Expected Choice Body

So, the problem is, i get an error that i don’t have a choice body, but i do have a choice body.

*choice
 #The Monster gang, i am confident enough to take them all down with one strike.
  *goto monster

Error:
startup line 255: Expected choice body

You need more than one choice.

Works for me as you displayed it. Must be something else causing it. The error reporting in CS can be a bit confusing. What else do you have around that? Any other choice statements?

Sorry for not replying lul,
this is the whole thing:

So which are you going to choose?

*choice
 #The Amnesia Gang, i will try my luck.
  *goto amnesia
 #The Sanchez gang, so i have it easier.
  *goto sanchez
 #The Luchadore gang, to ease my way trough the other two.
  *goto luchadore
  *goto monster

odd. It looks fine to me.
no indent errors, no free lines. weird.

Which is line 255? What’s after it? If CS thinks that whatever comes after it is a continuation of *goto monster, it might be getting confused. Other than that, I don’t really know. As MP said, it looks fine. I think we need to see more…

This is the whole choice thing.

*choice
 *goto amnesia
 *goto sanchez
 *goto luchadore
 *goto monster

*label monster
Monsta
*label luchadore
lucha

*label sanchez
sancg

*label amnesia
You go

Now it’s showing me 260 line , that’s the *goto monster

There’s no indent on that line.

*choice
		*goto amnesia
		*goto sanchez
		*goto luchadore
		*goto monster

*label monster
Monsta
*label luchadore
lucha

*label sanchez
sancg

*label amnesia
You go

I used CSIDE to indent everything properly, as above. It works perfectly on my system. You really have to watch those indents, it’s like python in that respect.

Remember, the #option needs to be indented under *choice and the choice body needs to be further indented under the #option.

You know what i realised? I had it tried denting it, and it didn’t work, little did i know, i didn’t upload my current files to dashingdon. Lol.

If you use CSIDE, you can run a quicktest, and run the game itself, from the IDE without having to compile and run it in a browser. Makes testing a lot easier.

I don’t know where to download QuickTest.

Quicktest is built in to ChoiceScript. You did download ChoiceScript? If not, and you’re uploading files to test them, you’re really doing things the hard way. I prefer to use an IDE, everything’s built in, just lets you get on with writing the story.

I have choice script, but how do i use QuickTest then?