Background Color Change?

Sorry for all the questions.

I found instructions on how to change the overall bg color and font and such in css.

Is there a way to change colors during the game?
(for example, to show flashbacks in a different color.)

Thanks again for all your help.

1 Like

I think it is only controllable by the reader. Not certain though.

1 Like

For this, you’ll need the knowledge of CSS programming language (which isn’t that hard, really. But for safety measure, you need to be familiar with HTML too)

However, changing the BG color during the game is only controllable by the reader/player, as @hustlertwo pointed out.

2 Likes

Thank you again! :grin:

I really appreciate the help.

2 Likes

The author of “SoS: The Mortal Coil” managed to do it. You may want to ask there: SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP, Poll Link in Post 2022 for RO Portrait)

From my knowledge of CScript, I think that’s not possible but I haven’t really used it too much so feel free to correct me

As for the case which @Hakai_no_Megami mentioned, I think such a thing requires some sort of third party plugins, which wouldn’t be the first usage of those in CoG/HG games. Heroes Rise apparently used quite a few back in the days when CScript was much less efficient and capable than it is now

1 Like

Also, this link may be useful: http://choicescriptdev.wikia.com/wiki/Style.css.

It seems to be possible to change the background colour (and a bunch of other things).

1 Like

Thanks for that link. I was actually wondering if it was possible to change the colour of the screen to make it clearer of you were switching between character viewpoints and the like, but it looks like it can only be a single change for the whole story.

1 Like

I must insist that I’ve seen it done in SoS:TMC. I’m no expert, but I can think of a way to do it that might work, but I’d have to actually try to do it to see whether or not it works.

1 Like

Hey, I asked the creator of SoS like @Hakai_no_Megami suggested, and they pointed me to this Color Change Mod

I haven’t been able to get it to work in my game yet, but I’m a total newbie at scripting so . . .
:grinning:

2 Likes

Glad I could help (for a change XD)!

1 Like