Why are there so many HGs genderlocked to male?

Don’t claim that a comment is against female locked games when it’s against genderlocked games in general.

3 Likes

Oh that’s just sad. ( Battlefield 5 fiasco anyone?) I don’t understand. Is having to play as a female in any gaming platform emasculating somehow?

3 Likes

This is exactly the attitude I and others here talked about. Female genderlocked games get shoot down by guys right away but if it’s a male genderlocked then they get all protective about it when someone mentions that they would prefer not to play as a guy.

8 Likes

The main point was that males complain more often about female gender locked games compared to females complaining about male gender locked games, so it’s not gender locked games in general. Hence the name of this thread, I think.

2 Likes

I play females all the time in games when I have the choice, so no not for me it isn’t.

First two comments on the thread praises the game for being female genderlocked. Has that EVER happened to a male genderlocked game?

1 Like

That’s a shame that Google doesn’t do the reviews like Steam. I have Steam open to a random game and it doesn’t look like I can post a review. But when I open the store page to a game that I have there’s a very obvious option to write a review. Not only that, but we’re able to see every reviewer’s number of hours played. For me, that helps in deciding how legit a review is.

So, can anyone confirm whether or not Google will allow you to post reviews on games that you do not own?

Read the arguments in this thread to get a perspective. It’s pretty one-sided tbh. (Read the title of this page as well. It complains about male locked from a female perspective (sorry if I assume you’re female))

3 Likes

Well this is a first, of course it has to be praised. But if a male genderlocked game gets released, uhh… Sorry but that’s kinda old news?

4 Likes

I think we should slow down before this gets carried away. I don’t agree with anything moskus4 is saying, but I think this conversation will just be an eternal loop of saying the same over and over again.

Or if you can stay polite, then carry on, I can’t be polite in this type of conversations

7 Likes

I’ve read most of the replies, can’t read them all due to how many there are. Also, I am a male, by the way. Even if female locked games get more praise, I guess it’s better, because encouraging this type of games could lead to more of them since females aren’t going to play male oriented games as much. And I am not going to play female locked games as much either, but both females and males should get the same chances, so I guess praising them is fine for the time being.

6 Likes

Let’s agree to disagree. (Sorry if I’m not polite. My native language doesn’t have a lot of polite phrasing.)

Thanks for this reminder. Wanted to answer to moskus4 but that would be neither in a very polite tone or a very useful use of my time.

1 Like

Chill out, buddy. Obviously it’s about the MC being female. Why would someone who wanted to play as male rate a game 1 star for being male genderlocked?

I mean, it just makes more sense to read between the lines than to blindly take an angry Google review at face value.

4 Likes

Then Im not sure what the issue is? I assume its a knee jerk reaction to the fact that they’re being excluded from a medium that they have a monopoly in? But I dont like making biased assumptions.

Whatever, I get it, I guess.

2 Likes

I like to think that most men are normal human being, and not little kids that cry when there is one thing that is not aimed for them in an environment that has been usually for men.

So, your assumption is correct, but to a degree. Most men will just not pay attention to that game because is not what is interesting for them, like most woman would do with games that are more male focused. But then, you always have this babies that need to cry because “feminazis are destroying our world” :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

I just find it ridiculous, that they are telling the author to perfect, not rush their game, when their review itself looks like that…
I can’t even take it seriously enough to feel annoyed. :pensive:

(I can’t see the reviews, so I don’t know what else gets said.)

3 Likes

“Feminists are the destroying our world!” Well, and vice versa just with misogynists. The issue is women have never really had a “world” in the gaming medium to begin with to be “destroyed”. So who’s really losing out in this debate? I say its the women who could do with just a few more female oriented games.

9 Likes

There have been strong female protagonists for a very long time. What do you mean by Female oriented?

For example

1 Like

Uh, I think noone here said that there are absolutely no female oriented games. I think it just comes down to that fact once again that there are at least 2x or 3x as many male oriented games than female oriented. And it just seems unfair how guys just bc they are “lucky” enough to identify as males have that much more options than anyone else.

5 Likes