OFNA: Birds of a Feather (WIP - Updated 8/09/22)

Wasn’t expecting an update (this week) at all, so this was a nice surprise, thank you!

Ch.4 was great; trying to figure out what it going on with a curious yet cautious MC’s certainly a bit of a challenge (we’re both creeped out by the house, congrats :clap:t2::see_no_evil:)
Looking forward to getting to know the other ROs better, allies need to be found asap + I will definitely create more MCs, kinda got attached to all of the ROs :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::woman_shrugging:t2:

Only found one typo: Lucia is obsessed WITH Elias.

1 Like

Okay, I just checked the code and you kind of have the option to do this when Elliot first gets there, but he grabs you anyway. I just added two additional reaction where you can claim that he has the wrong person, but it won’t do much good since he knows who he’s looking for. I hope that feels like a better option! That will be in the next update, thanks so much for the feedback! <3

I could add options to just keep continuously running away and trying to punch people, but I just don’t think it feels right in the story because it drags the whole thing out and won’t actually work. I think it feels pretty unsatisfying to play like that just for literally nothing different to happen?

At a certain point, the MC has been teleported to multiple locations and they’re disoriented. They are outclassed and there’s nothing they can really do, which they probably realize. No one has been violent toward them, yet. It just feels really jarring to aggressively fight back tooth and nail at that point for no reason. I did write a couple scenes like that and ended up scrapping them because they were just not fun to play.

@cookie-in-space Thank you! That typo will be fixed in the next update <3

5 Likes

More dialogue options is always good, even if they are just there for flavour :joy: I’ll have to play it through again with someone more aggressive to be of bigger help - but tbh I’d add cowardice-bravery or reluctance-support variable because after all it’s clear the only way to know about what happened to MC parents is through OFNA and as spooky as they are, they do promise to cover MC’s bills.
Maybe OFNA Loyalty/Dissidence?

1 Like

What do you mean exactly by this? Like, what would these variables do that accepting/resistant doesn’t already accomplish? That is the main intention of that attitude variable we have now.
And for the second one I am sort of tracking dissidence that you do publicly with a hidden stat, so that will factor in later and have some consequences.

At the end of the next chapter, there will be another chance to decide the MC’s attitude toward OFNA, which will affect the stat Accepting/Resistant stat and probably set it in its final(ish) location. But there will still be options to be like, “I don’t like it, but I’m going to play along for now.” If that makes sense? Anyway, let me know what you’re thinking!

5 Likes

Oi @ofna lol I like that snooping around options and really hope that someone on the roof/ secret hidden room on to of MC’s room isn’t gonna drag MC into even bigger mess…

1 Like

I think that should be enough, personally :joy: Sorry, I haven’t noticed accepting/resistant variable

1 Like

We will definitely find up what’s up there before the end of the book…

@Mango_Pirate Ah gotcha, I was like :fearful: oh no, what element am I not accounting for now??

1 Like

Please don’t stress it :joy: Your game = your rules :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I mean to be fair they’re kidnapping you, I don’t think most people would care if they haven’t been violent towards them. I’m fine as long as the option to punch Elliot remains though.

2 Likes

I agree and when I said lying I meant li tell him something like sure just let me get something from my car and then drive to your apartment only to have him be inside when you get there. You know try and trick him

1 Like

Oh, gotcha! That’s a cool idea, I probably won’t add it to the current demo, but I just put it on my list of “longterm” things to think about. Thanks! <3

@No_This_Is_Patrick The Elliot punch is in for good, promise <3

1 Like

Some people are DEFINITELY gonna get high blood pressure :joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat: lol…
Btw whatever the hell I do Trust stat going up instead of Cynical stat…and I’m pretty sure I never took any of the choices that even similarly looked like they might mean that my MC trusts someone (not even my favourite character Simone)…
And B’ seems like a legacy in the bird cult but this character still seems like spying on everyone and collecting data secretly?!?

1 Like

Did you tell someone (Jeremy/Natasha, Bea, or Simone) about the clue you were following? Either that you were looking for a way to the room above yours or about whatever clue you might have found (spirals everywhere or the weird spot on the wall)? Those are the only things in this chapter that should be raising Trusting.

1 Like

I really enjoyed the update!

One suggestion I had is that the “direct” flirt line with Natasha, seems maybe too aggressive. It would be nice to have something flirty that isn’t saying “I missed you” to someone you have met once before, lol.

1 Like

It was meant to be more like jokey than super aggressive :sweat_smile: and I think (hope?) the dialogue under it plays out that way. But I’ll keep that in mind!

Since I already have two flirt options there, I’m probably just going to leave it for now. I don’t really want to add a third for her and no one else, but I will keep this in mind for future dialogue (:

1 Like

Nope, I only like Simone so far and Tasha’s weirdness a bit but nope,did not told anyone. Lol wasn’t even overly friendly with Simone…

What is your trusting stat at?

53 and avoided the questions anyone asked…

Huh, I did the math and that means you picked all the possible optimistic/trusting options in chapter 3 somehow. But I would have expected it to drop more in chapter four then. I’ll check into it and maybe adjust the stats a little, thanks!

That’s what confused me.

1 Like