[WIP] demons like you and I: a dark horror fantasy romance *updated profiles*

i haven’t even played yet but i just got so excited from your little secret message that i just had to tell you sjdjskdnskksjdjsjdhej i just KNOW it’s this is going to be good.

1 Like

Thank you so much!! :laughing: I hope it meets expectations hahaha, let me know what you think!

1 Like

Not much new to add, but I am also really enjoying the tone. You’re doing a good job of mixing scary and sweet/funny in a way that not many horror stories can pull off, which is a huge plus to me. The social media stuff was spot on. And again, others have brought it up, but I think you did a good job of making that one email off enough that it made me think “hmm, something is off about this” but not so off that it was obviously suspicious, and maybe this sounds silly but “solving” it made me feel really smart and good :stuck_out_tongue: What I’m saying is it’s both conceptually cool and well-designed and immersive and a lot of other positive things. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on this one!

1 Like

Horror!
Fantasy!
Romance!

Some of my favorite genres together :heart_eyes:

Shut up and take my money, hell take my whole wallet.

5 Likes

This is such a huge compliment, thank you so much! Horror is so much better when you can have a few giggles along the way I think :stuck_out_tongue:
And that’s not silly at all, I’m glad you enjoyed my little Easter eggs :laughing: I showed it to my sister when I first finished writing it, and she thought I was just being weird, so really, well done for solving it! Keep your eyes peeled for many more… Or maybe I shouldn’t say that, so I can catch you off guard…

1 Like

Yess they’re mine too! I can’t get enough of romantic horrors (with fantasy). There really aren’t enough of them… Hmm there’s a big opening in the market for this :thinking:

2 Likes

Defo give it a go

1 Like

Let me know what you think! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I loved it! It’s already giving me spooky vibes (though I got a good laugh out of the groupchats). It was a good idea to have MC set some of their relationships with their friends/Dad right at the beginning through the text messages.

Moira with the creepy emails intrigues me the most.

2 Likes

[16:07] Hey love, text me when you’ve arrived. Wrap up warm. Send your mother my love. Love you lots, papa xxx yeah…not scary at all :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

also…I hate numbers, but google tell me the whole 1 cup = 240ml, or 500ml…or maybe Google is wrong? :stuck_out_tongue: HALP MEH NERDS! Lol

Google say: 1 Cup . " 1 Cup " is equal to 8 fluid ounces in US Standard Volume. … A Metric Cup is slightly different: it is 250 milliliters (which is about 8.5 fluid ounces)

2 Likes

A cup is 236 ml so 240 would be the closest. I’d guess 500 ml is the troll answer haha.

3 Likes

@esutonia
Thank you! And yes hmmm Moira is very intriguing, isn’t she? :thinking:

@E_RedMark @Isabella_Taylor
My measuring cups at home say 240ml = 1 cup :sweat_smile:
I should have fact checked, thank you for letting me know! I’ll update it for next time, and yes, 500ml was a troll answer haha, should have made it a bit more obvious!

2 Likes

Oh no, it’s only the beginning and I already know that I’ll protect Jackson at any cost! I love his friendly relationship with MC “what’s up idiot GUESS WHO” :joy: :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Man this is so good. The writing is fantastic

1 Like

Mannn not much happening but im so pumped about this!!! Will be tuning in!

1 Like

Aaa I’m so glad you like him! :laughing: I can’t wait to introduce the other characters too!

1 Like

Thank you, that’s too kind :slight_smile:

@365
Stay tuned! :laughing:

1 Like

Love it! Can’t wait to read more.! An error occurs when you try to open the stats screen tho

1 Like

Nonbinary inclusive horror/fantasy/romance?! I’m already sold!
The writing was very immersive and flowed well. I also liked the dialogue and the texts/emails: they were natural and also showed the characters’ personalities.
I really like the phone/texting mechanic as it is, that is to say included directly in the main game page, bc if you want to include more secret cryptic emails, speaking as a player who forgets to check their stats a lot I’d appreciate the extra notification. But I guess a prompt at the beginning to keep checking the phone could work just as well!
I’d offer advice on how to code that but unfortunately that’s not my strong suit.

I LOVED the hidden message in that bolded email by the way. That’s what ultimately really hooked me into this game, I wanna see what the cryptic warning is talking about!!

I know it’s probably hard with the pandemic going on, so no pressure but I’m really excited to see where this goes!

1 Like

I haven’t written the stats screen yet. I should have put this info somewhere, sorry! I’ve just uploaded a very short file, so clicking the stats button won’t lead to an error now though. Thank you for letting me know!

1 Like