A Witch's Curse (W.I.P) (Updated 3/2/2019)

Poor, poor Landon though poor kid (if you can all anyone or anything 200 years old that) has had it far worse then our mc’s. Actually if this was just the mc and she didn’t do whatever it is she did to Landon I’d say my mc’s situation has improved a fair bit, he may still not be rich exactly now, but he’s not starving and dressed in rags anymore either. Although I wonder what became of his brother and sister.

1 Like

Poor Landon but I love him already😊 i also love that u chose the 80s as the setting & not today. The 80s rocks

I can’t believe we lived long enough to witness the original airing of thundercats and the suffering of mullets

3 Likes

do you think that MC ever had a mullet? :thinking:

1 Like

@idonotlikeusernames While you won’t necessarily find out exactly what happened to them. There will be options later on in the game to find out some information about them. Also, next chapter you will for sure find out more about them.

@ultravioletgaia the 80’s are great, plus they allow for plenty of hijinks!

@cookiemonsta and @Gwenstn hm… I know these are more of a joking question, but this has me thinking… I definitely wanna pepper in some more 80’s references to make it feel more of its time. Should I put in some late 80s hairstyles as an option in the game? Maybe I’ll make a poll or something for this. Call it: Should terrible 80’s hair be a thing in this game?

2 Likes

Well here are some of the trendy hairstyles for women

https://www.google.gr/amp/s/www.wmagazine.com/gallery/most-iconic-80s-hair-of-all-time/amp

And some for the guys

Just remember; hair was bigger, curlier and people permed and put a shitload of chemicals in them you wonder how they still had hair (the mullet is still giving me nightmares) oh and don’t forget punk hairstyles and fashion it was not as trendy as those above because the rock and roll movement (don’t forget the drugs lol) was on it’s peak during the 80s but it still existed IIRC

2 Likes

Did I read 80s hairstyles? D: Horror xD
I already want to know what happened to the MCs siblings. Fingers crossed for as little angst as possible xD

3 Likes

It’s theoretically possible L’s father could’ve been inclined to take care of them after losing his own child along with them losing their sibling.

L’s father seems to resent taking care of L at times, as they are only a bastard too. No way he’d take in a destitute orphan like the mc, except maybe for menial labour at a barely livable wage.

Well there’s some 80’s hairstyles I like:

The 1980’s also had lots of cool and much more extravagant then today’s styles to choose from, particularly if you were a cute young guy. As most often I’d be partial to the leather, particularly if my mc has the long, gorgeous legs and ass required to pull off the pants well. Then there were the cell phones, that were at least cooler then today’s so-called “smart” phones (note the only phone I’ll ever call smart is the integrated communications capabilities of a butler android who looks like a cute guy and that’s Choice of Robots territory and decades away if we’re being really optimistic).

Hey man, that’s about the most optimistic thing you can hope for. Realistically I’m thinkin’ they probobly died of sickness or starvation on the streets after assuming their sibling left them to be with L in some faraway land. They probobly died hating and resenting you but I didn’t want to be a dick and say that to someone who wanted less angst.

1 Like

I know that is why I said that had the mc not had siblings to consider and the Witch didn’t do whatever she did to L my mc could easily have forgiven her as while he’s still not exactly wealthy he sure isn’t destitute and starving either anymore.

3 Likes

T.T Poor MCs siblings. That’s really gonna be the straw that breaks the camel’s back for my MC. :’(

2 Likes
angst you say?

Either that or they came looking… And the sibling that cared and provided for them didn’t recognize or know them. And they may have been cursed for their trouble. Or murdered. Or they never even found us. Or a multitude of other horrible things. I like happy endings but I’m not optimistic in this case. :disappointed:
Pecan pie making the MC nostalgic makes me so sad. This game is going to make me cry by the end, I just know it.

2 Likes

Why. Why do you do this D’:
It was bad enough knowing that they were dead, since it was 200 years later T.T

2 Likes

Hey, Update Today! It’s relatively short but I hope you like it.

11 Likes
Anything I noticed

Is that a slang?

The word hair is missing

@Noah that is not slang, that’s just a mistake! Thank you so much, I’ll fix those right away :slight_smile:

EDIT: Should be fixed! And thanks again!

2 Likes

I’m so sad. Just so freaking sad now. T.T Where’s L/Patches? I need some hug comfort.
Also, there’s a typo right before the MC is supposed to go in the house, it says ‘choke’ their heads instead of shake.

What a horrifying typo, better go fix that. Also you’ll get to see a little of L next chapter, but mostly they’ll be resting. They had a busy night last night! This chapter is going to be more devoted to getting to know the other RO’s as well as like plot stuff.

Also, I love everyone speculating on what became of the siblings!

EDIT: Fixed that typo. Thanks for your help.

5 Likes

I love this wip and update a lot. Its so bittersweet, raw, and emotional.
Mysterious and unnerving. You write dread so well Im getting second hand anxiety from it.
I’ll be patiently waiting for more!

(I cant choose! Every ro is so interesting! But poor L, true bro right there.)

3 Likes