Hey everyone!
Chapter Eight is officially here. It has… a number of significant plot developments, which I hope you’ll enjoy. There are around 132,000 new words, spread across six routes with some common elements, as always.
Also as always, if anything seems to not work, or you have some feedback you’d like to give, please let me know! Otherwise, I’ll just keep on plodding forward, as I do.
The game is in the usual place, now with a chapter skip feature by popular demand.
Cheers.
25 Likes
Welp, chapter 8 has only begun and my Pyrrhos has quite the tongue-lashing building up for Hades. If you know what I am referring to… Keeping a straight face was the hardest thing ever for him in that moment. 
1 Like
Definitely understandable. They’ll be able to get around to that in… chapter nine sometime. 
1 Like
Hades, I love you. But you are in for a world of lecturing. I love that my God is such a momma hen. He’s calm and logical, until someone he cares about is attacked or insulted. Then he loses it. Hades put Pyrrhos’s self-control to task there. 
Anyway, I loved all the bits in this chapter. My only uncertainty is…my God doesn’t hate answering prayers and sees Laus like their patron city. He wants them to stand strong and thrive on their own, but that doesn’t mean they can’t pray to him in the future if they truly need his help. He just doesn’t want Nikos and the citizens to be helpless without a God’s constant involvement. Like a parent and child, he wants to watch over this little city and see it grow big and strong. Yet, it felt like at the end, they were saying they’d never pray to him again.
Also, did my God inadvertently create drugs? 
And thx for letting us choose separate punishments for Theseus and Pirithous. I always felt Theseus deserved a little more leeway on my God’s part. (Before learning what we do about Pyri.) Also happy we finally got to take a moment to talk with Makaria about our future role… 
4 Likes
I found a bug in chapter 8, the conversation with the enrinyes.
The choice:
“What version of justice does Athena want? How’s it different?”
is infinitely repeatable.
I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve read so far!
2 Likes
Hey, everyone. You can now play the entirety of Blood of the Living’s ninth chapter, which as it so happens is the penultimate one.
Basically, some stuff happens, and then you can have some feelings about it. Or, if that stuff doesn’t happen for you, you can have feelings about other stuff that’s already happened. Or both. Feel what you feel, deity of Spring. Who knows? Maybe some of the characters will give you even more things to feel some kind of way about.
I’m no good at advertising, but as always, I hope you enjoy it. 
39 Likes
Another fantastic chapter. I appreciate all the variations of responses we can have in our conversation with Hades at the end. I can’t believe it’s the penultimate chapter. I don’t think I’ll be ready to say goodbye to these characters. 
Poor Ikarios
Is it possible to prevent his death with different choices?
2 Likes
Definitely time for a replay I think!
2 Likes
The key with Ikarios is to warn him ahead of time, just after you finish the dinner with him in Chapter Eight. If you’re able at that time to give him a gift you got from an Olympian goddess all the way back at the beginning of FoA, he has an even better chance. You’ll need to make sure he gets some help after the attack either way, and it’s not a guarantee, bit it’s definitely possible.
4 Likes
Ahhhhhh!!! I loved this chapter so so much!!! And I most definitely felt a lot of feelings! I love the different potential domains you get based off your choices. And I’m really having a tough time picking a favorite pair. Life/Hope really makes me feel more connected to Hades. And Protection/Mercy feels so perfect and on brand for my Persephone. Choices choices… And the Hades picnic!!! Ahhhhhh!!! I’m melting and so happy!! I love these precious fools so much!!! Thank you so much for another beautiful chapter!
3 Likes
Hey, so glad to see this in the works, love the first game. One thing, though – with Cerberus and Marakia; I played many character, but one of them was simply terrified of dogs in general, so while she loved Marakia she avoided Cerberus as much as possible (walked with Hades without Cerberus et cetera). I missed that in the encounter with Marakia and Cerberus; she was and still is terrified of dogs, while she loves the kid. Not saying you have to add it in just for me, but I figured I give some feedback. She would be so torn between playing tag and not. (c;
Ah, thanks for this; I’m usually pretty good about remembering to account for those options, but I do think I forgot in the one scene. I’ll make a note to add some options there when I get to editing properly. 
2 Likes
Aw, thank you! I just found it an interesting situation for my MC. (c: And there’s so much to remember for you already!
2 Likes
Ahhh how do I give him the gift I have him alive but can’t find the gift part 
1 Like
The gift is before the attack even happens, when you visit him for dinner. If you choose at the very end to be suspicious of what he said about his neighbor being envious (the dialogue option is something like “Hold on. I’m still bothered by what you said.”) After that you can give him a warning or an item, if you still have one (or had one at all) from the Olympian goddess all the way back in the first chapter of FoA. Warning alone will give you a chance to save him also, if you go to him right away and succeed in your attempt to heal him.
2 Likes
I read the first part ages ago, but never got around to this WIP until now. It was such a joy to read.
I took a few screenshots when I noticed punctuation was missing or similar while reading. Im not sure you’re even looking for that type of feedback (and my account is too new to just add them to this post), but I’d be happy to share if you’re interested.
Those sorts of things are welcome! It might be easier to DM me, if you’ve screenshots? It’s been very many years since my account was new, so I’m not quite certain.
1 Like
DMs wouldn’t work either. But here they are: https://imgur.com/a/oZySkC6
I want to add that two of them (both containing “more small forest than grove.”) I just added because both instances were fairly close together.
1 Like
Whichever one you choose to have a backstory with. You have to stay for the party when you have the choice to do that or leave in FoA’s first chapter.
Athena’s won’t work for this purpose, but it has a use later on if you warn him and then go try to heal him. The gifts from Artemis, Hestia, Hera, or Aphrodite will all work, though.
2 Likes