Need help with some common errors!

I have a seemingly perfact code, but the error "expected choice body keeps popping up. How do I fix this?! Please help!

You are paying bills. One particular Comcast bill is very expensive. You do not have enough money to pay for it.

*choice
#Fabricate a plan to rob a bank in order to secure the necicsary funds.
The bank you choose has few guards, but has a highly advanced computer security system. How will you rob the bank?
*choice
#Hack the security mainframe, sneak in the vault, and steal the money.
Now, after many weeks, you have the money. What will you do?
*choice
#pay the bill
*label apartment
You pay the bill, and continue with your life. A month later, the IRS comes knocking at your door,
there for a random audit. Oh No, they might find out you obtained some money illeagally.
*choice
#Go through the audit
The IRS questions how you were able to pay the riddiculous Comcast bill. Do you:
*choice
#Fess up
You go to jail.
*finish
#Deny it
The IRS doesn’t buy it. You go to jail.
*finish
#flee to florida
*goto florida
#gun down the IRS agents with your .44 magnum
Soon, others come. Do you:
*choice
#face the hordes.
You fight well, but they eventually overwhelm you. You die nobely.
*finish
#flee to florida
*goto florida
#flee to florida.
*goto florida
#use the money to go to florida and flee your home.
*goto florida
#run in to the lobby with a ski mask and you .44 and demand the money from one of the clerks.
You walk in and raise your gun in the air. “Everybody down, or someone gets hurt.
This will only take a minute,” you yell. Everyone screams and drops to the floor. You point your 44. at
the nearest clerk, and just as you are about to demand he give you all the money in the house, to your suprise
he pulls out a fully loaded Tompson sub-machien gun from under the counter.
*choice
#Drop your puny little pea-shooter, run outside, and flee to florida,
As you head outside, you notice a shiny new ferrari with a full tank of gas and the keys in the ignition.
*choice
#I steal the ferrari and flee to florida
*goto florida
#I take the ferrari, and sell it to pay off the Comcast bill.
*goto apartment
#shoot the clerk
Oh No! He was wearing a bullet-proof vest! He returns fire, putting so many bullet holes in you that the
undertaker mistakes you for swiss cheese. While the clerk blows smoke smoke off the muzzel, you die slowly.
*finish
#cancel Comcast
You tell 'em to put that @&%^!@ cabel box where the sun don’t shine. You then live a mediocer life watching
TV from the fourlocal channels over the air.
*finish
#flee to florida
*label florida
You purchase a house to move into for when you reach florida. What do you buy?
*fake_choice
#a condo
You live in comfort!
#a beach-side shack
You get a great view of the ocean!
#a mobile home
You meat many interesting people!

You arrive in florida, and now attempt to create a normal life for yourself. One day you learn that the government has finally lightend up
to the fact that the only people living in florida are either retitered or felons. So, for the greater good of humanity, they decide to nuke it,
\*choice  
  #flee to mexico
    which you do. have a happy life.
    \*finish
  #Purchase a AAA gun with what's left of your money, and try to shoot down the bomber before it crosses state lines.
    The plane is hit directly on the bomb bay, and it dentonates in mid-air. You are the hero of Florida!

here’s the code. the eroor seems to happen on line 7#1 where you make the choice to hack the system

Are your indentations correct? :slight_smile: Also you might want to try…

*choice
#A
#B
#C

instead of…

*choice
#A
*choice
#B
*choice
#C

As falconess said, it’s probably an indentation problem. You need to replace the spaces with dashes for them too show up in the forum properly.

You_are_paying_bills._One_particular_Comcast_bill_is_very_expensive._You_do_not_have_enough_money_to_pay_for_it.

*choice
__#Fabricate_a_plan_to_rob_a_bank_in_order_to_secure_the_necicsary_funds.
____The_bank_you_choose_has_few_guards,_but_has_a_highly_advanced_computer_security_system._How_will_you_rob_the_bank?
____*choice
______#Hack_the_security_mainframe,_sneak_in_the_vault,_and_steal_the_money.
________Now,_after_many_weeks,_you_have_the_money._What_will_you_do?
________*choice
__________#pay_the_bill
____________*label_apartment
____________You_pay_the_bill,_and_continue_with_your_life._A_month_later,the_IRS_comes_knocking_at_your_door,
____________there_for_a_random_audit._Oh_No,_they_might_find_out_you_obtained_some_money_illeagally.
____________*choice
______________#Go_through_the_audit
________________The_IRS_questions_how_you_were_able_to_pay_the_riddiculous_Comcast_bill._Do_you:
________________*choice
__________________#Fess_up
____________________You_go_to_jail.
____________________*finish
__________________#Deny_it
____________________The_IRS_doesn’t_buy_it._You_go_to_jail.
__________________#flee_to_florida
__________________*goto_florida
_____________#gun_down_the_IRS_agents_with_your.44_magnum
________________Soon,_others_come._Do_you:
________________*choice
__________________#face_the_hordes.
____________________You_fight_well,_but_they_eventually_overwhelm_you._You_die_nobely.
__________________#flee_to_florida
____________________*goto_florida
______________#flee_to_florida.
________________*goto_florida
__________#use_the_money_to_go_to_florida_and_flee_your_home.
__________*goto_florida
____#run_in_to_the_lobby_with_a_ski_mask_and_you.44_and_demand_the_money_from_one_of_the_clerks.
________You_walk_in_and_raise_your_gun_in_the_air.
“Everybody_down,or_someone_gets_hurt.
________This_will_only_take_a_minute,”_you_yell._Everyone_screams_and_drops_to_the_floor._You_point_your_44._at
________the_nearest_clerk,_and_just_as_you_are_about_to_demand_he_give_you_all_the_money_in_the_house,_to_your_suprise
________he_pulls_out_a_fully_loaded_Tompson_sub-machien_gun_from_under_the_counter.
________*choice
__________#Drop_your_puny_little_pea-shooter,_run_outside,_and_flee_to_florida,
____________As_you_head_outside,_you_notice_a_shiny_new_ferrari_with_a_full_tank_of_gas_and_the_keys_in_the_ignition.
____________*choice
______________#I_steal_the_ferrari_and_flee_to_florida
________________*goto_florida
______________#I_take_the_ferrari,_and_sell_it_to_pay_off_the_Comcast_bill.
________________*goto_apartment
__________#shoot_the_clerk
____________Oh_No!_He_was_wearing_a_bullet-proof_vest!_He_returns_fire,_putting_so_many_bullet_holes_in_you_that_the
____________undertaker_mistakes_you_for_swiss_cheese._While_the_clerk_blows_smoke_smoke_off_the_muzzel,_you_die_slowly.
____________*finish
__#cancel_Comcast
__You_tell’em_to_put_that@&%^!@_cabel_box_where_the_sun_don’t_shine._You_then_live_a_mediocer_life_watching
____TV_from_the_fourlocal_channels_over_the_air.
____*finish
__#flee_to_florida
____*label_florida
____You_purchase_a_house_to_move_into_for_when_you_reach_florida._What_do_you_buy?
____*fake_choice
______#a_condo
________You_live_in_comfort!
______#a_beach-side_shack
________You_get_a_great_view_of_the_ocean!
______#a_mobile_home
________You_meat_many_interesting_people!

____You_arrive_in_florida,_and_now_attempt_to_create_a_normal_life_for_yourself._One_day_you_learn_that_the_government_has_finally_lightend_up
____to_the_fact_that_the_only_people_living_in_florida_are_either_retitered_or_felons._So,_for_the_greater_good_of_humanity,_they_decide_to_nuke_it,
__*choice
______#flee_to_mexico
________which_you_do._have_a_happy_life.
________*finish
______#Purchase_a_AAA_gun_with_what’s_left_of_your_money,_and_try_to_shoot_down_the_bomber_before_it_crosses_state_lines.
________The_plane_is_hit_directly_on_the_bomb_bay,_and_it_dentonates_in_mid-air._You_are_the_hero_of_Florida!

here is the code, with all of my spaces replaced with _s. I hope this helps you help, er, me. :slight_smile:

No obvious scripting errors at a quick glance . . . but those two or three lines with very little indentation, that’s just a posting error, right? If they do actually have an extra carriage return before them (putting them on a new line) as it appears here, then that would cause problems.

There’s an error on your first “*flee to florida” line (line 22 in the code above). You need an extra 2 spaces before “*goto florida”

Aside from that, the code looks good.

Thanks Andy, I didn’t catch that before. And yes Vendetta, those carridge returns are just a posting error. After correcting these problems, though, I still have a bug. Is there anyone who can tell me wwhat the heck is wrong with my code!? The quicktest identifies the error as an “expected choice body” on line 6#1 (7 in the code above). The heck does that mean!? X_X

Okay, quick clarification: Normally an error will say the line number, then a character number. So that ‘line 6 #1’ probably is line six, then the first character. That leads to a question: is the first ‘*choice’ also the first line in the scene?

If it is, my first guess would be mixed tabs and spaces for indentation. Are you using Notepad++? If so, you may want to go into settings>preferences>misc. and turn off auto-indent.

No, what is listed unsure the first choice (hack the security mainframe …) is not shown in the scene it tales you to.

And, no, I do not mix tabs and spaces.