Can't upload an image into a post

Hi there, I didn’t see a topic on this, but whenever I try to upload an image onto my post through the editor it comes up with this message: “Sorry, you can’t embed media items in a post.”

Does anyone know if I’m doing something wrong? Do images have to be certain sizes or file types?

2 Likes

That’s weird. :thinking:

Do you hit the Upload button or just copy and paste the image URL into your post?

1 Like

I hit the upload button on the post. I’m essentially just trying to upload the cover art for my book at the top of the original post.

1 Like

kittyblep

Weird. :thinking: I hit upload for this png file. What’s the file type?

1 Like

Ah, mine is a jpeg. I will try to change it to a png and see if that helps

1 Like

That did not work either unfortunately

1 Like

You’re uploading from your device right? You said it’s the cover art for your story. I don’t think it’s size or the file type that’s causing this problem. :thinking: I’m honestly not sure what’s going on. Maybe it’s trust level? But you should be able to upload images as trust level one?

Hmm. I’m sorry I haven’t been able to help you upload your cover art. I’m going to ping two much more experienced mods to see if they know how to help. @Gower @rose-court

1 Like

I appreciate you trying to help and notifying more people to the issue! Hopefully I can get it figured out pretty quick.

1 Like

I hope you can get it figured out too! Good luck with your WiP thread!

1 Like

@ViIsBae I’ve gone ahead and bumped up your trust level. Hopefully that works?

If not I’ll see what else I can do.

1 Like

That worked! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Yay!

Also? That cover art? :weary: :ok_hand: Mwah, chef’s kiss. I love it.

1 Like

Thank you so much! @alexshu does wonders

2 Likes

if you have recently joined forum and you are a new user.
you have to wait for while and use forum for while. after some time you will be able to post image.

I’m also not able to put images in my post.

This thread will tell you how you can increase your user trust level so that you can upload images.

2 Likes

Can you upload an image now? How’d you do it? Need help :slight_smile:

Trust level??
Probably