Character relationships in game

Sorry for the super late responses guys, I actually had to go somewhere on short notice to a place without internet for some time, but I’m back now. Sorry if this seems like I’m reviving a somewhat dead thread, but I’m just replying back!

@Greyscales I sort of understand what you mean by hiding it with a vague title and description, but do you mean also to clear it up in the “achieved” description when it’s successfully done?

@Szaal Okay, I see what you mean. Basically, it shouldn’t fall short with the players. Also, that it should matter, unless it has been done well enough to where the player would want to know without asking. Thanks for the video. I actually follow another of his channel’s, but this one is really helpful too! I’ll be checking more of them out in future!

@Nonvita I definitely agree with you, and actually forgot about that book until you mentioned it. It is kind of similar in that sense and it’s one way to really understand the other characters that could otherwise just be faceless NPCs.

3 Likes

Yes, was that not how it can be done? I think I was too vague in my reply.

1 Like

So, what you meant is something like:

Achievements
Not just a friend: (You’re more or less than just a friend) (You screwed the relationship between A and B)
He’s mine!: (Who is yours?) (Romanced character C while pushing D away to fall to her own demise)

3 Likes

Yes! That’s exactly it. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

1 Like

@Szaal @Greyscales
I’m sorry for the late reply and I hope it doesn’t seem like I’m reviving a dead thread again, I just wasn’t able to reply any sooner.
I just have a question regarding the format you posted the achievements as. I understand the second set of brackets is the clear explanation for when the achievement is done. However, I’m not sure I understand what the first set of brackets represents? Sorry if that’s a dumb question, but thank you very much for the example, I think I see what you mean despite my uncertainty!

It represents the text when you haven’t got the achivement yet :innocent:

2 Likes

Oh okay! Sorry, I probably should have been able to figure that one out, but my brain is kaput right now. Thank you for the example though! That makes a lot more sense and I definitely will consider doing that.

1 Like

Naah, NP.
Every ppl will have a moment where their brain was numb :brain:

1 Like