, my mc will have none of it as it’s far too late to start “making up for lost time” (ugh, a concept I and my mc both hate) now.
I wanna connect with Athena but with a laser saber to her rock cold heart. She destroyed EMO LIFE SO EMO WILL DESTROY HERS
I have an aversion against mothers that tell their children they would lie, or imagine things, even worse when they know that the child is actually telling the truth.
In short, I don’t like parents that lead their children to doubt their own perception. My mother was prone to that. I once broke my toes during sports. She told me I would imagine things and lie to not go to school. It needed a week walking with constant pain until she finally listened to me . Fortunately it wasn’t a complicate break, but still. Not being believed was actually worse than the pain.
So Athena telling the MC they would imagine things while knowing perfectly well that they are not strikes a very personal chord for me.
Do we know he didn’t? All we really know is that he never found you
. And why would he not trust the Seekers? They were all perfectly rational and competent individuals when he last saw them (unless he was the one who brainwashed them, in which case, bad Hades). I mean, yes, obviously he’s been lying to you, and is showing blatant favouritism, but I’m sure he loves you deep down
.
Yeah, well, screw “deep down”, or at least that’s what my mc would think. Let him play “happy family” with Aeson all he wants as long as he leaves him out of it, thank you very much.
Ah, I never actually played any of the Dragon Age games.
And I wouldn’t know about Shepard; I always played as FemShep, and her default appearance is average to the extreme.
It can be just your headcanon if you want, but keep in mind that Athena stole you from Olympus and raised you as her own in secret because she was afraid of what the Gods would do to you.
Aeson was put through no such ordeal; he was allowed to interact with family and friends, and most importantly Hades was allowed to be in his life without being thrown into Tartarus. He was even raised with Persephone, Hades’ actual wife. Because nobody would have been sentenced to Tartarus had that happened. Never mind the fact that their home life was less than stellar since Aeson disliked her. Or at the very least wasn’t crazy about her.
I’m not saying he couldn’t have tried harder, but he wasn’t exactly present in Aeson’s life either, and he was allowed to be there.
Just like the mc, only he knew his actual mother (which, providing she was decent naturally makes accepting anyone as a step-mom that much harder), whereas I’m sure my mc likes Athena more, even with all the shit she has pulled on him, than Priscilla, should we ever meet her.
Of course my mc has his fair share of issues with “Auntie” too, and it’s likely been that way ever since the muggle act was up, but if her imprisonment story checks out that does earn her some big points with him.
But with Aeson at least he didn’t lie and it’s plain to see he’s his favourite, which isn’t (as blatantly) true with Zeus and Saint.
Ah, my mc mostly blames the Gods, Saint and the rest of those psychotic little seekers for that. Of course he also blames his “dad” and to a lesser extend the Olympus medical staff for sticking him with a so-called Demigod body that’s clearly inferior to Aeson’s.
Hmm. The MC’s mother died in childbirth, so Aeson does have a particular advantage over the Bearer in that regard. But she still died early in his life, so it’s not that much of a victory in my eyes.
Thora does adore Athena though; Athena is mummy dearest and if Athena needed her to do something, she would do it without hesitation because to Thora, Athena IS her mother. That may end up biting her in the ass in the future if Athena has been lying to her or deceiving her, in which circumstance not a single person on Olympus including any of the Gods would want to be within 1,000 kilometres of her wrath, but for now she practically idolises Athena.
No arguments there. I’m very glad that Thora has a father that’s apart from the whole drama. I didn’t even know he was when she got Poseidon, but now I’m very glad that that’s the case.
Now, the whole Trinity has a claimed hero that’s quite famous and riddled with drama. And since he’s apart from the drama and is clearly the strongest in terms of emotions and character towards the Bearer, him and Thora can focus on building the relationship. Before long, they’ll be having fun times creating tsunamis together.
At least that’s the version we got told by Athena, but considering what Hades tells us about her it really is likely what happened to Priscilla…
Though in that case I wonder who the person is that talks to Athena in this scene:
A strong voice speaks to her, but you cannot make out the speaker.
“Guard her with your source,” the voice says. “I’m begging you.”
Aunt Alice nods at the voice but keeps her eyes on you. Footsteps echo.
“They never listen to me, little one,” she coos at you. “They never listen.”
It could be the father but in that case Athena really had to be blind to not figure it out for sure…And it would seem weird with her final comment, so I still get the feeling that it could be Priscilla…
She? Is that supposed to by Athena or it is confirmation that the speaker would be a woman?
And men very rarely coo; the members of the Trinity would much likely rather decapitate themselves.
If you are the child of Hades though, he does mention that Priscilla is in the Underworld, but he seems markedly adamant to refuse your request to see her.
What is it he says? “And that is where she should stay?” No-ones suggesting that we bring her back, but a refusal to let us see her, even for a few minutes is disconcerting.
I think it’s Athena saying it, considering that the echoing footsteps indicate that the other person did walk away.
I just wonder if there is more to Priscilla ending up in the underworld as “just” dying in childbirth.
She was pretty famous on Olympus and not someone many people liked as far as we know, so I wonder if the reason lies just in her being the Bearer’s mother or if she did anything that opposed the gods or their position or at least caused them some problems…there seems to be more to her…probably enough for the gods to not wanting her to have any influence on the MC even when she is already dead.
(And I somehow expect some great reveal when it comes to Priscilla and I also suspect that will be connected to the question who put a blocker on MC…)
I’m not presuming to believe that I know anything about her character yet. I don’t really presume to know anybody at all right now; even people Thora is fond of she still has a resounding suspicion for.
It’s definitely possible that something happened, but I’m just reserving particular judgement for now.
Well, I’m not really judging, only theorising. If my guesses are true or total bogus we will know early enough but until then I just will go wild with throwing around theories. Although that just now was more meant as “We don’t know the whole story yet”. No idea if the “whole story” in the end really will give us more details to how Priscilla ended up in the underworld or if she really died in childbirth…
Thinking about it…the echoing footsteps also could have been Athena walking away from the dying Priscilla after she gave her the MC. So the scene empathises that Priscilla indeed did care for MC and isn’t meant as foreshadowing…
