Recovering from bad reviews

Your situation does not really fit what the community has talked about before, but there are bits and pieces that have been shared over the years that can help you.

Fixing your game by doing a proper copy-edit pass is a great start.

There is another thing you can do as well. I’ll let a published author explain it in their own words:

There are other posts in the thread this was pulled from you can learn from too, but they really do not apply to your immediate goal.

Another idea to help give your published story a boost is to write future “add-on” content. @Eric_Moser is doing this for his CCH2 story (or is it CCH?) … he is making special content that will add 50,000 words (again I think) to the original story. This adds value and shows those that supported you by purchasing your game that you care.

Maybe Eric can explain better than me with details I am not remembering correctly.

Another author that does updates to his games is JimD … Zombie Exodus and ZE: Safehaven both have content valued added into it.

I’m sure there are more examples I am not recalling at the moment.

My point being here is that you create hooks to allow everyone to take a second look at your additional effort.

Edit: Here is what another author has done… I am very impressed with this effort.

So, the key is to add value to your updating in ways that your readers will appreciate.

15 Likes