Choice based text in the middle of a page?

Well I’ve run into another problem, my question for today is how do you insert choice based text in the middle of a page as opposed to a choice itself. For instance.

You’re walking down the street when you see Bob *if (bob’s_status = “rival”) The balding man freezes upon seeing you and points indicating he’s not forgotten what you did.

This is how I got it to work for choices but is it a different format in the middle of a page? is it possible to have previous decisions reflect in the middle of a page?

1 Like
You’re walking down the street when you see Bob. The balding man 
*if (bob’s_status = “rival”) 
    freezes upon seeing you and points indicating he’s not forgotten what you did.
*if (bob’s_status = “lover”) 
    plants a fervent kiss on your mouth.
7 Likes

That escalated quickly.

It reminds me of Luis De Vega in Choice of Romance :joy:

leaves quickly before the topic is closed

Would that even work?

Shouldnt it have *goto label stuff after if and instead of 2 if use else?

You’re walking down the street when you see Bob. The balding man
*if (bob’s_status = “rival”)
freezes upon seeing you and points indicating he’s not forgotten what you did.
*goto label
*else (bob’s_status = “lover”)
plants a fervent kiss on your mouth.
*goto label

No; you don’t need a *label when you use a series of *if. It’s when you start throwing *elseif and *else into the mix that you start needing *goto.

3 Likes

O.o thx…i should revisit my code then. ^^

Or if you hate the idea of renaming all of your *elseif and *else, you can always put *create implicit_control_flow true
Here. Check this out for more details.

Aannd my own thread about serial *if vs. *elseif *else :eyes:

1 Like

Alright so I might have underestimated the importance of indentation because I have tried this every which-a-way and it still doesn’t work so it’s screen shot time.

This doesn’t work so I figure I must have the indents in the wrong places but I have no clue where they should go. On the off hand it is supposed to look like this I will be thoroughly surprised.

The problem is in the second *choice in the screenshot, correct?

Try indenting all the *if statements and their corresponding narrative by one more level, then indenting the *goto command to the same level as the *if statements. Additionally, you’ll need a *goto command indented under the final #option, the one that starts “I do not care how…” Something like so:

*choice
    #I don't know, the... thing hasn't done...
        *if (Monster_Breed = "Rodent")
            You kneel down still not quite face to face...
        *goto Bygones
    #I do not care how 'not killing me' the thing is...
        *goto where_does_this_go

So my problem was a misspelled variable along with the whole indention thing but I am back on track… for now thank you again.