Beta Tester Extraordinaire

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how someone would go about getting the “Beta Tester Extraordinaire” badge? How many games would a person have to beta test to be awarded this badge? Besides that, how would the staff actually know how many games a particular person has beta tested? Is it possible to recommend someone?

2 Likes

It is a badge controlled by Jason who hands it out for exemplary feedback on official betas. (Last one I remember was Fielder’s Choice.)

There are no set limits or thresholds to get it, it depends on your feedback provided,

What do you mean by “recommend someone”?

7 Likes

Say, for example, if someone beta tested some of your games, and they were an exceptionally good beta tester, so you wanted to recommend them for the badge. :blush:

3 Likes

No. It’s mostly about reliably providing feedback on official betas.

3 Likes

On this topic, I’ve noticed that I have the badge for “Beta Tester Extraordinaire,” but I don’t seem to have the option to set it as my title. Is this a glitch or is that a separate thing?

2 Likes

Yeah. If you want the badge, just sign up for betas that look interesting/promising, play them to death, dig out bugs and areas for improvement, and send them in.

1 Like

Oh, I see. So, would that mean the games would have to be official COG titles, rather than games submitted to the Hosted Games label?

You should be able to find it on your account “preferences” tab > Profile > User card badge.

Ah, see, that’s the issue—there’s nothing there. I do have the badge but there are no options in the drop down menu.

1 Like

Maybe you actually don’t have the badge?
Wooooo :open_mouth:~~

I confirm - it’s not available in my list anymore, and I do have the badge. At the time I thought it was a conflict with my Leader status, but if it’s not, perhaps the admins removed the badge from title-ability?

1 Like