Devour (WIP, Update 3/11/18; ON HIATUS)

I am greatly pleased by this.
If you can add a good selection of romance options into this somehow then I will praise you as the second coming of Lucid.

2 Likes

The intro for this is excellent, I"m excited to see where it goes! The writing so far definitely sells the feeling of the MC being other in a way I haven’t really seen before and I dig it.

3 Likes

Was drawn back to this to play around with the customization options - each are delightfully grotesque.

This game’s very concept and execution are both so unique. Probably the most creative WiP I’ve seen in awhile. This right here is another game that deserves to be made, I tell ya.

Edit: Honestly, this has the potential to be a great reverse-horror game.

5 Likes

I am so grateful to all of you. I’ve always been rather skeptical of my work on this game, so it’s encouraging to see community support. :blush:

There will be romance, by the way.

Keep the feedback coming–it’ll be incorporated into the next update!

5 Likes

Some sexy protozoa? Virus? Bacteria?

2 Likes

I’m utterly in love with the concept! Were you by chance inspired by Prototype and/or Parasyte?

3 Likes

I remember a flash game I played a long time ago. I can’t remember its name. Basically, you were some sort of a monster which ate other beings (humans included) and took on their shape. I mean shape, like its skin color or appearance didn’t change, just the shape. Kind of reminds me of that.

4 Likes

Is called ‘The visitor: massacre at camp happy’

Yes, it does have multiple part games.

3 Likes

“We sliced off its legs, and within a week it had jerry-rigged secondary arms that worked equally well. We blindfolded it, and eyes began breaking out like boils on its skin.”

SCP-682 origin story?

4 Likes

Ooooh. Right. Thanks. Doesn’t it have multiple parts?

wiggles tentacles seductively Hey there, handsome.

10 Likes

I was thinking the same thing just now lol pretty messed up anime from what I’ve seen before.

1 Like

I’ve seen this one. I think it’s on Newgrounds.

1 Like

It’s actually on Kongregate as well.

1 Like

I’m more of a diatom man, myself.

Nah, but seriously, you will have a chance to romance some of your fellow students (including Metzger and Melusine). And you get a chance to ‘help’ a human component of your hivemind with the memories of her love life.

I’ve really neat things about Prototype, and I would love to play it someday, but I wasn’t consciously inspired by it. I was initially just trying to create a character with a perspective as cosmically inhuman as possible–thanks for noticing, @gammahawk-- and the virus bit just fell into place one day.

Which is why some of the Parasite’s comments are so enjoyably disgusting; their knowledge of humanity is patchy, and they’re trying to understand people with the only frame of reference they know. In some ways, it’s a dark comedy.

4 Likes

Will the characters in the list… be our potential ROs?

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I’m more repulsed or intrigued, so job well done? I’ll keep an eye out.

> After several unfortunate incidents, you’ve assumed a reasonably humanoid form and hidden your abdomen and all but four limbs under heavy clothing.

Summary

ZucQtdf

3 Likes

They will be among the ROs, but I’m hoping to add others.

3 Likes

This is definitely one of those games I’m not sure if I like or not.

UPDATE! Comes early, this week. Think of it as a late NEW Year’s gift.

In this update, we brainwash our new friend, deal with some bullies from her past, and muck up her love life.

Also, there’s a stats screen.

Enjoy.

8 Likes