Got it. So all of my

The paragraph came to an end.
*if not(over_yet)
  After a few more words.
*line_break
*line_break
And a new paragraph began.

should change before I submit the Choice of Rebels draft? :slight_smile:

I had noticed (and welcomed) Danā€™s update on the topic, and Iā€™d thought I had a reasonably recent version of CS on my new laptopā€¦ but maybe not, as Iā€™m still getting the old problem. Iā€™ll redownload at some point and check.

My post on the topic discusses detailed examples of what works and what doesnā€™t.

4 Likes

Hi there! Iā€™m very much new to this but I had a similar problem as @synapse and i saw your post @Fiogan. I made some adjustments like so:

*label options
*choice
  *hide_reuse
  you try this option but it fails
  *goto options
  *hide_reuse
  *goto options

I couldnā€™t get the *hide_reuse to work without an error popping up if it was before a # so i tried this.
It seems to be working for most part but the first time it loops back, all the options are there and if i tried that option again it would disappear the second time.
Was hoping someone could give me some insight to this.

Thanks in advance!

The *hide_reuse needs to go before the option in order to work.

Try this?

*label options
*choice
    *hide_reuse #1
        *goto options
    *hide_reuse #2
        *goto options

What else are you planning to have in the choice? Youā€™ll have to add either a counter and a loop, or a final option similar to this:

You try this option, and it succeeds!
    *goto movingforwards

Also you can display code with the proper formatting by using <pre> and </pre> on either side of the code.

1 Like

Chiming in on the double *line_break aspect mentioned earlier, and that I use double *line_break any time I want a break from paragraph to paragraphā€¦

The reason that I use them is for instances where simply adding a space between text doesnā€™t necessarily work. EG- if youā€™ve pathed one way, you get three sentences in paragraph X. If youā€™ve pathed another way, you end up with four sentences in paragraph X. Rather than two instances of the paragraph- Iā€™d indicate a paragraph break in different places according to (whatever variables). And instances where sometimes youā€™ll encounter a page break in a place, and sometimes another paragraph before the page break. Whereas a double return doesnā€™t seem to be recognized unless thereā€™s something after it; admittedly, there are many places where I could use a double space instead of two *line_breaks, Iā€™d probably fuck up a bunch of coding doing it that way that I might not be able to catch easily because of pathing variance, and layout. Double *line_break is just very clear by way of organization, for me- plus I use blank lines to indicate places where I still need to write something.

Though I am absolutely certain it throws my word count off quite a bit. :\

1 Like

Oh, sorry. Didnā€™t realize that was SO long ago, what with the relatively recent post. My bad.

Hey @Fiogan. It worked like a charm thanks! and yup i added a final option.

1 Like