Need help makeing a inventory for my game

It depends. Are you on a PC?

yea i am on windows 10

Use the print screen function to take the screenshot

where should i upload it

On the forum. There’s a function to upload pictures.

k i uploaded it to the forum My error message heres the link

I scooted it over here for you so it’d all be in one place. (:

What do you mean by ‘under variables’? You only need to (and only are allowed to) *create variables in the startup.txt file. Once you’ve created a variable, you can *set it wherever you like, in any scene, to change the variable’s value.

well after some fiddleing around i can make the inventory be persistant on the choicescript_stat page or have it show up for a single scene in the actual story

to bad what i want it to do is show up in the inventory and then be able to remove it after i no longer need said item and while i suppose i could have it show up in the story it just doesnt look good.

I think you might want to take a look at this: http://choicescriptdev.wikia.com/wiki/Concatenation

I’m not too sure, but I think the problem here is the *set inventory & "smg_suppressed" part. Can somebody please correct me if I’m wrong, but should this not be *set inventory inventory & "smg_suppressed"

To be honest, I don’t fully understand the problem just yet. I’ll look at it again after some caffeine makes it way to my brain.

By “show up in the inventory” do you mean when you click the stats screen?
And, are you trying to change gear from the stats screen?

Either way works fine. They’ll give a same result.
But ofc, *set bla "text"&bla will give a different one.

i want to be able to remove gear from the stat screen as well as be able to add it

Yep, many of us want to be able to do that, but that’s hard to do right now.

This is accurate.

Would subroutines help, maybe? With a reset at the the start, of course, to nullify the strings, then just re-calculate them?

1 Like

Idk maybe ill have to look at the code and see how i can put subroutines in but right now i need to sleep so i can wake up on time to go to work.

night everyone

2 Likes

Rest well! We’ll continue working on this conundrum in your absence.

1 Like

Yep, you can reset both the “glued” variable or the “target” variable, depending on your needs.

In fact, I use this kind of mechanism on my WIP. Needless to say, it works wonderfully as a bullet-list creator.

I am intrigued. I’m not sure I understand the concept, though.

Would you care to enlighten me?

Ehh… yeah, I guess :thinking:
It’ll probably sound convoluted, but feel free to ask again to clear things up.

So, I have this snippet of my bullet-list subroutine :point_down:t4:

*label log
*params statlog addlog
*set {statlog} (("• "&addlog)&"[n/]")&{statlog}
*return

It works by having a “parent string variable” reffered to [statlog] where you can slap the extra strings to via the “sticky string variable” [addlog]

The • bullet and the [n/] tag cooperate to create the bullet list.