What games do you feel you play "wrong" and which do you play "right"?

I’m definitely playing love at elevation WRONG and I feel like Captain Ahab vs A F***ing White Whale.

Me: Joan i wish I could murder you and resurrect you to murder you again
Game: GOD YOU’RE SO F***ING THIRSTY FOR JOAN JUST HEARING HER NAME MAKES YOU CREAM YOUR PANTIES!!!

7 Likes

This reminds me of my MCs relationship with John in Jazz Age.

Anyway a game I feel I might be playing wrong would be Heroes of Myth. I play it as a liar until the end and even tho that enables my MC to win the fight against the enemy at the end and saving the world bc people beliving my MC has magic abilities makes it true, I feel the game would try to push me towards playing a honest MC.
Game offers the option to tell the truth: my MC decides not to do so.
NPC: It’d be better to come clean.
MC: No.
Game: Are you sure you want to keep lying?
MC: Yes.
NPC: You can still tell the truth.
MC: I told you I won’t do that!
NPC 2: I also think we should stop with the lying, so tell the truth.
MC: Again, no!
And it goes on like this until it gets rather annoying (I get what the author aimed for: offering us the ability to change our mind later in the game, but still it was a question asked one too many times.)
Still other than this I really like that game, it even inspired me to draw again which is something I rarely do these days.

8 Likes

I hate when I’m supposed to play a certain way in a game, usually I’ll drop it or play the “wrong” way just to rebel.

8 Likes

Finally got the bitter loner ending. WOOOOOOOOO! Surprised it was an option but I’m grateful.

1 Like

Ennis was even more enjoyable to romance alongside Rex simply because of that. Plus it ends pretty well anyways.

1 Like

I always feel like I’m messing up when I play a rude MC in The Soul Stone War. The game places such a big emphasis on becoming a found family and soulmates with the group so it feels weird that most of my MCs are mean grumps.

1 Like