Apex Predators (WIP) (On Hiatus)

First The Vampire Regent, now this.

You’ve completely sold me. That demo was, dare I say, perfect. I, in all honesty, wish to see this completed more than your other works.

Just saying.

The nickname choices were dope (Wolfslayer? Can I kill fucking werewolves? Please? :rofl:) the choices were amazing (brutal red-eyed vampire brute for the win), the ROs sound very promising, the characters introduced are already interesting, and the way you describe and hint at this world’s version of a zombie virus was creative and entertaining.

Congratulations on writing something with so much potential out of pure boredom. I love it, and it seems a lot of others do, too.

Cheers!

P.S. Even the title makes me grin like an evil creature.

8 Likes

Yes, hemokinesis works on animals as well. No, the belt is unlikely, mainly because you’d have to harness it from one of your humans, and they can’t spare that much blood (since they’re already feeding you and are constantly on the edge of starvation as it is). Yes, hemokinesis can be used on you by other vampires, but they (and you) would have to be master vampires, and conflicts between two masters are very rare.

Noted. :slight_smile:

@Hex Sorry to hear about the RCMP! :cold_sweat: Hope you’re okay!

@anon89206566 (such a fitting name!), thank you so much for the very high praise! You’re too kind! I’m so glad you enjoyed it, it’s very motivating! :smile:

The nicknames were actually my favorite part to write… I’m super curious about what everyone chose as theirs! (I always stick with Bonebreaker because it’s metal af.) Fun fact, if you choose the Wolfslayer, werewolf characters will react accordingly! :wink:

8 Likes

Am I the only one afraid to check out Shepards of Haven because I like this?

2 Likes

I don’t get this…

yes I’m a slow poke XD I read one thing…then forget…then go back lol

If you can shapeshift…doesn’t that mean you are not a vampire anymore ? I mean usually…vampires can’t take on a new set of powers .

Why be afraid? Give it a try! :grin:

18 Likes

that should be scary…and it is…

‘Argh…those pants! give me those pants!’

:rofl:

4 Likes

If you wanted my pants, you should’ve just announced another chapter.

Also, if I like it, then I will have to wait something troublesome.

I wonder how this protection service will come to play. I wonder if we’ll properly be able to romance a human, or they’ll be too tired. I wonder the abilities of a ww in this universe, considering we get full on shapeshifting from its bite.

6 Likes

In this world, they can! Becoming a vampire is essentially a mutation–so when they’re bitten by a werewolf, who has shapeshifting powers, they don’t become a werewolf, their mutation just mutates further. :slight_smile:

Also, fun fact, werewolves and vampires actually stem from the same origins, at least if we’re looking at Dracula as an origin text for the modern, Western vampire: the words for both werewolf and vampire in the Slavic/Balkan region (particularly Transylvania) were the same, referring to the same creature, which variously drank the blood of humans and/or transformed into a wolf and attacked local cattle. It explains why Dracula can also transform into a wolf and controls wolves in the book; and it was variously believed in those mythic origins that vampirism was a stage of lycanthropy (often after the werewolf died). This doesn’t have anything to do with this game, but I always like spreading stuff like that. :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

b-but vampires are so much cooler then the mutt!!

go hide under a rock

yup…don’t regret that one! :grin:

Have you played VTM Bloodlines, they have a cool Werewolf Vampire class.

I haven’t, but I’ve always wanted to! As more time passes though I’m scared it’ll be too old for me to play! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Unlike Bethesda there is no patches I can recommend(except for Poe) it plays quite smoothly, I would recommend going in blind, but I spoilt myself and had a fabulous time.

Actually, someone could make it into choice script, and it still would be great, but probably 1 gigabit.

2 Likes

Sounds really interesting can’t wait.

1 Like

After seeing the options for the names I had to have the fey name be John Constantine

4 Likes

tenor%20(3)

2 Likes

You know how many times I thought what it’d be like to be a vampire during the zombie apocalypse?? And of course me being the talentless hack I am could never come up with a story :joy: I seriously can’t wait to see more of this I’m actually pretty excited rn :grin:

3 Likes

Humans: "WHOO! ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, YEAH! REDDIT WAS RIGHT!

Werewolves: “The hunt begins.”

Vampires: Dies

3 Likes

Have you bought it yet? It is currently on sale in Steam. It looks interesting. XD Anyway, just want to commend you for making another interesting story. Looking forward to more chapters!

2 Likes

Really like the WIP and story concept soo far! Playing as a vampire during the zombie apocalypse was never something I thought about before. Also for the nickname for the fae, I chose Moonlit mostly because it sounded cool (the guardian sounds cool too) and because a lot of the other ones sounded more violent than I want my mc to be

3 Likes

I read and liked Shepherds of Haven now I have this to look forward to. It’s just so good, I’m not sure which one I like more! Thank you for this amazing work! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes