The Samhain Invasion - WIP - UPDATED 06/21/21

Here at long last is Chapter 4! Thanks to everyone for their patience.

Chapters 1 through 4: Samhain Invasion (dashingdon.com)

Chapter 4 with a character generator: Samhain Invasion (dashingdon.com)

Also, it is now possible to save. Does anyone know if I adding or editing files on Dashingdon clears users’ save data? I’d hate to wipe out saves by fixing a typo.

12 Likes

Are there going to be RO’s in this story?

There are! In fact, it’s already possible to hook up with one character in chapter 4.

But that reminds me, I meant to post this poll!

Which of these ROs are most interesting right now?

• Africanus, the Roman envoy
  • Aoife/Eva, the chieftain
  • Eoghan/Owen, the Druid
  • Enda, the royal
  • Rionach/Raina, the “”“witch”""

0 voters

I’m planning to build them all as options, but it would be good to know if there’s a consensus for or against any of them, so I can better spend my efforts.

In addition, right now, I’m not planning for Fergus or Macha/Raven to be an RO. But if you have strong feelings that it should be otherwise, let me know!

Thanks!

1 Like

Which character can you hook up with because I was trying to get with Rionach and she said see her after the sacrifice?

Thank you for the update! I found a slight error during my game play. When I chose to stay (saying that the danger will be everywhere no matter what), the game said that I chose to flee instead.

Thanks for catching that! It’s fixed now.

1 Like

Hi, in Chapter 4, you can hook up with Eoghan/Owen by talking to him while he bathes in the lake. I’ll probably put the first love scene with Rionach in Chapter 5..

Games typically do their “hook up” scenes right before the narrative climax, but I’m spacing them out a bit instead. Because ancient Irish culture had a more casual approach to sex, the stereotypical theme of “We’ve been restraining ourselves for so long, but we might die tomorrow!” doesn’t fit as well. So there are various points where sex can happen, but the emotional climax of each relationship happens after the main conflict, where you choose to stay or not stay together.

Yes and also there is the fact that there are not very many “mature” RO’s in these games. Most of the RO’s are usually under the age of 40.

1 Like
Bugs

The game’s demo abruptly ends after chapter 3,I believe you have not updated your demo yet.
The independent chapter 4 demo is full of bugs,there are many bugs in custom character creator and the remaining chapter.

Thanks for catching those. It’s fixed now, on both versions.

I found an error.

Thanks! Fixed.

Think I found an error. In chapter 3, after hunting the white stag, after I try to convince Eva to give up the throne, I can’t progress because the "play again " option pops up.

Also seems to happen when you accept that, Eva becomes the new queen

Hi, I think you just hit the end of chapter 4! That’s all the content for now.

That gives me the idea, though, that I should have a warning before the end, so you can save your game before it boots you.

You might have failed to convince Eva. It’s a test of one of the Soul stats, with bonuses for if you’ve previously talked to and learned personal information about her.

Thanks for letting me know!

Can you convince Aoife to rule as a couple in chapter 4?

No. The story logic is that Aoife just doesn’t know the MC well enough to trust them. You can still pursue a relationship with her, though, provided you don’t threaten her (or murder her).

But honestly, that’s partly just to prevent another branch of the story. After I’ve written the main story, I might go back and add a “joint rule” branch for all the scenes involving rulership.

1 Like

Closing with a strong preference for Eoghan as an RO! That’s surprising, I thought Africanus would take it.

Has anyone gotten to the romance scene in Chapter 4? What did you think?

Is anything gonna happen with this WIP?

Yes! I have another chapter that I’ll be posting as soon as it’s edited, and another half a chapter in the works.

I know it’s taking awhile, and it’s likely to take a while longer. But thank you for your interest and patience.

7 Likes