Can you create new commands using mygame.js

In general, we don’t publish apps that use *script or add special commands.

ChoiceScript has an experimental *sound command, which works kind of like the *image command. It works OK on the web, but it doesn’t work that well on Android, and I’m not sure how well it works in IE, especially older versions. We don’t have a *pause_sound or *stop_sound command.

Sound is a surprisingly deep topic:

* looping background music (loop forever? N times?)
* preventing two sounds from playing simultaneously
* allowing two sounds to play simultaneously
* synchronizing sounds to play
* stopping/starting individual tracks
* cross-fade from one sound to another
* controlling the volume
* being able to tell if the sound is done (*if sound_finished)
* seeking forward/backward in the sound track
* perfect timing/performance (in video games, it’s important that the “jump” sound starts the instant you push the jump button, whereas in ChoiceScript there will be a delay as the sound loads, possibly a long delay if the user’s Internet connection is slow)
* letting the player control some/all of this

It’s normal for game studios to have at least one person dedicated to managing sound.

@dfabulich
Oh, wow. Nevermind then. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol Means my game may not be published. Still I am to far into it to stop. Perhaps once it is fully developed it might be considered.

@Lordirish Well, nice thing about working code is that we can usually find a way to standardize it.

Wow, this is great!

I’m assuming it could be used for adding ambient sound or random sound effects (e.g. rustling leaves, a scream at a jumpscare moment, etc)?

@dfabulich Good to know thanks

@LordIrish I mean, we can also just publish to web. It won’t make as much money, but it would work.