Seeking feedback/beta testers for 'Stray Heirs', a romantic fantasy WIP

You want to meet the guy that wants to boil and bleed your virgin blood out of you?

My mind is blown @Sashira :hugging:

5 Likes

Yes!! Maybe heā€™s not looking for human sacrifice, maybe he wants an apprentice! Let Seline learn sorcery and blast her enemies :grin:

Agreed! I know some people are into the whole bad boy sexual tension thing, and thatā€™s cool, I just donā€™t want to have to go there if I donā€™t want to.

4 Likes

I love this beta and if you are willing to have me, I would love to beta test this game when its finished! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@elyneknight When you are finished with the story(writing, testing, polishing), do you plan to have it available to buy in app stores or free?

Because Iā€™d buy it. I even would like to test it for you. I had fun playing a princess who I could have do like I did one timeā€¦ Being chill with an intruder(well, in my head and my intruder at worst tracked in mud after getting the house wrong which the right one was across the street).

ā€œHuh, there is someone/something in my floor. Talks to person in floor, then helps them get the stone out of the way Oh, here to kidnap me? Okay, Iā€™ll play my part. terribly awkward attempt at a wink You wonā€™t get away with this, fiend!ā€

3 Likes

Literally just clicked the link- I LOVE the artwork! Did you create it? Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have feedback on the actual game, but I just have to say I love the aesthetic so far (Iā€™m on the 2nd page, so really not much to say content wise)

Side note: Iā€™d love to beta test for you

1 Like

I agree with most of what Pace says here, still for me personally itā€™s a shame we cannot be a kidnapped Prince instead.
So while this doesnā€™t seem like the game for me I wish you all the best with it and your writing style has got me intrigued enough to look forward to future projects/games from you that run a bit more to my taste.

3 Likes

this is soooo good i really enjoyed playing it, i loved how feisty i could play the princess and cant wait for more also would be more than willing to beta xx good luck xx

1 Like

Thanks so much. These suggestions are brilliant! Iā€™ve added the disclaimer to the web site already. The only thing I donā€™t think I can do is change Selineā€™s physical attraction to Andreas, because the ā€œunwillingly attractedā€ thing is kind of central to their interactions. I could however allow her to fight and suppress it more effectively. So, she canā€™t avoid feeling it to some extent, but she can control her actions enough to avoid flirting with him.

Iā€™m doing revisions to hopefully give Seline some more creative and empowering options. Shamelessly stealing your idea of having him come through the window.

Iā€™m still on the fence about the back button. Perhaps another possibility would be to allow 1-step backtracking, but no more?

I have thought a lot about female LIs. There are a couple of possibilities, but Iā€™m not certain theyā€™ll work naturally with the plot and character interactions. So Iā€™m experimenting with them. I really donā€™t want it to seem tacked-on or artificial.

Again, thanks for your thoughts! They really were super helpful.

7 Likes

Iā€™m really glad you said this, @Sashira (and sorry for the slow reply). This is actually my first attempt at writing anything romantic or erotic, let alone kinky, as well as my first attempt at IF - so Iā€™m trying to walk a fine line with the consent issue! Itā€™s very reassuring to know that aspect is working, at least for some ā€“ Iā€™m trying to give readers more latitude to avoid flirting with Andreas if they choose, but I also donā€™t want to neuter him.

And yes, I donā€™t think itā€™ll ruin anything to say you will meet the sorcererā€¦ :smiley:

One question Iā€™d be very grateful for your (and other peopleā€™s) advice on: how would you signal to readers the level of kink to expect in this story? Does ā€œkinky romantic fantasyā€ capture it accurately? To be clear, thereā€™s no direct non-con or BDSM here, but there are fairly clear suggestions of it, and for some people that could be enough to turn them off completely. So I donā€™t want to either fail to warn readers who find this kind of thing upsetting, or disappoint those who are looking for something more hardcore.

Thank you very much! And Iā€™m so glad you liked the art ā€“ itā€™s just a bunch of photo mashups with gimp filters. I really wish I could draw!

Awesome, thank you!

Wow, thank you so much! It means a lot to me that someone would actually pay for my fiction. Not that I care about money, but itā€™s really validating you think my work is worth it! I havenā€™t thought much about what to do when itā€™s finishedā€¦ maybe a free app with ads and a premium version without? Or something like thatā€¦ Iā€™ll have to do some research!

Itā€™s funny to hear from someone whoā€™s actually experienced an intruder like this. I was a bit worried people might be upset that I wanted to turn such a potentially traumatic experience into a romance (though I hope itā€™s obvious the whole thing is pure silly fantasy). So Iā€™m glad it wasnā€™t offensive to you!

And thanks for the offer to beta test, I will definitely take you up on that!

7 Likes

Something along the lines of kink-lite ahead or suggestive kink may apply? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Kink-allusive romantic fantasy or spicy/erotic romantic fantasy should also fit like a silken glove.

1 Like

@elyneknight Well, my intruder wasnā€™t exactly one to be afraid ofā€¦ An underage kid hoping to crash at his friendā€™s place after a long night of partying and went into the wrong house(or maybe it was the right wrong one, he probably wouldnā€™t have received so nice a hostess I if he had gone into a different wrong house), gobbled up my hamburger, chugged a bottle of water, and then fell asleep on the couch leaving me devastated about my hamburger and the mud he tracked in and orchestrating my revenge in the form of the policeā€¦

I did kinda offer him the hamburger after I noticed he broke a piece off, thoughā€¦ I was too casual through the whole thing that the most traumatizing thing was the hamburger and mud. :sweat_smile:

The kidnapping in this story made me want the princess to react just as casually.

PS: Probably the most traumatizing thing for the princess would be the rug. ā€œI liked that rug in that spot. It was perfect for not getting cold toes! Now what am I supposed to do?! :cry:ā€

2 Likes

I smashed him with a vase. I threw books and perfume at him. Then I smashed the mirror to pieces and fucking stabbed him with the shards and he still wonā€™t let me go.

I mean, damn Andreas, give me points for dedication!

(this is a good time and Iā€™d love to beta test)

9 Likes

Applause to @elyneknight. Very kinky and interesting. I am tempted for beta testing but I never beta test for any1 b4. So I am so looking forward if it have chance to be publish.
As for feedback. Very interesting, very kinky, replayable. How stray for the heir you actually intend to. I totally like the way you code it because no need to restart over and over again like some WIP which not yet have save slot. You can act back track and see the few options answer b4 decide the best 1 to preceed.
If you donā€™t mind someone new to beta test for you with no knowledge of coding and English not my primary language, so maybe grammar wise will be poor.:disappointed_relieved: Great story so far. Make me want to play again and again. Looking forward to the finish product of your brilliant work. Gud luck with beta testing. Hope can buy from app store/COG/hosted game or any book game publisher which you goes with. GAMBATEā€‹:raised_hands:

Love Andreaā€¦ hate the girlfriend. Love my best friend RainšŸ˜¢ and totally sad he hate me NOWšŸ˜­. Daddyā€¦ you jerk, donā€™t bully Rain. Totally fall in love with your creation @elyneknight. Every choice intriguing. Keep up the good work.

Soā€¦I want Nyora. Sure, she tries to maul your face and all, but sheā€™s a lot more appealing to me than either Rain or Andreas. Presumably because Iā€™m pretty darn gay.

3 Likes