Caught in a Reverie (Halloween Edition is finally up)

gender-choice
modern-fantasy

Is Kioshi younger than the MC or the same age, since “in the class below you” could mean that he’s in a lower set. The same question goes to Rainer (that’s her name right?) As well.

I think @Ros_e clarified at one point that Kioshi and Rainer are the year below the MC (so 15/16), Dion and Sibyl are the same year (16/17), and the twins are the year above (17/18).

EDIT:

My mistake, it looks like Sibyl is the younger one, and Rainer is the MC’s age.

Yup yup~

Tusbasa and Touya are older by a year
MC, Dion and Rainer are in the same year.
Kioshi and Sibyl are a year younger c:

Just a question, is the game using the Japanese school system where there are only 3 years in high school?

I was wondering why I got two IDs?

its probably, if I remember correctly, its something to do with playing the game twice and the system recognising the old ID as well as the new one (?)

I don’t understand that, since this was my first time playing

I don’t think so; I think there were certain routes that had two anyway. @VioletHikari, could you describe your character, so @Ros_e knows where in the code to look for the bug?

My character was female with short hair and pale skin. They gave me two IDs, both being female with short hair. However, one ID had the character with pale skin, while the other ID had her with dark skin.

Ok, so I decided to play again, but this time a made different choices than the first few times around. It seems that depending on how I interact with Touya depends on not only what my MC looks like(and her Reverie), but also whether I get one ID or two…

Like how. Shed some light pls.

I’d love to be part of the beta testing even if only to proof-read :smiley: - if it’s not too late of course!

I’ll go through it again but here’s some to start:
In quote is what you’ve written. I’ve gone and re-worded some so it doesn’t seem to repetitive for readers. Some grammatical mistakes and you tend to jump tenses.

In brackets ( ) is another word you could replace it with.

Please let me know if this helps and if you would like me to continue :slight_smile:

I like where this story is going !

I picked up my bags and got off, the moment my foot touched the platform, I let out a breath that I didn’t realize I had been holding. Everything was going to be different now, and the apprehension hit me.

Picking up my bags, I got off the train. I let out a breath the moment my foot touched the platform. I hadn’t realized I’ve been holding one in. Then the realization hit me; everything was going to be different now.

My thoughts were soon interrupted by the rattling sound of the train engine. I caught glimpses of my own reflection as the train’s compartments passed by me one by one. I couldn’t help but linger on my appearance and thought about my little hometown far away…

My thoughts were soon interrupted by the rattling sound of the train engine. Glimpses of my own reflection danced on the glass as the train’s compartments passed by one by one. I couldn’t help but linger a bit longer, looking back at my appearance and remember my little hometown far away…

I was lucky enough to be granted a scholarship and given the opportunity to come here. Who would have thought a small town character like me would have a chance in the big leagues. Kairos Institution in the City of Kane was rumored to be arduous to get in. I knew that unless you had an extraordinary peculiarity, your application won’t even be considered. Not to mention, the tuition fees there were delirious!

I was lucky enough to be granted a scholarship and given the opportunity to come here. Who would have thought a small town character like me would have a chance in the big leagues (or “such a prestigious school”)?

In the City of Kane, Kairos Institution has been known to be arduous to enrol to. Unless you had an extraordinary peculiarity, your application wouldn’t even be considered. Not to mention, the tuition fees are delirious!

Options: I am pretty sure it was my grades that have caught the board’s attention

I am pretty sure it was my grades that caught the board’s attention

Options: I do think that shine in the creative department.

I definitely shine in the creative department. / I do think that I shine in the creative department.

Options: I am in various clubs before. Pretty sure it was because of my curriculum advantages.

I was a part of various clubs. Pretty sure it was because of the wide range of extra curricular experiences.
/ Having been a part of various clubs, I am fairly certain it was because of the extra curricular references (and excellent rapport).

@Sau_Mei_Ng: Well, after I’m done choosing how my character looks like, and she starts interacting with Touya, I choose the option where she apologizes and explains that she’s lost. Then I choose the option explaining that she just arrived in town. Then I choose the “What the hell is going on here?!” option (or as I like to call it “the freak out button”). Then I choose the option to ask about Whims. And then finally, after all that, I choose the option to push Touya out of harms way. After all that, when I’m done inputting the MC’s name, they give me two IDs. I noticed recently that if I make any other choices, I only get one ID. But since the choices that I mentioned earlier were the ones I chose when I first played this, it threw me off the fact that I got two different looking IDs…

I don’t know if you can see this image (since it’s the first time I post an image), but if you can see it, then this is what I’m talking about.

Okay; I’ve looked at the game and I think I’ve identified the problem. @Ros_e: In the female Chapter 2, getting the Owlman reverie sets the MC’s skin colour to tan (*set tan true) as well as whatever it was before, which I’m assuming is a bug (and doesn’t happen in the male version).

Ok, so I have played this a few times and came across a total of 4 reveries;

The Flower Petal Lady, The Wolf Mascot, The Sniper Dude, and The Owlman (aside from the last one, those are the “names” I gave each of them to help me identify them, ParrotWatcher came up with the last name, and now I am forever going to call him that!).

Now, I noticed that each of them has their own personality and attack. Well, all except Owlman. The only time they actually show him is when he first appeared, after that they just refer to him as “your reverie”, nothing else. At first, I thought it was because this was just a demo, and the author would get to it eventually. But, after playing the game over and finding the other 3 reveries, I’m not sure anymore. If the author really did forget about him, then hopefully my message will remind them of him. If they hadn’t forgotten about him, then I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be pushy/impatient, I’m only trying to help :disappointed: .

Also, I was thinking that since Sybil’s reverie is named Jinx, will we be able to name ours later on?

Yep @VioletHikari Owl dude seems to be the silent type. The two other reveries are a tattooed dude with red hair and horns, and a curvy lady with short choppy hair and a tight bodysuit. On another note what does everyone think the height of each character is? I know Sybl is supposed to be short and Touya is a tall dude but I’m curious to hear everyone’s thoughts.

How do you get the reverie with red hair and horns? I’ve been trying to get him but can’t.

Edit: I got it.

@Elysium I didn’t know about those other two. The Sniper Dude I came across has brown hai, and the Lade one I came across had long hair tied into a ponytail. I’m curious, how do you get the other two?

@VioletHikari I’m honestly not 100% sure. I was trying out a bunch of randome choice combinations one night and got them. I think being charming can lead to the lady with the body suit, as for the horned dude i think i played my MC as more impulsive/stubborn and i think i had picked them being good at sports.