If/else command trouble

Hi I’m working on a wip, but I’m getting some problems with my coding with *if/*else.
My *If works perfectly but my *else keeps getting skipped. any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Emmy

*page_break 
*label beginning 
You walk through the hallways of your university, the bell signalling the end of the day. But it is not the end of your day yet.

You stop at your locker, take out your swimming bag and sling it over your shoulder. Just in that moment the swimming team comes around the corner and your heart nearly stops. 
There in the centre front of the group walks Cyril Willis.  
*if (relationship_cyril)

Your heart starts beating out of control while your vision seems to slow down. Every step he makes seems to happen in slow motion.

Perfection radiating off him like he was the sun, shining down at us. 

Then your eyes fall on the person standing next to Cyril, his arm draped over her shoulder. The girl in question is called Seiko. Her Parents are originally from China, here for work, but settled down here in Middensville. 

She has Dark ash brown hair which is almost always in a bun. With thin caramel colored eyes and a modern clothing style. But what sets you off the most is that she is known to be… Cyril's girlfriend.

Blood boils under your facade. You'd like nothing more then to break that relationship for once and for all. You're not sure exactly how, but you will do it. Even if it's the last thing you will do.  
 But making a scene right now, would do no one good. Least of all yourself.
*finish
*else
 Cyril is surrounded by his 'friends', giving you a bitter taste knowing he does not consider you a part of his closest friend group. Which consist mainly of the best swimmers of the swimming teams here at school.

While walking down the hallways the group give the passerby's highfives, fistbumps and friendly greetings. With envy you look at the group of 6, surrounding Cyril, interact with the others. 

Then your eyes fall on the person standing next to Cyril, his arm draped over her shoulder. The girl in question is called Seiko. Her Parents are originally from China, here for work, but settled down here in Middensville. 

She has Dark ash brown hair which is almost always in a bun. With thin caramel colored eyes and a modern clothing style. 

If only Cyril could see the truth that with you he did not need all these shallow people to be his friends. He would be infinitely be happier with just you by his side.  
*finish

The first “finish” starts another scene. Remove it. Or remove both, if you want the scene to keep going beyond this conditional.

You will need a “goto” command instead though.

1 Like

specifically, the finish under the if but before the else isn’t tabbed in, so its not being read as happening only if the if is true, it will run regardless.

The goto is a good idea for organization, but tabbing in the *finish should also fix it

the tabs worked! thanks! Its crazy how something so little, can have game stopping consequences :smiling_face_with_tear:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.