Can't upload an image into a post

Hi there, I didn’t see a topic on this, but whenever I try to upload an image onto my post through the editor it comes up with this message: “Sorry, you can’t embed media items in a post.”

Does anyone know if I’m doing something wrong? Do images have to be certain sizes or file types?

1 Like

That’s weird. :thinking:

Do you hit the Upload button or just copy and paste the image URL into your post?

1 Like

I hit the upload button on the post. I’m essentially just trying to upload the cover art for my book at the top of the original post.

1 Like

kittyblep

Weird. :thinking: I hit upload for this png file. What’s the file type?

1 Like

Ah, mine is a jpeg. I will try to change it to a png and see if that helps

1 Like

That did not work either unfortunately

1 Like

You’re uploading from your device right? You said it’s the cover art for your story. I don’t think it’s size or the file type that’s causing this problem. :thinking: I’m honestly not sure what’s going on. Maybe it’s trust level? But you should be able to upload images as trust level one?

Hmm. I’m sorry I haven’t been able to help you upload your cover art. I’m going to ping two much more experienced mods to see if they know how to help. @Gower @rose-court

1 Like

I appreciate you trying to help and notifying more people to the issue! Hopefully I can get it figured out pretty quick.

1 Like

I hope you can get it figured out too! Good luck with your WiP thread!

1 Like

@ViIsBae I’ve gone ahead and bumped up your trust level. Hopefully that works?

If not I’ll see what else I can do.

1 Like

That worked! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Yay!

Also? That cover art? :weary: :ok_hand: Mwah, chef’s kiss. I love it.

1 Like

Thank you so much! @alexshu does wonders

2 Likes

if you have recently joined forum and you are a new user.
you have to wait for while and use forum for while. after some time you will be able to post image.