Upcoming ChoiceScript Feature: Checkpoints

smPlugin has been deprecated for a long time now in favour of the GitHub - ChoicescriptIDE/ChoiceScriptSavePlugin: A small addon script for ChoiceScript to allow control over persistent (hard) saves., which doesn’t use the password system (but provides similar functionality to smPlugin). Unfortunately, I don’t think dashingdon or moody.ink ever upgraded. I don’t think you should need to change your design over that incompatibility. Ideally those sites should update their plugins, or deprecate them in favour of an official solution. If the ChoiceScriptSavePlugin linked above is also incompatible with the checkpoint system, I’ll be happy to modify it to be compatible.

CSIDE is already capable of exporting a compiled game, but I’m happy to make any other changes that are required too. I’d love to implement a direct built-in feature to upload straight to itch.io, but they don’t have an API capable of that, as far as I’m aware.

There’s a compile.html/compile.js shipped directly with ChoiceScript (which is basically what CSIDE uses too). The only thing I think vanilla ChoiceScript is missing is a way to automatically generate the ifid.

4 Likes