Crème de la Crème Discussion and Romance Guide (Spoilers Within)

Oh you can definitely do that!

2 Likes

By successfully courting Max or the Prince or both or neither?

Argh! Can’t wait until this is released so I can get my grubby paws on it. :persevere:

As a sidenote with a gay male mc dating the prince, assuming gay marriage to the guy is possible that seems to imply that either royal heirs can be made by adoption or surrogacy in this world or that he has lots of brothers and sisters, some of who will presumably have kids of their own. :thinking:

3 Likes

Yeah, in this setting anyone can get married regardless of gender, and capability of giving birth isn’t an issue for heirs and inheritance and so on. Adoption or surrogacy would be fine. The society of Westerlin has a lot of class prejudice but no gender or orientation prejudice.

12 Likes

Hey @HarrisPS, do you have any specific setting references for this game? Itching to doodle the ball finery but European fashion trends are a little hard to navigate :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got a Pinterest moodboard if that’s of use!

10 Likes

I just want to say that I found out about this game only a few days and I’m incredibly excited about it. I can’t wait for it to come out. I guess I have a huge “posh boarding school” itch that needs scratching! Thank you @HarrisPS!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m really looking forward to it seeing the wider world. The testers are being incredibly helpful for getting the game as good as it can be, and hopefully it won’t be too long till it’s out!

9 Likes

Let it not be said that my character lacks ambition. While she is entertaining thoughts of distinguishing herself through university or internships, she is not adverse to marriage if it will aid her ambitions, which do include clearing her parents and family name of this scandal to get back into society’s good graces.

To that end, the moment she met Prince Rosario, she immediately began thinking of the possibility of becoming his betrothed. Of course, she is having second thoughts because of what she has heard about how hot Zaledo can be. Still, compared to everything that can be gained, if she does succeed, she will reluctantly endure the Zaledo climate and fulfill the other duties that come with being the betrothed of the crown prince, despite how much she dislikes hot climates.

4 Likes

This is the game I am waiting for the most, blood money was great and so is the demo to this one. I have a question which I could not fullywork out in the demo: if you set the gender of each character to female does the school appear as an all girls school? I was wondering if it would be possible to have this option. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

And I was wondering about the reverse, would setting them all to male make it an all boys boarding school?

2 Likes

This game is so interesting! I can’t wait to explore Gallatin and plot and plan my way to the top!
Also, is it possible to form a triad with Freddie and Auguste?
If my MC can’t form a triad with Freddie and Hartmann, then that is probably the next best thing.

2 Likes

I think the ROs we meet are all in their last year, so having them be the same gender wouldn’t necessarily stretch to the rest of the school?

Good thing I only got into this recently, less time to wait (hopefully?). Not sure how something this well-written or intriguing slipped under my nose though :upside_down_face:

1 Like

@Gadriel That’s awesome, I love it!

Not really - you can be going out with Auguste and have a relationship with Freddie alongside, but Auguste doesn’t know about it. I’m going to try out more polyamorous options in any future projects that I do, though!

Thank you so much, that’s lovely to hear!

No I’m afraid not, there are a handful of characters outside the dorm who aren’t varied genders. But you can certainly set everyone who’s variable to one gender if you’d like.

@flux201 I’m so glad you like the look of it! It’s been an amazing project to make, and we’re creeping towards the final stages.

The sharp-eyed among you may note that there’s a new beta draft up, so do ask about signing up if you’re interested, and if you’re a tester check it out (and if you’ve given feedback and I haven’t emailed you yet, thank you in advance for your hard work!). It’s now at a staggering 387,000 words. Can you believe it? I certainly can’t.

9 Likes

@HarrisPS, speaking of Zaledo, what kind of climate does it have exactly? How hot does it become in the summer? How cold is it in the winter? There does not seem to be air conditioning, but I imagine the royal family and the aristocracy do have various amenities and methods to make it more comfortable and bearable, accustomed to the climate or not.

It’s similar to southern Spain, hot and dry in the summer and temperate and dry in the winter. In the summer you wouldn’t really want to go out in the hottest times of day unless you had to. You’re right that aircon hasn’t been invented but generally houses will be built for the heat (good ventilation etc) and in rich people’s houses there’ll be fan systems and ice importing.

6 Likes

Since we’ve just had a question on the IG world, I’ve got a question myself @HarrisPS - what’s religion like in Westerlin and Zaledo? Is it organized like the IRL church?

In Westerlin there are saint figures, superstitions about ghosts, and various spiritual festivals that are focused on the passing seasons and celebrating together (Hearthlight in winter, the Festival of the Birds and Verdancy in spring). I haven’t completely set things like regular places of worship in stone … If I do another project in the same setting, I plan to go into more detail!

Testing and edits continue apace! The game’s now at 390,000 words, which I’m really pleased about.

8 Likes

i see from the beta notes you put in the ability to set all selectable genders the same at the beginning - cool!

1 Like

So is Zaledo a country with big oil and natural resource reserves then?

While Westerlin seems to be completely fine with two boys dating and possibly getting married does that hold true for Zaledo as well? I assume so since the male mc can apparently marry the prince but would it be the modern marriage of equals or some sort of concubinage where he might be expected to take a female queen too?